Good Things About the Prequel Trilogy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Things About the Prequel Trilogy

I like the PT but I know many hate it. But even the haters have to admit there were some good things.

To start off, Order 66.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Try being more specific next time as to what you're talking about. I know there are few 'prequel trilogies' out there, but still...this isn't a Star Wars forum, ya know?

As for the topic...I agree. Episodes 1-3 had some nice moments, but...they don't come close to comparing with 4-6.

Comment

I agree with you that the prequel trilogy gets a lot of undeserved hate. Just for simply not being quite as awesome as the original. But really, is any new film released now as good as there original 80's counterparts? NO!

I liked the originals better but I also thoroughly enjoyed the prequels. And Revenge of the Sith actually is just as good as the originals really.

Comment

I started watching Star Wars from the "number one" movie, I don't remember any of the names, just the numbres (but I'm aware the fourth is the first one to have come out and so on), and I liked it a lot, I was a kid back then, then I went and bought all the movies. I can see why many like the 4, 5 and 6 more than the others, but that-s onlly because at it-s time they were great, but now... come on! the second and third were great!!! and yes, I loooves order 66, it was one of the best scenes

Comment

It's really hard to decide on which is the best trilogy, each has alot of great moments but at the end of the day if I was asked which trilogy I was able to watch, then it may be the prequel.

I feel in love with Anakin and his story, It was great that after watching the Orignal Trilogy and seeing Darth Vader walk around killing here and there and acting like a real arse, that you didn't get to know how he became that in the first place.
          With the prequel trilogy we got to see this, with Episode 1 showing Qui-Gan and Obi-Wan finding this small boy (Anakin-Darth Vader) and taking him into the jedi order, to him turning his back on his master and joining the Sith.

The prequel trilogy did have some flaws like Episode 1 being boring at some parts, like the only scene I liked was the ending to be honest but I guess George Lucas had to start up a story which would create 5 more film to kick off from.
          Episode 2 was just great, loved the movement of the movie, had loads of action, we got to see a cocky Anakin and a sexy Padme ;). I think this film got alot of hate, which was wrong because this was a very good movie.

Just to round this long post up, Episdoe 3 was awesome, had a lightsaber fight 10 mins into the film, the story came to a great close, we got to see a skinny Darth Vader lol but the only thing I thought was awful in this movie was how easy it was for Anakin to turn his back on the jedi and join the dark lord of the sith, just because he stated that he can teach him the ways of the sith, which invovled being able to save his wife from death, which he forseen. This was a load of crap to be honest and I would have to sit down for many weeks to decide if to turn my back on my order and join another. Also i'd love to see some evidence that this would actually work in the first place.

Well that's my views on the Prequel, so yeah I really like it but I still love the orignal very much. I guess that being able to watch all 3 Prequels in the cinema was something special as I wasn't even born to watch the Orignal Trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis_lover View Post
            The prequel trilogy did have some flaws like Episode 1 being boring at some parts, like the only scene I liked was the ending to be honest but I guess George Lucas had to start up a story which would create 5 more film to kick off from.
            I liked The Phantom Menace a lot too. Though it was clearly aimed at a young audience. The Pod Race scene was spectacular to watch in cinemas and gets my heartbeat going up every time I watch it. Sure it had bad things like Jar Jar, but it introduced a lot of the coolest things in the Star Wars universe too. Like Darth Maul with his double bladed lightsabre. He was just pure badass with that thing. And I did like the action scenes in it, it was rather well done there. Probably the worst in the saga, but it's still a good movie overall in my opinion.

Also everyone seems to forget this movies sound track, it has some of the greatest musical scores in the saga you can't deny that.

Episode 2 was just great, loved the movement of the movie, had loads of action, we got to see a cocky Anakin and a sexy Padme ;). I think this film got alot of hate, which was wrong because this was a very good movie.
            I agree here too. Attack of the Clones was a visually stunning film, and pulled it off superbly. It had a good pace to it, so that all the action scenes made you feel that sense of awe when you see it. Something Transformers 2 failed at. I did love the atmosphere in this film a lot, it was very well done. And I did enjoy the story as well. It was a vast improvement of all the things that were wrong with the first film. It had less Jar Jar, and more Padme. I think this is probably the most underrated of all the Star Wars films. It also introduced the awesomeness of the Clones to the Star Wars universe which I love so much. One thing people always fail to remember when bashing the prequels is how much stuff they spawned. There were so many great games and books inspired and created following on from 1 and 2 in particular which are just as great or better than the original films. Star Wars Republic Commando is a great example of this.

Just to round this long post up, Episdoe 3 was awesome, had a lightsaber fight 10 mins into the film, the story came to a great close, we got to see a skinny Darth Vader lol but the only thing I thought was awful in this movie was how easy it was for Anakin to turn his back on the jedi and join the dark lord of the sith, just because he stated that he can teach him the ways of the sith, which invovled being able to save his wife from death, which he forseen. This was a load of crap to be honest and I would have to sit down for many weeks to decide if to turn my back on my order and join another. Also i'd love to see some evidence that this would actually work in the first place.
            I thought Revenge of the Sith was a great film too, almost as good as the originals in my opinion. Although I think they should have used just a little more live action and a little less CGI. But the CGI in this film is so impressive, to this day I haven't really seen anything that surpasses it yet. It is probably one the most visually stunning films of all time. I just love the attention to detail George Lucas and ILM have put into this movie.

I love the new Darth Vader theme in this film as well, it's very epic.

Comment

I think they were done wrong.

Episode 1 could have included a narrated backstory as to why the Sith want revenge, and those flashback scenes would have been pretty awesome. The trade federation subplot was awkward and poorly executed...and Jar Jar was really unneeded.

Episode 2 was pretty good with the clone army story and bounty hunter sub plot, also had some great monsters. And the Episode should have been the first of the new trilogy with the narrative introduction.

Episode 3 was full speed for about 45 minutes until the ship crashed on Coruscant...then it got slow as molasses until Order 66, Anakin going on a killing spree and fight with Obi, and Obi-wan's feather lizard and fight with General Grievious.

Now if Episode 1 was pitched in the trash, Episode 3 could now be the story of the rebellion and the theft of the Death Star plans...and Vader is already in the suit. Could have been great, but guess we'll never know.

Comment

Working...
              X