Torchwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torchwood

Anyone round these parts watch this? The third series has been fucking awesome so far, really enjoyed it and it's a lot more intense and wrapped tighter together than the previous series. I prefer one central story over 5 episodes. I was absolutely gobsmacked at tonight's twist.

Spoiler:

Children of Earth is perhaps one of the best mini arcs ever in the Doctor who universe, Davis has done his best work here in my books, it keeps me in suspense every moment. Also to note that this has a perfect cast of characters on both end (the goverment are the highlight for me), such a great job.

Comment

Torchwood is great, we're just getting Children of Earth right now (damn delayed period!) and it really is what Ganado has said.

I can't wait to watch the rest of the third series, I've been dying to - so I'm not going to read that spoiler but hearing that... only makes me want to watch it more now!
      Last edited by Enetirnel; 07-10-2009, 06:49 AM.
      sigpic
      Non-blurry Signature Version
      Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

You know, the British government are delightfully insidious during the Children of Earth. The entire cabinet must be under so much pressure throughout this ordeal, though I do sympathise with the character of John Frobisher. He's a family man, he loves his wife and children and he's just been thrown all of this responsibility by a government that's just using him as a middle man to communicate with the 456. They've all been forced into a situation they didn't want to be in, you saw what happened when Jack and Ianto stood up to the 456.

Spoiler:
        Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 07-09-2009, 11:00 PM.
        See you in hell.

Comment

I loved Torchwood, though I only got to see the first season before it was canceled here which sucks.

I was considering buying the DVD's but didn't. Should I now?

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
            I loved Torchwood, though I only got to see the first season before it was canceled here which sucks.

I was considering buying the DVD's but didn't. Should I now?
            It wasn't canceled here, that was the end of the first series and the second series was eventually put on after a delay ((or at least, that's what I remember about it and a couple of episodes being delayed for sport or something)).

I'd go and buy the DVDs, they're worth getting and there's a lot of funny stuff that the actors got up to. I can't wait to watch the next episode of Children of Earth tonight, Torchwood really just continues to improve and really hooks you into it (not forgetting the fact, that it's also stopping me from complaining about when the next season of Doctor Who will be on instead of just repeating the new and the old episodes).
            Last edited by Enetirnel; 07-10-2009, 01:18 AM.
            sigpic
            Non-blurry Signature Version
            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

The whole story of this Torchwood as been the beast so fair last night's episode not me into tears near the end I aint belive they went and did that WHY but tonight is the night the final episode I caint wait to see what happens.

Comment

Y'know, I haven't watched episode 4 yet and I'm here in my perfect bubble of ignorance.

Spoiler:

Needless to say, I was not happy to be spoiled in such a manner.

ETA: Seen the episode now. That's heartbreaking.
                Last edited by BadWolfX; 07-10-2009, 10:25 AM.

Comment

It's on!

Comment

What a series, the ending was so dark. Great show!

Comment

That was a fantastic series, really intense and I enjoyed it a lot. Very dark undertone to it.

Comment

That was great it really was dark and really sad at the same time and it was the beast series yet I now i'll be geting the DVD when it comes out.
                        Last edited by Sephiroth; 07-10-2009, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Saw the ending coming a mile away *bloody screenwriting background* but was pretty well done, i'd be cynical and say that's not the end of it though and would bet money on there being some kind of spin off or continuation in a year or so.

Comment

I know Jack will be in Davis's finale christmas special this year, and that a fourth series for Torchwood has been green-lighted but it depends on ratings which has now beaten their expectations so it will go forward.

Comment

That was...exceptional. I must admit, I didn't see the ending comming, at least not until it was pretty close. And damn, that was a harsh ending. I like the way Jack was portrayed...starting to grow beyond what a normal human could consider doing but still not able to do it without serious heartache. It was hard to know whether to hate him for his choice or feel sorry for him because, really, he had no choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X