[QUESTION] Modifying RE2 [RE2 - PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUESTION] Modifying RE2 [RE2 - PC]

What I mean by this, is doing things like placing zombies wherever you want, making custom skins and zombie models, kinda like this:

C'est la mega f?te dans le commissariat de Racoon City

And to a further extent. How do I do this? Do I need to download certain tools? Or can I directly modify a file and place monsters wherever I want or make custom zombies that way?

Which version are you looking to do this for? PC? Please clarify (Ill edit the title)

Comment

Oh. Sorry about that.

Yes, the PC version. Platinum Edition.

Comment

All PC versions are the Platinum Edition Just to let you know.

Comment

You entirely sure about that? isn't it just the American release that's platinum?

http://www.crimson-ceremony.net/lost..._cpcbio21.html - Not sure but does that translate as Platinum under Biohazard 2?
          There's also the limited edition German release that comes with a load of stickers.
          Don't forget the Sourcenext and akella releases either.
          Last edited by kevstah2004; 08-03-2009, 10:41 AM.
          If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Helegad View Post
            All PC versions are the Platinum Edition Just to let you know.
            As far as the game files on the disc goes, most should be identical (with the exception of regional/linguistic differences + the SourceNext DVD release)

There are so many different PC releases of that thing. Different box variations, jewel cover only releases, budget versions, local version, Best Games service like versions, etc...

But, yeah, in general, the data on the them should "in general" but pretty much the same.

Comment

Yeah too many versions to mention.
              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                You entirely sure about that? isn't it just the American release that's platinum?

http://www.crimson-ceremony.net/lost..._cpcbio21.html - Not sure but does that translate as Platinum under Biohazard 2?
                There's also the limited edition German release that comes with a load of stickers.
                Don't forget the Sourcenext and akella releases either.
                No, I don't think so about the Japanese version. The Japanese at the bottom says "Biohazard 2". I haven't really tried reading the back yet, though. But I'm sure it would be on the cover.

And hey guys. Now that we have covered the many different releases of RE2 for the PC, how about the help on modifying it? Please?
                Last edited by WeskerIncarnate; 08-03-2009, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                  You entirely sure about that? isn't it just the American release that's platinum?Not sure but does that translate as Platinum under Biohazard 2?
                  Never mind the Platinum title. I have no idea why they added that to the title in USA, it's not "different", it's not a re-release (it's the original US release).

The text under Biohazard 2 translates as Baiohazãdo 2. There's no mention of Platinum or similar anywhere.
                  lostreleases // demopals

Comment

Heyyyyy guys...

Still waiting for my questions to be answered.

Comment

Will SOMEBODY answer my questions?

I really want to know how to do this. Google's not turning up anything useful so far.

Comment

And hey guys. Now that we have covered the many different releases of RE2 for the PC, how about the help on modifying it? Please?
                        I agree. Conversations about versions of games, etc. isn't a great way to kick-off a modding forum.

What I mean by this, is doing things like placing zombies wherever you want, making custom skins and zombie models, kinda like this:

C'est la mega f?te dans le commissariat de Racoon City

And to a further extent. How do I do this? Do I need to download certain tools? Or can I directly modify a file and place monsters wherever I want or make custom zombies that way?
                        I've been developing a tool for Resident Evil 2 that allows one to modify a RDT as they please, given that person has knowledge of hex modification (something similar was used to produce the youtube video). If you have knowledge of hex editing, you can download RDTool and some other useful tools at the link below:

RDTool simply extracts the files from an RDT and allows you to repack your modified files into a new RDT which can then be tested in-game. I must warn you, the version publically availible is bugged - not all rooms work with it. I am still continuing development, however, and a new release that's more compatible is pretty close.

Using 'MadExperiment' for PC versions, you can place enemies,items,doors, etc. wherever you please, using the option to view Leon/Claire's x,y,z,r coords.

At the link below, you'll find all the information you'll need to hack the SCD files that RDTool produces.

And if you want to follow the white rabbit a lil' further, the information below is pretty useful.
                        Last edited by MeganGrass; 08-08-2009, 01:56 PM.
                        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                          I agree. Conversations about versions of games, etc. isn't a great way to kick-off a modding forum.

I've been developing a tool for Resident Evil 2 that allows one to modify a RDT as they please, given that person has knowledge of hex modification (something similar was used to produce the youtube video). If you have knowledge of hex editing, you can download RDTool and some other useful tools at the link below:

RDTool simply extracts the files from an RDT and allows you to repack your modified files into a new RDT which can then be tested in-game. I must warn you, the version publically availible is bugged - not all rooms work with it. I am still continuing development, however, and a new release that's more compatible is pretty close.

Using 'MadExperiment' for PC versions, you can place enemies,items,doors, etc. wherever you please, using the option to view Leon/Claire's x,y,z,r coords.

At the link below, you'll find all the information you'll need to hack the SCD files that RDTool produces.

And if you want to follow the white rabbit a lil' further, the information below is pretty useful.
                          http://rewiki.regengedanken.de/wiki/UsermData
                          Thank you so much! I finally got something here.

And just for the record, I have absolutely no experience with hex editing. Could you give me a few pointers in doing so? Or is it hard enough that it requires weeks or even months worth of learning?

Comment

Working...
                          X