The War Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The War Thread

As the topic title suggests, discuss war here. I'm more into Ancient Roman wars/battles myself.

Gotta be the battles of Alexander the Great and his huge... Army. Gotta love that crazy Macedonian~ ^^
    Last edited by WeskerSexyCheez; 06-13-2009, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Greeks vs Trojans. Sadly...I was rooting for the Trojans...
      sigpic
      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

The Spartans are my heroes.

Kratos and Leonidas are epic.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
          The Spartans are my heroes.

Kratos and Leonidas are epic.
          Until you find out that the real Leonidas had sex with little boys.

Comment

Originally posted by WeskerSexyCheez View Post

What? What!? MADNESS!

anyways, from the other topic.

Originally posted by Member_of_STARS View Post
            US 58,159 dead;[6] 2,000 missing; 303,635 wounded[7]

North Vietnam & NLF 1,176,000 dead/missing;[6]
            600,000+ wounded[8]
            This, i consider America to be the victor in both the Vietnam war an the Iraq war.

Besides if they had decided to use Nukes, the winner would clearly be the USA. So while Iraq used all they had and tried everything they got, the US army had to limit themselves plus divide there forces for two separate wars, the one in Iraq, and the one in Afghanistan.

And just because America pulled out of Vietnam, does not mean they lost. Just means they pulled out.

Russia pulled out of WW1 near the end, and guess what, they were on the winning side, and they won against Germany.

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
            The US won Vietnam War? I thought they got there ass handed to them like they are in Iraq now the forces should get out of the middle east altogether it's an unwinnable war they'll never give up fighting didn't they learn that lesson in the 80's and 90's.
            Not unwinnable, all they have to do is push a big red button to launch a nuke, and the wars over. But them the UN would step in and shit would hit the fan. But still, it's not unwinnable at all.
            Last edited by missvalentine; 06-13-2009, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Yeah you won WW2 all on your own too a superior death toll doesn't count as a victory.
              They backed out of Vietnam because they knew they couldn't get any further with it.
              Last edited by kevstah2004; 06-13-2009, 10:39 PM.
              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah you won WW2 all on your own too a superior death toll doesn't count as a victory.
                They backed out of Vietnam because they knew they couldn't get any further with it.
                Because the Koreans refused to give up the fight they won...anyway my only real beef with that war aside from the war Crimes that may have been committed was the draft(I hate the draft)But I'm all for helping people so I guess that makes me a hypocrite...

and wtf the US has nukes?!!!talk about hypocrisy...
                Last edited by ValentineKnight; 06-13-2009, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Yeah you won WW2 all on your own too
                  Who are you talking to here? I'm not American and don't live in America.

Originally posted by ValentineKnight View Post
                  The US is not a nation controlled by terrorists though, While certain other country's are.

Comment

Neither Afghanistan or Iraq were either. They may have supported terrorist groups and they may have committed war crimes...but those are both things the US have done as well. They're the ones who armed the Taliban when it suited them. And of course many of the war crimes by Suddam Hussien took place before the Gulf War...but once the oil was secure in Kuwait everyone pulled out. And there's no real need to mention Guntanamo Bay, but I will anyway.

Vietnam cannot be considered a win. Simply put, America failed to achieve it's aims and lost a huge number of people both in the war and to suicide after it. If they'd nuked the place then it would have been a total loss, and likely the start of World War III (Mutually Assured Destruction - It's madness to ignore it). The same thing will happen to a point in Iraq and Afghanistan...the official reasons for going in have long since shown to be crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                      Neither Afghanistan or Iraq were either. They may have supported terrorist groups and they may have committed war crimes...but those are both things the US have done as well. They're the ones who armed the Taliban when it suited them. And of course many of the war crimes by Suddam Hussien took place before the Gulf War...but once the oil was secure in Kuwait everyone pulled out. And there's no real need to mention Guntanamo Bay, but I will anyway.

Vietnam cannot be considered a win. Simply put, America failed to achieve it's aims and lost a huge number of people both in the war and to suicide after it. If they'd nuked the place then it would have been a total loss, and likely the start of World War III (Mutually Assured Destruction - It's madness to ignore it). The same thing will happen to a point in Iraq and Afghanistan...the official reasons for going in have long since shown to be crap.
                      America will begin lessening it's forces in Iraq very soon to focus on the real enemies who are living in Afganistan and Pakistan. It's one of the huge reasons why I voted for Barack Obama; he wants to end the war in Iraq (which was going nowhere fast) and focus our forces on the real enemies who are hiding like the piece of shit cowards they are, in Afganistan. You think the reasons that my country is fighting the inhuman scumbags who viciously murdered 3,000 innocents is "crap"? Interesting.

Originally posted by ValentineKnight View Post
                      Because the Koreans refused to give up the fight they won...anyway my only real beef with that war aside from the war Crimes that may have been committed was the draft(I hate the draft)But I'm all for helping people so I guess that makes me a hypocrite...

We get to have nuclear weapons because we are not a rogue state. We are a responsible country and the leader of the free world, it is necessary for us to have nuclear weapons.

Now, countries like....Iran and North Korea becoming nuclear-capable? A very scary thought and those people are a real threat to the world.
                      Last edited by Corrin; 06-14-2009, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Corrin is 100% right.

Comment

Well...yeah. Pretty much. I support the soldiers but the wars themselves? Not so much. The Goal in Afghanistan was to take out the Taliban, which really hasn't gone so well, give people more rights and freedoms which would have gone better without all the minor war crimes and to stop terrorists like Bin Laden and his training camps. That didn't go so well.

And, of course, the little details such as the massive amounts of poppy production, the terrible infrastructure, vast numbers of land mines and the shattering poverty of most of the people has not been improved upon. About the only thing that's truly been achieved is a new style of Government. Whether that can last when the coalition forces pull out...

This isn't to say I think 9/11 was justified or any of that. That was a cowards attack and hideous. But invading Afghanistan wasn't the smartest of moves and achieved very little. It seems like a new jerk reaction more than a well thought out plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            Well...yeah. Pretty much. I support the soldiers but the wars themselves? Not so much.
                            Does anyone have facepalm.jpg?

Originally posted by Darkmoon
                            would have gone better without all the minor war crimes
                            What minor war crimes?

Comment

Originally posted by WeskerSexyCheez View Post
                              THIS IS MADNESS!!!!

Leonidas never had sex with little boys, homosexuality was never an option in Sparta. Believe me.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X