Creationism vs. Evolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creationism vs. Evolution

Okay, gonna start a discussion here, continued from a conversation between me and TheMedic on MSN.

Do you believe in creation or evolution? In my opinion, it's undisputed that evolution is the key. There is so much scientific evidence for it.

I'll make a more detailed post later.

What are your opinions on this?

I'm not into this whole debate thing, because I honestly just don't care -- it has no effect on my life or my future, so why should I care about it? That being said...I think the whole idea of creationism is rather lulzy. Pipe dreams for holy rollers, ya heard? Science and biology take precedent over religion, in my opinion.

Comment

In all honesty, I believe in a God, but that doesn't mean evolution didn't happen.

That's all I'm gonna say before things get heated up in here.
      Last edited by Canas Renvall; 07-05-2009, 08:33 PM.

Comment

I believe it's a mixture. For something to evolution there must be a start, zero point where it all began... and that's creation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
          I believe it's a mixture. For something to evolution there must be a start, zero point where it all began... and that's creation.
          I totally agree with you. I believe that evolution does exist but I also believe that thats not the way we got here. Doesn't mean I don't respect others beliefs though. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

We all know it hasn't been proven yet that man has come from monkeys though, so until I see proof I won't believe it.

Comment

I believe that our world was created by something beyond our thought process and there had to be something that started life. The concept of time is hard to process because how can something be always be there? If there is a higher power was it always there? Evolution probably happens all time but is it because of a higher power or something that is not controlled? See for me this debate leads to too many questions and not enough answers. Either belief is fine as long as it doesn't lead to hate and violence. Some religious people go to far with silencing others who go again their beliefs which is wrong.
            Last edited by Stars1356; 07-06-2009, 05:59 PM.

Comment

I'd love to buy into evolution except if you believe we evolved from chimps then where did chimps evolve from? Carbon based lifeforms evolving from a single celled organism? Where did a one celled organism come from? Maybe it was frozen in a comet or asteroid that hit the earth and thawed. Oh wait where did the universe come from? Fuck...

Comment

I just love this fantastic concept of someone discussing Evolution vs Creationism on a board dedicated to Resident Evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Mason View Post
                  I'd love to buy into evolution except if you believe we evolved from chimps then where did chimps evolve from? Carbon based lifeforms evolving from a single celled organism? Where did a one celled organism come from? Maybe it was frozen in a comet or asteroid that hit the earth and thawed. Oh wait where did the universe come from? Fuck...

EXACTLY!!! Scientists can explain evolution except for when it comes to where the single cell organism came from in the first place, or how did we evolve from apes if there's no connection between them and us?

I think there's always going to be questions that are unanswered on both sides. I just have faith that there's a higher power that made all of this. What else do we have to back evolution up? Only a little, but nothing for humans yet.

I was having this debate with Emma (Alexia_Ashford) earlier on msn and I told her God could even be an Alien for all we know. I think thats highly plausible since through out history people have spoken about "beings" coming down from the sky and creating things. What explains stone hinge? Or like Emma was saying the "Pyramids". She didn't agree that God is an alien though lol Thats my opinion.

I'm sure she's going to be on tomorrow with her opinion on it. We have completely different views, but were still friends. We both agreed to disagree and be civil about this debate since it is so interesting.
                  Last edited by TheMedic; 07-05-2009, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Yeah I agree science has explained a lot and I respect some of our mental evolution, but some questions just have no answer. There are no facts, no smoking gun and I don't believe we will ever find one unless it's provided by a divine or alien source.

Comment

I believe that there is a higher power, and that higher power put things into place so that evolution could occur. It did not create life, but let life happen the way it wanted. I don't count that as creationism.

Do I agree that God made man, and then women from man's rib? Absolutely not.

Comment

Well, I'm kinda pleased to see this hasn't devolved into, 'Evoloution is proven, there is no God you noobs'. I see that happen an awful lot in various places.

Alright, I actually believe in evoloution, but I don't think it can explain everything. The math alone tells us that human beings just randomly evolving is a ridiculously big number. Possible, but possible in the way that someone could walk down the street, get hit by lightning, run over by a truck, find a winning lottery ticket in the gutter and then do it again, every day that week.

The thing to bear in mind with evoloution, of course, is that the evidence isn't nearly as fool proof as some scientists would want you to believe. During my studies at university evoloution and pre-history were key courses, and I found out something I was quite shocked by...some of the species on the chain of evoloution showing how humans evolved? They're a bone. Literally, a single bone.

It is the Theory of Evolution for a reason. It's not prooven, although there is proof. It's simply generally agreed on that's how it works. Of course, what we all agree one at one point in history, what is obvious to any right thinking person, is not so accuarate later on...for example, noxious humours causing disease, the four elements, etc.

Comment

Debating Creationism and Evolution is all good, however going to Belgium disproves both theories.

Comment

I believe heavily in creationism, i just though evolution was weird and like something out of a B Sci-Fi movie, but then so is creationism lol. But slightly less weird.

So i agree with Taylor (TheMedic) on this.

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            Well, I'm kinda pleased to see this hasn't devolved into, 'Evoloution is proven, there is no God you noobs'. I see that happen an awful lot in various places.

Alright, I actually believe in evoloution, but I don't think it can explain everything. The math alone tells us that human beings just randomly evolving is a ridiculously big number. Possible, but possible in the way that someone could walk down the street, get hit by lightning, run over by a truck, find a winning lottery ticket in the gutter and then do it again, every day that week.

The thing to bear in mind with evoloution, of course, is that the evidence isn't nearly as fool proof as some scientists would want you to believe. During my studies at university evoloution and pre-history were key courses, and I found out something I was quite shocked by...some of the species on the chain of evoloution showing how humans evolved? They're a bone. Literally, a single bone.

It is the Theory of Evolution for a reason. It's not prooven, although there is proof. It's simply generally agreed on that's how it works. Of course, what we all agree one at one point in history, what is obvious to any right thinking person, is not so accuarate later on...for example, noxious humours causing disease, the four elements, etc.
                            That is some very interesting stuff darkmoon, and just more reasons why i refuse to believe in evolution.

Either way, God exists if either happened because who created the first cell? And why create a cell when you can create man? So i think creationism is what happened.

Comment

Oh, the first cell was created by random chance when the correct materials came together in the correct way and in the correct conditions. It is possible. It's just stupidly unlikely that something like that happened in a spontanious manner.

I don't think the world was created in seven days in is a few thousand years old, though. The turth is likely somewhere between the two points. Exactly where is hard to work out, though. I go for something I refer to as Guided Evoloution. That God Himself made the conditions right, brought together the ingridients for life, and then guided that life to where it needed to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X