The Last Airbender - Movie (2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Airbender - Movie (2010)

Yes!! at last!!! the Avatar movie is on its way!! and it looks great !!!
    I have this strange thing, that after I read a book/whatch a movie or series I desire for a movie to be made based on it, it gets made! same thing hapened with Desperation (Stephen King), though it was a crappy movie, it was made. Aso with It (stephen king), after finishing it, I heard the news of a new movie based on it being developed!! and now Avatar!! I'm sooo exited for this movie!!

The movie is being directed by M. Night Shyamalan, who claims to be a fan of the series thanks to her doughter, I think he really is going to do a good job with the story and all (I know not everything he has done has been good, but generally, he delivers what he says he'll deliver). And the movie IS NOT called Avatar, it is called: The Last Airbender. Some say this is because of the James cameron movie: AVATAR, who knows.

The casting is... ok, onll that, it's not bad, but thoes wouldn't have been my choices. So here they are, the lucky ones:

Aang: Noah Ringer ()

Soka: Jackson Rathbone ( Jassper)

Katara: Nicola Peltz ()

Suko: Dev Patel ()

Suki: Jessica Jade Andres

Iroh (the best character ever): Shaun Toub ()

General Zhao: Aasif Mandvi ()

Fire Lord Osai: Cliff Curtis (he... seems ok )

And now with you, the first teaser trailer:
    http://www.thelastairbendermovie.com/
    or look it up on youtube

For more info on casting and such: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0938283/
    Last edited by Guest; 02-04-2010, 04:00 PM.

Dev Patel as Zuko?

Comment

does anyone even watch this show?

Comment

I really liked this show. So far, the movie looks pretty cool. The casting is decent and the bending special effects look really good.
        I liked the first season a lot even though it was a bit childish. I lost interest during the second season (it starts off wayyyy too slow). But after watching the third season, I'm a real big fan.

Comment

I haven't watched Avatar (plan to grab it when I see it starting again so I can watch it with my kids) but my wife is greatly amused by the controversy this kicked up, by switching two asian characters to white actors and the bad guy, Zuko, to an asian one.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
            does anyone even watch this show?
            I whatched it. Once my little brother was watching the first episode, and I sead: ok, lets see what this is all about. After that I bought the first and secong season. And when the third one came out I was a fan, I was desperet to watch the ending, even more than my little brother!!! I'm sooo weird, hahaha. if you watch it, you'll discover it is a great show, with lots of good mesages
            Last edited by Guest; 06-24-2009, 06:59 AM.

Comment

...i gotta say at least the characters resemble there actors and vice versa, unlike...that other adaptionthat came out this year

Comment

Ah, Dev Patel. It's hard to take him seriously after Skins.

Comment

mmmm, i don't like him.... i loved the show and i always thought Zuko was handsome.... hahahaha...
                  Last edited by RE-Hiro; 06-25-2009, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Dev Patel =/= Zuko...

Still better than Jesse McCartney though

Comment

*sniff*

Whats that smell?

Oh right, its the smell of Fail.
                      Hoping the movie bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                        *sniff*

Whats that smell?

Oh right, its the smell of Fail.
                        Hoping the movie bombs.
                        mmm... no, I hope you are wrong, it seems awsome in every aspect (even casting, yes, casting)

Comment

The only think I dislike about Shyamalan films is that they usually have a very predictable twist (The 6th Sense aside, I honestly didn't see it coming, then again, I didn't know to expect a twist ending being the first Shyamalan film I saw). I honestly like films; they are enjoyable, but I think they are just too predictable. Hopefully this one will be different.

Comment

This is a really old post, but the movie is geting nearer and there is new stuff to see:
                            - Two new posters:

- And a NEW TRAILER!!!!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-sh82kWaEM
                            And I just watched it for the 40th time and discooooveeereeed: Appa!!!!!!!!!!!! he's just like the cartoon one!!! He apears at 00:09 at the uper left side of the screen.
                            Appa:
                            Last edited by Guest; 02-04-2010, 02:28 PM.

Comment

^ Appa. APPA. APPA!!!!!

Yeah, you're right! Appa!

Doesn't look too bad, not too bad at all, choreographed goodness and all. I hope they put in the Earth-bender Toph, though. I liked her.

Comment

Working...
                              X