Resident Evil 4 - Classic Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 4 - Classic Camera

After much editing, I've completed a small video which gives you an idea of what RE4 would be like if it had used the classic camera. I have it hosted on youtube for now, which you can checkout below. I realize that some parts arent perfect however its as close I could get using this version. Using another version I could get it to work perfectly with the audio matching up throughout the video. Below is a quicktime streaming video, a true one. Meaning you can skip anywhere in the video, all the way to the end if you like and the video should display in a matter of moments (depending on your connection).

If that doesnt work (let me know if it doesnt!!), You can check out a lower quality version at youtube here.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-20-2006, 05:30 AM.

Wow, although awkward camera placements, that was pretty bad ass... Having the camera in front of you only works to create a tense atmosphere, which of course would have worked better in the Hookman RE 3.5... In our RE4, it feels really out of place with the brightness of the landscape...

Comment

There was no real way for me to get the camera to follow Leon while remaining in place, so thats why some of them are a little wierd. I coulda got some really good ones if I was using the other version I have that allows this but thats for another time ;)

Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-20-2006, 05:30 AM.

Comment

thats absolutely amazing. the video editing skills alone are worth a bunch of credit.

Comment

Added a quicktime streaming version for those that hate youtube.

Comment

Wow, this is looking cool and wonderful, another cool reason to replay the game!
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-17-2006, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Heh Its not real is the only thing I got it working properly btw Andrew. You just have to click the video now to activate the stream

The most rediculous thing though, Im going to be using a new codec to replace divx for THIA's video files. We'll have streaming via quicktime too but this new codec..Jesus christ. This file for instance. I got it down to 13MB (Same as the streaming file above) and its superb quality, You'd think it was off a dvd! It totally blows away the streaming one. This is insane!
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-17-2006, 06:42 AM.

Comment

two words Dot
                Fucking Awesome

that was brilliant and actually looked really good as a game in itself, just needed improved aiming method and it could have been how RE4 coulda been played out lol.

Comment

Thats just the thing, the other version I have DOES have auto aim !!

Comment

Later on you should make some kind of RE4 trailer.

"The REAL RE4" xD

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal
                      Thats just the thing, the other version I have DOES have auto aim !!
                      Attention = Spiked.

Comment

I beleive I posted about it on Bioflames. Its the full retail version of the game but it has the debug menu active by default XD Almost all the settings are available unlike the other versions.

I have a whole bunch more versions, Its kinda rediculous the amount of RE4 ones I have.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal
                          The most rediculous thing though, Im going to be using a new codec to replace divx for THIA's video files. We'll have streaming via quicktime too but this new codec..Jesus christ. This file for instance. I got it down to 13MB (Same as the streaming file above) and its superb quality, You'd think it was off a dvd! It totally blows away the streaming one. This is insane!
                          Thats crazy its only 13mb for a 5 min video. What type of codec are u using?Its absolutely amazing you did a AWSOME job with it

Comment

Thanks for the comments!

Ill be using X264, a derivitive of the H264 codec which is becoming the standard for Blu-Ray and HD-DVD as well as HD movie trailers. It only compresses this well because of the static camera angles, if I make re4 videos Ill have to up the bitrate though.

Another vid that might interest some of you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP-44J7DKsI XD

Comment

^ I should make a post about this in the WTF topic... WTF, for real! Disabling the skin just on the front of the model... That's crazy...

Comment

Working...
                              X