Should Marijuana be made legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Marijuana be made legal?

Should it? I think so! Then we wouldn't have to get it from dangerous sources and/or be scared of it being tampered with.

I know the government makes more money not having it legal, but thats where its all wrong! Government shouldn't make things illegal just because it makes them more money.

I think if it were to be made legal you should have the same rules that you do with alcohol. No smoking and driving! That would be a definite.

Anywho I want to hear your opinions on this. Should it be made legal or not?

Discuss.
    Hells Yeah!
    45.45%
    NO!
    31.82%
    Maybe...
    22.73%

Yes, but tax it heavily. The government would make a fortune.
    See you in hell.

Comment

for recreational use, hell no, but for medical purposes yea

Comment

Maybe allowing for more medicial purposes, but not recreational. Marijuana is a gateway drug. I have several friends that said they were "only" going to smoke it "occasionally". Well those only's and occasionally's turned into hibitual and more illicit drugs. I read the police records every day and most of them are for possession of marijuana. For people that say marijuana is a harmless drug, it's not. It can cause many respitory problems and issues with your brain.

And Medic....being high and driving is already illegal. Saying you couldn't smoke and drive would be redundant, and also rather difficult to tell from a distance if someone was smoking just a regular cig or not. I know in some places smoking just regular cigs while drivingn is illegal, just like talking on a cell phone and such, since it serves as yet another distraction.

Sadly taxing it wouldn't work either, since most people would simply grow it at home. I've been told that the best shit doesn't even come in America, but regardless...people are cheap fucks. If they have to pay for it, they'll find ways around it so they don't.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I went to Holland and smoked some in Front Page coffee house and yeah it was legal and no big deal. Tax it and sell it, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
            Marijuana is a gateway drug.
            Couldn't have put it better myself.

Comment

One word - Portugal.

While I am a drug opponent, there are a lot of things you could do better to keep drug use in check. Decriminalization the use of recreational drugs would be one way to go about it.

Comment

It can cause many respitory problems and issues with your brain.
                These kind of reports are blown out of proportion. Marijuana only causes problems if it becomes a habitual (and by habitual, I mean catastrophic levels of use) use. But then, that's the same with alcohol.

Make it legal and tax the shit out of it. Maybe then the government can get fucking rid of the entire tobacco industry. Fuck that shit. Weed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cigarettes
                Last edited by News Bot; 07-15-2009, 04:53 PM.
                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

-First and foremost, I'm a stoner. I don't like associating myself with the culture in such a tenacious way because there's a stigma attached. Nonetheless, I enjoy getting high, and I don't think my world would crumble without it. I think it goes without saying that drugs do not make a person.
                  -While I have experimented with psilocybin, LSD, and DXM, I am in no way curious about most other drugs. Cocaine, amphetamines, heroin, other stimulants, depressants, opiates, and barbiturates turn me off because I do my research and I realize what risks are involved from even giving them a try. I was prescribed Clonazepam for my anxiety and I'm too scared to even take that because of the possibility of it being habit forming. I don't even enjoy drinking. I believe THC's only as much of a gateway drug as the user allows it to be.
                  -The term "marijuana" is in and of itself racist. It was created to associate the drug with Mexican stereotypes. Cannabis and THC are the preferred nomenclatures, dude.
                  -in terms of regulating, manufacturing, and selling cannabis for recreational use, I don't think people growing it would be a problem. With specific stores as the main source and unlicensed drug dealers/smuggling prosecuted, drug laws would be narrower and the priorities of enforcement more concentrated. A good idea would be to take the seeds out of legally sold cannabis. All of this considered, it would be much harder to grow weed than it is today.
                  Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 07-15-2009, 05:45 PM.

Comment

I've 420 reasons why it should be legal.

...I don't remember what the 1st one was....

Comment

I would have to say no because the government would make it less potent and would probably be more expensive. Even if they did make a lot of money off it threw taxes, the would waste it on something else. I would rather get it from some shady dealer than from the store.

Since I don't smoke anymore, realistically it should only be used for medical reasons as we don't need everyone to be burn out and brain dead.

Comment

Depends on the country, I guess. In any case, if it's legalized, it must be under some regulations. If you want to smoke, you'll do it anyway, legal or not...

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Hell yeah it should be legal, it make's pretty much anything (except work) alot more fun. I don't think any drug's should be illegal especially one's that grow from the earth! People should be aloud to eat, drink or smoke anything they want. It's our body's and we know the consequences. I was wondering when this topic would come up, nice one Medic.

Comment

Though I don't/wouldn't smoke it, I think it's kind of silly it was ever made illegal in the first place. Especially since alcohol is legal. However, I had to vote 'maybe', only because I know how irresponsible people are in general. I would like to think people would be smart about it, but based on personal experience, I have more doubt than faith.

Comment

Oh man, the 420 episode from last season of Family Guy keeps coming to mind here.

Comment

Working...
                              X