PDA

View Full Version : New SH Trailer confirms Dahlia's Appearance

James
06-05-2009, 12:32 AM
http://au.wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14325477/silent-hill/videos/shille3trailer.html

Looks very interesting to be quite honest. I'm excited that they showed Harry's house that they didn't show us in the walkthrough demo video.

But for fans, I noticed something a little odd. Dahlia is indeed returning......but, well, I'll let you see for yourself (It's about 2:11 for those looking).

Kinda looks like Heather >_>

GuardhouseMusic
06-05-2009, 12:54 AM
I would assume the face will remain the same, but I don't think she'll always have the same clothing/hair, from the possible results of the psych profile. Damn, I didn't even know there were more than two iterations of Cybil.

Now I'll leave this topic because I don't know shit from shinola about Silent Hill 3.

Mr_Zombie
06-05-2009, 03:28 AM
Wow, so now we have three versions of Cybil: sexy one, bitchy one and this.
And Dalhia is now a young good looking women? And someone is iliving in Harry's house?

It seems the game will be one big WTF for SH1 fans. And I'm starting to like it :)

missvalentine
06-05-2009, 03:32 AM
Wow, so now we have three versions of Cybil: sexy one, bitchy one and this.
And Dalhia is now a young good looking women? And someone is iliving in Harry's house?

It seems the game will be one big WTF for SH1 fans. And I'm starting to like it :)

Well the title "Shattered Memory's" makes a lot of sense now.

BadWolfX
06-05-2009, 08:21 AM
It looks fantastic.

And was that a new Mary Elizabeth McGlynn track?

I love the look of the Otherworld. Real-time changes for the win! And the chases with the creatures look incredibly exciting.

And wow....Dahlia got sexed up.

Darkmoon
06-05-2009, 09:06 AM
...the only words that can express Dahlia looking like that is what the hell? Seriously, if there's an option for seeing everyone in town as a sexual target this game is gonna be seriously messed up.

A-J
06-05-2009, 09:18 AM
The psyche test would probably have a bunch of sexually oriented questions as well, I imagine every character would have multiple layers to them.

BadWolfX
06-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Ha, can you imagine sexy Kaufman? Shirt open, glistening chest and short shorts.

missvalentine
06-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Sexy Cheryl? :o :nervous:

TheBlackMamba
06-05-2009, 09:43 AM
i like the fact that they're changing it up, would be too boring if it was the same old thing

rewak
06-05-2009, 09:47 AM
So wait, Cybil is different in that trailer than in the walkthrough, does that mean based on the choices you make in the exam at the start every character is gonna look and act different? That would be pretty cool. And "Dahlia" looks like Maria and Heather mixed.

missvalentine
06-05-2009, 09:49 AM
So wait, Cybil is different in that trailer than in the walkthrough, does that mean based on the choices you make in the exam at the start every character is gonna look and act different? That would be pretty cool. And "Dahlia" looks like Maria and Heather mixed.

The replay value of this is gonna be huge if that's the case.

You could essentially play the same game but a completely different game at the same time, multiple times over again.

GuardhouseMusic
06-05-2009, 09:49 AM
The psyche test would probably have a bunch of sexually oriented questions as well, I imagine every character would have multiple layers to them.

Unless they made a significant jump in the gameplay demo, IIRC the psyche test had about 7, maybe 8 questions. I was surprised that it almost seemed like an internet quiz, where one or two questions would've probably fucked with the results a helluva lot.

Ha, can you imagine sexy Kaufman? Shirt open, glistening chest and short shorts.

"Have you seen such *pelvic thrust* aberrations?" You and I *pelvic thrust* both know things like these shouldn't exist! *licks hand and rubs chest* Ohhh yeah! Uhh UHH!"

BadWolfX
06-05-2009, 10:02 AM
"Have you seen such *pelvic thrust* aberrations?" You and I *pelvic thrust* both know things like these shouldn't exist! *licks hand and rubs chest* Ohhh yeah! Uhh UHH!"

Ha! Epic win. I'm going to be disappointed if he isn't like this now.

I wonder if Lisa is going to be in this....Sexy Nurse Outfit ftw?

missvalentine
06-05-2009, 10:38 AM
Just finished watching the trailer. Jeez this looks like it could be the best Silent Hill yet. I really love what there doing with this game, it looks brilliant, maybe ever better than the original Silent Hill 1.

I can't believe how different Dahlia is. Even though is new before hand i didn't expect her to be that sexualized.

I wonder if Lisa is going to be in this....Sexy Nurse Outfit ftw?

:D If Dahlia is a sexy teen, Lisa will probably be naked. :P

A-J
06-05-2009, 03:28 PM
If the female cop at the beginning of the trailer was Cybil, that makes this the third variation of Cybil we've seen so far.

BadWolfX
06-05-2009, 03:34 PM
If the female cop at the beginning of the trailer was Cybil, that makes this the third variation of Cybil we've seen so far.

I assume there's three/four variations of each character.

It'd be interesting though, if you get hard-ass Cybil but sexy Dahlia. Mix things up.

rewak
06-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Kotaku says

Psyche!: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is watching you. It pays attention to the things you look at and how long you look at them, building a profile based on your behavior. Stare at racy pictures often and soon the game's artwork takes on a saucy bent. An NPC police woman I met a little later on featured a sexy cop in a tight, unbuttoned shirt, which the player next to me had a much more mousy looking police woman show up in the same spot. It's a very nifty mechanic that should stir up a lot of conversation between players, comparing and contrasting their experience.

If they use this feature to the full ability they can it'll be a very interesting game

GuardhouseMusic
06-05-2009, 07:43 PM
This actually reminds me of the possible endings of Silent Hill 2– how if you do certain things such as examine Angela's knife and stay at low health etc you'll get the In Water ending– only on a much larger scale of course.

himher_elle
06-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Wow, didn't play the first one, but I'm sure Dhalia has changes, reaaally changed

The Ekamp
06-05-2009, 09:29 PM
And the circle is complete! The daughter becomes the mother
for real this time

missvalentine
06-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Wow, didn't play the first one, but I'm sure Dhalia has changes, reaaally changed

http://wiimedia.gamespy.com/wii/image/article/969/969048/silent-hill-headed-to-wii-20090402060056616.jpg

That's what Dahlia looked like in Silent Hill 1.

himher_elle
06-06-2009, 03:58 AM
wat? she's old??? so they are really changing EVERYTHING, onlly leaving the microscopic details (like theyre names: Harry, Cheryl, Dahlia, etc.)

Darkmoon
06-06-2009, 04:44 AM
Maybe. I suspect if you do the right things and make the right actions you will play something that looks, tastes and smells like the origional Silent Hill with some changes.

But if you alter things up then the world will alter around you...and apparently Dahlia will look hot. Which, in my opinion, is the most messed up thing to ever happen in a Silent Hill game. Bar nothing.

BadWolfX
06-06-2009, 08:38 AM
And that's where the true horror lies in this game.

Sexy Dahlia.

Canas Renvall
06-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Good Lord... I can't look at old Dahlia the same way again. XD

News Bot
06-06-2009, 10:42 AM
This actually looks pretty amazing. Better than I was expecting.

Rebooting rather than remaking was a great idea, and it seems to have worked.

missvalentine
06-06-2009, 10:54 AM
This actually looks pretty amazing. Better than I was expecting.

Rebooting rather than remaking was a great idea, and it seems to have worked.

Actually it's a re-imagining.

riderkid
06-06-2009, 02:26 PM
did anyone else notice dahlia looks like heather? i guess since alessa was dahlias child its makes sense but the resemblance is now uncanny.

oh my local gamestop said october 7th for the game. preordering in sept

James
06-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Actually it's a re-imagining.
http://seiryuulostmymusic.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/facepalm.jpg

Mr_Zombie
06-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Ok, and who is this lady?
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1857/vlcsnap11857.png
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/725/vlcsnap33241.png

And I must say, even though graphics in the game looks good, I don't like the style characters are made. They don't have the quality that SH3/SH4 characters had; there's something odd about them, something unnatural. :|

riderkid
06-06-2009, 04:24 PM
...unnatural?

your saying the characters in silent hill are...unnatural?

...exactly what game have you been playing for the last decade?

rewak
06-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Looks like that lady from SH4, the sultry hooker one in the train station, what was her name?

Canas Renvall
06-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Cynthia. ...And now that you mention it, it does kinda look like her. o_o

Who knows, it's probably Alessa. XD

Actually, considering how Dahlia looks... >_>;

News Bot
06-06-2009, 11:17 PM
They don't have the quality that SH3/SH4 characters had

Because they look like trash?

The graphics look more in line with Origins, to be honest.

The Ekamp
06-07-2009, 01:53 AM
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/1857/vlcsnap11857.png

Ok, so what the hell is up with this picture. If Harry is in the front and the lady is in the background, then that is an extremely huge doctor's certificate. But he's looking right at her! So she may be a fairy or something! o_____O

Darkmoon
06-07-2009, 03:31 AM
Could it be 'sexed up version' Lisa? Doesn't look right but if the other woman really is Dahlia...

[STARS]TyranT
06-07-2009, 04:38 AM
I wouldn't even say it's a reimagining, it's an entirely new game within the mythos. It's just that on Harry's review his memory is destorting through fact and faction and that's what we see here.

I think it's looking utterly wonderful, the lighting looks smooth and the remote movement fluid and natural, and the whole mechanic of running away and hiding as opposed to fighting will be a massive breathe of fresh air for the series.

The escape and hide mechanic reminds me a lot of Clocktower if I'm honest.

BadWolfX
06-07-2009, 05:04 AM
Yeah, it seems very similar. Hopefully it won't be as annoying though.

riderkid
06-07-2009, 02:29 PM
one Q, will it owrk with the wii motion plus?

James
06-07-2009, 10:57 PM
I wouldn't even say it's a reimagining, it's an entirely new game within the mythos. It's just that on Harry's review his memory is destorting through fact and faction and that's what we see here.
It's confirmed that this is just going on in Harry's mind and it's his recount of events speaking to the doctor, correct? That's why it's not the same as the previous games and it's more of a non-canon side story? >_>

one Q, will it owrk with the wii motion plus?
Nothing has been confirmed yet and I doubt it will either to be honest.

rewak
06-08-2009, 11:21 AM
You know that woman could be Dahlia, i mean we know there are various variations of Cybil.

U and S
06-08-2009, 12:42 PM
You know that woman could be Dahlia, i mean we know there are various variations of Cybil.

You probably get the hot Dahlia if you tell your psychiatrist you're a horny, unfaithful bastard in the questionaire.

riderkid
06-08-2009, 12:53 PM
im still freaking out, could this be a sequal or remake, for all we know this is harry AFTER silent hill 1. i mean we all know the word canon is fucked the minute silent hill is mentioned

rewak
06-08-2009, 01:29 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a twist in the end where the character in the psychiatrists office turned out not to be Harry, but then again you never know, and with multiple endings it could change.

riderkid
06-08-2009, 08:19 PM
hey i just called my gmaestop and they said october 7th for a release. anyone to confirm this date?

Canas Renvall
06-09-2009, 02:55 AM
Preordered it today, heard the same date. :D

riderkid
06-09-2009, 10:27 AM
sweet, i'll prob preorder when i go to danielson next week.