Religion Discussion Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religion Discussion Topic

Since there's been a lot of debate about Religion in the Hitler topic lately i decided to make a Religion topic.

So discuss and Debate all your religious beliefs here.

What religion do you most identify with or practice, and what religions do you disagree with?
    Atheist
    29.27%
    Protestant Christian
    17.07%
    Catholic Christian
    17.07%
    Muslim
    4.88%
    Hindu
    0.00%
    Buddhist
    2.44%
    Judaism
    2.44%
    Satanism
    2.44%
    Other (specify in post)
    24.39%

wasnt there already a religion thread awhile back and got locked?

Comment

Considering I find sexism, hate and exclusion abhorrent, I'm not, never have been and never will be religious.

Seriously, NO offense if you are religious. It's just my personal opinion that we'd be better off without it. That doesn't mean I can't respect your beliefs. All I ask is that you respect my beliefs too. That's all I have to say.
      Last edited by WeskerSexyCheez; 05-29-2009, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
        wasnt there already a religion thread awhile back and got locked?
        This.

Supposedly I have my own religion, but I really don't know.

All I believe is that everything happens for a reason, despite what people say;
        our life is guided on a lifeline and every decsicion made in our lives was made for a certain reason, whether we know it or not.
        Last edited by Gradon; 05-29-2009, 06:55 AM.

Comment

I follow the religion of the Time Lords. Gallifrey for the win, bitches.

Comment

I have yet to see a religious debate stick to neutral grounds.

So...

IBTL?

Comment

Well, I'm a Christian but i don't really like really like Christians who Bible bash people or think there better than you, they piss me off. And i hate Christians which are overly obsessed with rituals or going to church.

I really hate Religion even though I'm a Christian.

Comment

Atheism isn't a religion.
                I practice none of the above.
                sigpic

Comment

I guess you could class me as an "apatheist," i.e. it's not a fundamental concern of mine whether a god or gods exist, but I don't mind reading religious texts. What I maintain is the idea that the most powerful otherworldly tools humans have are consciousness and interpretation.

Comment

I was raised Catholic and had my Communion in the Catholic church, but have been in a church one time ever since then. I don't practice any religion, really. I like to keep an open mind but the idea of worship never really caught on with me. I remember even when I had my Communion and took those religion classes, I would think to myself "this is bullshit." While I'd like to think there's some kind higher power somewhere out there, a 'God' if you will, I dislike the idea of religion in general, and what it does to people. I honestly think the world's religions have caused a lot more harm than good.

Comment

Bringing this here since it doesn't have anything to do with Hitler.
                      Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                      Pagans did human sacrifice back in the dark ages, So did the catholic church, i consider them both evil.

And what exactly do Pagans worship? Satan perhaps. Who's to say it isn't the devil they worship. Is there any stone cold proof that who they worship is not the devil? Just because they don't call him Satan doesn't mean it isn't Satan, i mean haven't you heard the phrase the devil wears sheeps clothing before? It means something may look nice and innocent but it really isn't. How do we know that Satan in the christian religion and whatever Pagans and Witches worship are not the exact same thing but with a different name?
                      This shows that you do not listen, nor do you know nothing about other religions save for what people against them are willing to spoon feed you. I'm going to tell you again: Pagans DO NOT worship Satan or any other sort of devil. Do not try to say otherwise, becasue they don't. Are you a Pagan? No. So you obviously don't understand or practice their religion. This is why most people don't try to discuss anything with you because you don't listen and start saying things are facts when you have absolutely no knowledge about it.

Paganism doesn't have to be about worshipping any sort of deity. Ever hear of something called Mother Earth? Would you think that's evil? Pagans often worship a goddess, that being her. It's very spiritual. I know several Pagans. I have seen some of the literature they read. As I stated before which you obviously ignored: their practices DO NOT include devil/satanic worship. They are spiritual and love nature. They actually get offended by people when they get asked if they worship the devil.

Also Pre-Christian just means before Jesus was born and died on the cross. Since that started the religion of Christianity. But the devil and God existed long before that, and people worshiped them too. Just in very different ways that now, for instance they used animal sacrifices. My proof is the fact that the old testament in the Bible was written before Jesus was born.
                      Obviously you don't know much about Christianity either. Pre-Christians were Jews. Jesus was JEWISH, not CHRISTIAN. The Old Testament was part of JEWISH scripture, and later was used because it spoke of the arrival of a holy prophet that would be the son of god. To Jews, Jesus was a very holy man, a prophet, but they did not believe he was the savior. Jews don't believe the son of god has been born into the world yet. The Christian Bible retelling the tales of Jesus wasn't written until long after his death, and by then the stories had been passed down and altered over the years. Translation of Biblical text has changed much about many religions, not just Christianity. Judaism birthed both Christianity and Islam. It's the one of the oldest religions in the world.

These religion topics get locked because of the ignorance (lack of understanding, not to be an insult) regarding other religions. I know I can sit here all day and tell Missvalentine that Pagans aren't devil worshippers, but he's going to continue to believe they are.
                      Last edited by Bertha; 05-29-2009, 12:49 PM.
                      sigpic
                      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I don't go to church and I don't really believe in God, however I respect who goes to church etc
                        The HUGE problem is that most religious people don't accept the way I think and criticise me.

WHY they can't fucking respect me and why they get offended when I say I don't believe in God??
                        It would be the same if I get offended when someone say something about God

argh

Comment

Well I don't follow a religion but I believe in a higher power...

Comment

Religion... such a murky subject. While I have beliefs, I can't in good conscience say I follow a religion. I believe a lot of things that stem from a lot of different places, and my concept of God is different than that of most people I know (those who know me well enough know what I mean). I try to steer clear of religious/political discussions, because they always lead down a bad road. So, this is all from me!

Comment

Pagans don't worship Satan. If anyone worships Satan it'll be an isolated group of people. Even Satanists don't worship Satan; at least the Satanism which is an official, registered religion.

I personally don't follow any organized religion. I must agree with Vass and Rosetta though; in a lot of forums I've been on based on various things, I've NEVER seen a religion topic end anywhere nice.
                              Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 05-29-2009, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X