Your Worst Fear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Worst Fear?

It's all in the title. Other than flesh eating zombies of course, my worst fear is being eaten alive by a shark. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE sharks, I've studied them since I was a kid and I even have a massive collection of shark memorabilia lol. However, they pretty much scare the crap out of me. Not so much the smaller ones (which I've swam with), but the bigger/more aggressive species such as bull, tiger and great whites. The thing that scares me the most about a shark attack is the fact that you usually wouldn't be able to see much. Being attacked by something you can't see is a scary thing.

On top of that, your in the shark's territory...which becomes pretty damn apparent when your trying to swim away. There you are, slugging away and here comes the shark, bolting towards you in lighting speed. If there's one positive thing about being eaten by a shark, it's that most of the time people don't feel too much pain, depending on the level of attack. A combination of your adrenaline pumping along with the surgical precision of the shark's teeth, many people didn't even know their leg or arm was gone until they reached the shore, or they notice they're having trouble swimming.
    Last edited by REmaster; 06-17-2009, 07:12 PM.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

I have too many fears to count, but I think I'll compound them all with a single picture:

Comment

My biggest fear? Seeing the fabled "Goat Man". I hear rumors of being tricked into clicking goatass.....the horror.

EDIT] BOB owns..........
      Last edited by Corrin; 06-17-2009, 07:21 PM. Reason: i hate myself and i want to die at burning man

Comment

Being buried alive. Or...just being stuck in a tight place, in general. I'm pretty claustrophobic. Watching the buried alive part of Kill Bill Vol. 2 and the incinerator part of Scrooged are the two times I've been the most uncomfortable in my life, squirming and getting chills. Thankfully, I've never been in a situation close to these. If I was, I'd probably shit my pants, regurgitate, have a heart attack and die all at the same time.
        Last edited by Vector; 06-17-2009, 07:48 PM.

Comment

hmmm...This is a pretty skeptical question...

Probably I lost all my fears after My oldest brother passed away it was a complete life
          changing experience (totally didn't expect it, I was 12). My worst fear would be either
          more of my family members dying any time soon especially young ones (which I'm totally
          not prepared for at the moment) or passing away myself at a young age in general
          (doesn't matter how) before I could do anything I wanted to; have kids, get
          married, graduate off college, etc.
          Last edited by Kaneco; 06-17-2009, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Ladders and arachnids

Comment

this explains everything.....

Comment

Bare feet! When I see someone walking around barefoot, I want to scream. I HATE BARE FEET. They make me sick, they make me nervous, they scare me. I also can't be barefoot anywhere. When I take a shower (even in my own house), I have to wear flip-flops, because the thought of being barefoot gives me anxiety. I mean, I'm cool with feet when people are wearing socks and shoes, but as soon as those fuckers come off, and I see BARE FEET, I want to die. Pictures of 'em don't bother me that much, but yeah. ;-; It's such a horrible phobia/fear/whatever, but I just... I can't deal with it.

Comment

Lmao, that sounds terrible. Bare feet also freak me out a little, but I'm cool with my own feet being bare, I like to air them out while I sleep lol.
                  Last edited by REmaster; 06-18-2009, 01:17 AM.
                  "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                    Bare feet! When I see someone walking around barefoot, I want to scream. I HATE BARE FEET. They make me sick, they make me nervous, they scare me. I also can't be barefoot anywhere. When I take a shower (even in my own house), I have to wear flip-flops, because the thought of being barefoot gives me anxiety. I mean, I'm cool with feet when people are wearing socks and shoes, but as soon as those fuckers come off, and I see BARE FEET, I want to die. Pictures of 'em don't bother me that much, but yeah. ;-; It's such a horrible phobia/fear/whatever, but I just... I can't deal with it.
                    My ex is just like this, lol.

Comment

Shock of shocks, I'm most scared about something happening to my wife and kids. I also have a intense dislike of showers, because the bastards always scald me, so I only take them when there's no other option...and usually cold. Give a decent bath tub any day.

Comment

The thing I'm most afraid of in the world is the possibility losing a limb or my vision, if one of those happened to me i would lose the will to live.

Comment

Actually, yeah...my biggest fear is anything happening to a family member/loved one/friend. Being buried alive is a close second, but I'm much more afraid of something bad happening to someone I love.

Comment

Comment

^ That's creepy.

I think I'd initially be scared of aliens, but depending on their intent/agression, I would love to be abducted...as long as they return me eventually lol (alive).
                              Last edited by REmaster; 06-18-2009, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X