• Show
Clear All

• Future Survival Horror Games

Resident Evil 5
    Alan Wake
    Alone in the Dark 5
    Silent Hill 5
    The Inevitable House of the Dead 5.

Lot of 5's. What is your preferred new console?

I'm choosing the 360. All of those (Alan Wake is exclusive too) are on the 360. I really wanted a Playstation 3 but I can't wait for a price cut or live with myself if it broke. I will not get a Wii.

By the way, any news on RE Wii?

And I also think House of the Dead 5 is also going to be exclusive on the 360 too...
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-18-2006, 04:13 AM.

Alan Wake is coming to PC apparently as well. MS is gonna be pushing "Games for windows" soon and since they are the publisher now for Alan Wake, its probably gonna either be a 6 month exclusive or they will release em at the same time. Please use the edit button if you have something to add to your post btw ;)

Comment

Oh really? I might have a chance to play Alan Wake than! =D

Future Survival games are going to be great, mostly because of sound and graphics. (Survival games rely a lot on graphics and sound IMO)

(BTW... House of 1000 corpses > Devil's Rejects.) =P

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal
        Alan Wake is coming to PC apparently as well. MS is gonna be pushing "Games for windows" soon and since they are the publisher now for Alan Wake, its probably gonna either be a 6 month exclusive or they will release em at the same time. Please use the edit button if you have something to add to your post btw ;)
        It'll be only available for Windows Vista though, won't it? I can't remember the details about the Games for Windows but I do remember the little logo was similiar to the Vista one. Might just be me being stupid though lol.

I do remember the achievements system that the Xbox 360 has will also be carried over to the PC version too.....part of the whole "Games for Windows" thing also.

Anyhoo, Xbox 360 FTW IMO in terms of Survival Horror games, since the PS3 isn't my cup of tea (at least not at the price point they are aiming for) and the Wii's NecroNesia is abysmal. Though I do look forward to "Sadness" on the Wii.

Comment

I like the look of this new Rule of Rose game that is coming out in October in Europe. I always wanted to see Obscure II but it never came to pass. I've got loads of survival horror games that I can never be arsed to play through properly. Like I'll start a new game, get quite far and then stop, for some reason.

Comment

These are all the Survival Horror games I know of comming out, in the near future. ..

Call of Cthulhu: Destiny's End-PS2,Xbox,PC
            Alone in the Dark 5-PS3,Xbox360
            Resident Evil 5-PS3,Xbox360
            Resonance-Gamecube,PS2,Xbox
            Rule of Rose-PS2
            Siren 2-PS2
            Silent Hill:Origins-PSP
            Devil May Cry 4-?

Comment

Devil May Cry isn't Survival Horror, silly.
              If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

Neither is HOTD 5 (which may not even see a console release like 4), and DMC4 is a PS3 game. Jeux France's mistranslation earlier in Jan led some to believe that Kobayashi said it's not going to the PS3, rather the Wii and 360. Sony secured DMC3, and it seems they did the same for the 4th game (you don't see an "only for" sign often in promotional material for Sony consoles).

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I'm not much of a horror buff aside from SH and RE. All upcoming games considered, the PS3 is my first choice, followed by the Wii then the 360 (it is getting a version of RE5 after all). Though I must admit that Alan Wake is looking mighty tempting. I'm sure that I'll own the console by the time it's released.
                Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 08-09-2006, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Sadness, Necro-Nesia both for the Wii. Sadness looks, intriguing, while NecroNesia is terrible.

Comment

rule of rose looks so fetishy... im getting it.

Comment

Working...
                    X