Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay OFF the roads for a year!

I have my learners license

In all seriousness though, I've been waiting for this chance since... well, forever. I've always been a car-freak and I'm looking at getting Vanishing Point/Death Proof 1970 Dodge Challenger when I can

There was 30 questions on the test, 20 general questions, and 10 "situation" questions. You were allowed to get 10% of the answers wrong in each category (overall, 3 questions wrong). I used up all 3 chances. Damn, I'm lucky. I thought I wouldn't get it. Lucky I did though; each re-test costs another $18.05 (cos the 5 cents make a sh*tload of difference, yeah ). Nerve-racking stuff. You can practise with an online test here, but some of the questions on the real test I hadn't seen before, so it was like WTFsh*t?! situation I pulled through though

Now I gotta log 100 hours, 10 of which have to be night-time driving. First drive was really... "scary" in some ways. Thought I would crash, everyone was pissed off at me cos I'm a learner, etc, etc, etc. Ah well, I got there (eventually) though. Pity it's only my dad's car I can drive; my mum don't trust me too much, which I find kinda unfair

Now, another 98.5 hours and 364 days until I get my provisional "P" plates. Sounds good to me
    Last edited by Helegad; 06-14-2009, 08:41 AM.

Why should I stay off the roads? Last time I checked you were in another country.

But wow... We have a different system here. For one thing we don't need 100 hours of driving... >_>

Anyways, good luck... I remember my first time driving... I underestimated how much I needed to turn the wheel while turning (and ended up on someone's front lawn twice)

Comment

Because he's so much of a danger to other road users that it's become an international problem, not just Australia.
      See you in hell.

Comment

He'll skid so bad his car is launched across the equator, creating a pileup from hitting my parents' minivan on the Brooklyn-Queens expressway.

Something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post

I'm looking at getting Vanishing Point/Death Proof 1970 Dodge Challenger when I can
          insurance is gonna kill your wallet.
          Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 06-14-2009, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
            insurance is gonna kill your wallet.
            this

Comment

Still sounds like a hell of lot better than the driving farce that is the UK.

Costs nigh on amount of money - then all you've got to do is fluke a 40 minute test which is entirely up to the descresion of an examiner.
              http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
              http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
              Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

I'm worried about taking my lessons in the summer but I need to get it over with before they change the tests and make them harder etc.

Comment

Is the 100 hours mandatory? In the state I live in they recommend 120, but I only did about 30. And pretty much all of it at night, driving home from work. Friends of mine got their automatic licence with like 10 hours experience.
                  sigpic

Comment

hey if you ever screw up on the road, I'll be the guy honking his horn behind you.
                    Last edited by Daargoth; 06-14-2009, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Something about your sig + your driving skills and comparing it to your posting career....

Comment

I should go for my license soon. I should have a long time ago. But petrol just costs way to much.

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                        Because he's so much of a danger to other road users that it's become an international problem, not just Australia.

Comment

Every1 loves being stuck behind a learner, we all been there though. Least you are doing it legally most people round me are illegal, no tax, no insurance, no MOT.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrin View Post
                            Something about your sig + your driving skills and comparing it to your posting career....
                            Damn straight, Corrin, and it'll be my towbar in your asshole.

@Selfish Gene:

Yep, 100 hours is mandatory. I have to log it in a logbook and send it off when it's done.
                            Last edited by Helegad; 06-15-2009, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
                              Damn straight, Corrin, and it'll be my towbar in your asshole.
                              What are you putting in my ass....? Are you of legal age, BTW

Comment

Working...
                              X