Your Music!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Music!

I've noticed that there are a few people here who are musicians and I thought it might be fun to have a thread where we can all congregate share what we've got with the rest of the forum!

Here is a page with some of my demos. They're all instrumental versions for now, as I don't really have anywhere conducive to vocal recording (that'll change soon ).

I have been writing songs in one form or another since I was a kid. As long as I can remember, music has been the most important thing in my life and is the only thing I've ever wanted to do with it. After I've finally got some decent vocal demos down, I'm going to be hawking them to any label I can find that won't completely screw me. I'm actually kind of looking forward to it!

So; Who's next?

Your songs sound good man. Decent recordings too for demos, which is a rarity. Would be interesting to hear how the vocals turn out on those songs. Keep us updated, yeah?

Like yourself, i've been doing music since i was a kid.. Well, teenager really. Started out playing in bands (Which i still do) but i've had more interest in writing my own music more and more lately. Here's all of the stuff that i've done in recent years. There's plenty of other projects i've been involved in but most of them aren't worth mentioning...

My solo project - http://www.myspace.com/stylitesmusic
    My old hardcore/metal band, The Truth About Comets - http://www.myspace.com/thetruthaboutcomets
    Another old alternative rock band, Gaslamp Quarter - http://www.myspace.com/thegaslamp
    My weird fictional story/soundtrack/thing... - http://www.myspace.com/theyhavegonemissing
    My fake comedy metalcore/emo 'band' (Not to be taken seriously!) - http://www.myspace.com/snorlax12

Comment

i wouldnt really call snorlax12 a metal band it doesnt sound metal to me (but i guess thats my opinion)

i would post my band and such but to recent events i wont until things are going good and such with my drummer.

but i doubt anyone heres like the kind of music we play anyways this is the kind of music we play
      SUICIDE SILENCE - Unanswered (OFFICIAL VIDEO). Taken from the album "The Cleansing", Century Media 2007. NEW ALBUM 'The Black Crown' is OUT NOW! Purchase at ...

muahahahahah

Comment

Mmm... Here's some stuff I made, hope you like it:

http://www.myspace.com/beanovskydurst

Most of them are on spanish or instrumental...
        Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 07-31-2009, 04:06 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
          i wouldnt really call snorlax12 a metal band it doesnt sound metal to me (but i guess thats my opinion)

i would post my band and such but to recent events i wont until things are going good and such with my drummer.

but i doubt anyone heres like the kind of music we play anyways this is the kind of music we play
          SUICIDE SILENCE - Unanswered (OFFICIAL VIDEO). Taken from the album "The Cleansing", Century Media 2007. NEW ALBUM 'The Black Crown' is OUT NOW! Purchase at ...

muahahahahah
          I didn't call it metal either, i called it "metalcore" - Besides, it's a pisstake and not even a real band, just me and a friend making fun of generic and shitty emo/metal music

Comment

true you didnt

you dont like metal in general or just some metal bands?

Comment

Not my music but of my friend Tha Realest anybody waiting on Dr Dre's Detox it seems they've been working closely together :-) who would of though it lol after all the things real said about him whilst on Deathrow.

“Me and Doc, we rubbin’ a lot of ideas together right now,”
              “He over in Hawaii, tightenin’ up that Detox.
              Y’all ain’t heard the last of Doc, homie.
              His pen is still the hardest pen I’ve witnessed in a long time.
              The stuff that I’m hearing him do right now for that Detox is phenomenal.
              Believe me when I tell you man, when you hear that shit that they put out it’s gonna be some bomb, classic-ass shit.”
              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                “Me and Doc, we rubbin’ a lot of ideas together right now,”
                “He over in Hawaii, tightenin’ up that Detox.
                Y’all ain’t heard the last of Doc, homie.
                His pen is still the hardest pen I’ve witnessed in a long time.
                The stuff that I’m hearing him do right now for that Detox is phenomenal.
                Believe me when I tell you man, when you hear that shit that they put out it’s gonna be some bomb, classic-ass shit.”
                I wish i had the slightest clue what any of that meant :|

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                true you didnt

you dont like metal in general or just some metal bands?
                No, i like a lot of metal - But there's a lot of embarrasing bands around at the moment who are more about haircuts, tattoos and syncronised stage moves than good music, which is a shame. It's kind of making the whole thing a bit trivial.

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon Quinn View Post

No, i like a lot of metal - But there's a lot of embarrasing bands around at the moment who are more about haircuts, tattoos and syncronised stage moves than good music, which is a shame. It's kind of making the whole thing a bit trivial.

yha thats true. moves and looks i dont care about its the music that i like,when you make a good album and are about to go on tour THEN you can worry about your looks but they still wont matter to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Corson View Post
                    Here is a page with some of my demos. They're all instrumental versions for now, as I don't really have anywhere conducive to vocal recording (that'll change soon ).
                    I love Planet Earth and Left For Dead...

Curse of Baphomet rocks! It could be part of my perfect Doom soundtrack.

There's a lot of talent on THIA! Keep posting guys

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

I wish i had the slightest clue what any of that meant :|

I love the arrogance of delusional rock / metal fans don't let the hate consume you
                      Last edited by kevstah2004; 07-31-2009, 11:43 PM.
                      If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Wow everybody on here has their own style, I like it! Here's my contribution..

Maybe I'll dig up some of my old high school music I know it's buried in a box somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                          I love the arrogance of delusional rock / metal fans don't let the hate consume you
                          http://www.tsrocks.com/i/immortal_te...freestyle.html
                          No no, you're getting me wrong. I'm not a 'rock/metal fan' and i'm certainly not delusional or arrogant, but i am a lover of good music - Which includes hip hop when it is done well. Doseone, Clouddead, Dalek, Sole, Atmosphere, Saul Williams, Themselves, all great and credible artists.

It has to be interesting and have limited self referencing, though... I can't get used to some gangbanger telling us about how rich he is while rapping over a 5 second loop of a royalty free sample. Hip Hop and Rap has a broader palate than most people realise, from my experience at least - Which is why it makes me so annoyed that the people in the limelight are some of the most soulless and detestable 'artists' in the world.

Polyrhythmic rapping ftw!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Also, thanks for the comment zomBD
                          Last edited by Gideon Quinn; 08-01-2009, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Saul Williams,
                            thank you Mr.Reznor

I can't get used to some gangbanger telling us about how rich he is while rapping over a 5 second loop of a royalty free sample. Hip Hop and Rap has a broader palate than most people realise, from my experience at least - Which is why it makes me so annoyed that the people in the limelight are some of the most soulless and detestable 'artists' in the world.
                            i agree with this.

as for the hate consuming comment

i do let hate consume me cause all of our music comes from things we hate.

alot of bands have a postive message ultimately and have a peaceful unity message behind the song and which i can totally respect but i find the only true thing for us and the only true energy we've been able to draw upon is the negative and the hate and the anger
                            Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 08-01-2009, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zomBD View Post
                              I love Planet Earth and Left For Dead...
                              Thanks, man! I saw that you had left a comment on my page almost a month after the fact. The default seems to be that you only see what you post on those pages, but I have since set it so I can see whatever anyone says. Thank you very much for your comments! Left For Dead is one of my favorites I've done, and I'm really happy someone else likes it!

My favorite ones on your page were Cicatriz and Acido Instrumental. I really like the guitar sound on the latter.

Originally posted by Harry Mason View Post
                              Wow everybody on here has their own style, I like it! Here's my contribution..

Maybe I'll dig up some of my old high school music I know it's buried in a box somewhere
                              Man, you're bold! I'm way too self-conscious to show off the stuff I wrote when in High School. Well, that's not totally true. The aforementioned Planet Earth was written when I was in my teens, and I'm still happy with it...

I like your playing. I don't know if they're an influence or not, but the darkness of some of your stuff makes me think of Pink Floyd. Not so much writing as playing though. Nice!

It's great to see that there are so many people here who are so passionate about music.
                              Last edited by Dan Corson; 08-01-2009, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X