Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your assistance

http://www.thehorrorisalive.net/ref.mov

Did this play properly? Were you cutoff? Did it rebuffer? Please let me know! This is very important!
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 06-27-2006, 04:23 PM.

Fails to load in FF. I'll check in IE.

Edit 1 - It works fine in IE.
    Edit 2 - Found the problem with Fire Fox. It works better when you use the whole address inside of the embed tag since FF can be really picky with that and FF also doesn't like objects, a straight embed does the trick:

*Edited*

/me can't wait for MGS4

Last edited by Dot50Cal; 06-20-2006, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Alright good to know, Were not gonna be using embedding in what this is a test for, but I just figured it would be the easiest thing to do. Thanks for your input P0!

Comment

Ah, so you were testing your new hosts Quicktime streaming capabilities then?

Comment

Maybe XD

Comment

Never really understood the whole streaming versus downloading things battle... I guess if you have content that you don't want to be downloaded, say exclusive online content or what have you, then streaming would be your pal. If you're running ads that add revenue per user browsing the ad, then streaming would be your best friend

Perhaps bad experiences with other streaming services (*cough*RealPlayer*cough*) has soured my taste for them...
            Last edited by Project Omega; 06-20-2006, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Were doing streaming and downloading side by side. Streaming is mainly gonna be used to just confirm that you really want to take the time the download the video. Or if you really cant wait whatever amount of time it will take to download and you gotta see the video now. Also I edited the post to not include the embed link, and I kinda edited yours too XD Dont hate me!
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 06-20-2006, 11:17 AM.

Comment

It did nothing but locked up Media Player Classic for me. On the other hand, IE was successful in playing it.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Yeah media player classic cant load streaming. Youll have to use quicktime

Comment

firefox is fickle with quicktime stuff, but it seemed to work fine. Some window popped up, but quicktime always does that with firefox. I'm not sure how to make it pop up again either.

Comment

My settings just download media files for local playback... Damn firefox and the inability to set a program to handle the real time streaming protocol....

Comment

Mine played it all broken up, blocky, and it lagged a lot.

Comment

I'll give it a shot. I'll admit this is the first time I've heard of this, so here goes nothing...

Comment

I paid for Quicktime Pro but I've heard nothing but good things about QTA. Really dissapointed in QTP though, Its making life very difficult as I need to have a MAC in order to convert divx files over -_-. As it stands now Ill have to make every video Lossless (to prevent quality loss) and then convert it. Thanks, Apple

Comment

It's Apple's way of tricking you into getting a Mac.

Comment

Working...
                              X