Resident Evil 5: PS3 Exclusive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5: PS3 Exclusive?

This new rumor has been spawned by comments of a 1UP staffer in their podcast. At 55 minutes the following takes place:
    1up staffer #1:After wagering the Microsoft and THQ have done a deal for Smackdown vs Raw 2007 next-gen exclusivity, which actually makes a bit of sense) "Right now a lot of the games you think are multi-platform next-gen games coming out on both PS3, 360 and Wii are going to end up on only one console... this fall. Get ready."

1up staffer #2: "So... well... what do you know?"

1up staffer #1: "I don't know a lot and I don't know if its going to be announced and this is just pure speculation from me based on intelligence I've gathered... (background giggles)... TGS... Resident Evil 5 PS3 exclusive."

1up staffer #3: "Yeah, I can see that."
    Hmmm...
    So at this point its just a rumor, but if true I know Ill be selling my XBOX360 for sure as this and Dead Rising were the only reasons I bought it. If it holds true, I really cant see much point in keeping it just for Dead Rising.

Credit for this goes to Jesus2006 at the Beyond3D forums.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-01-2006, 08:51 PM.

Interesting, TGS is without a doubt going to be interesting this year. I wonder what else will be going PS3 exclusive. This can't be good news for the 360 though, makes me wonder about the console, 2 games were cancelled for it this week, Scarface and Sopranos, both of which are going to either the PS2 or PSP.

Comment

Its a rumor at this point, a throw-away comment from a sony fan/1 Up Staffer apparently. So take it with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab
        This can't be good news for the 360 though
        if it is true, be prepared to start calling the 360 "Dreamcast 2"

once they cancel one game that was supposed to be on the 360, they may start to cancel other games out of fear that the console is dying. the same thing happened to lavern and shirley.
        Last edited by krieg747; 08-01-2006, 09:02 PM.

Comment

I bet it would get ported back afterwards with some bs extra cutscenes or something.
          If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

If it gets canned, this dude is going to be might pissed

Comment

Well Resident 5 was always multi platform and I knew i'd be getting a PS3 for MGS4 so I never bothered with the 360. Dead Rising is tempting me into getting one but right now I simply don't have the cash to drop to get the system for that one game

Comment

Well this would give me another concrete reason to get the PS3.
                sigpic

Comment

It wouldnt be enough for me to justify 700 dollars after tax plus the near manditory Warranty nowadays, plus Resident Evil 5 for a PS3. Its just not worth it, even with RE5. With capcom, exclusives never last

Comment

Well aint this a bitch! I was only looking forward to RE5 and Dead Rising on the 360 and I heard rumors of MGS4 coming out on the 360 too (cant say where I heard this from) so this is looking pretty grim to me. Im gonna give it time, much time. 2007 is going to be a fun year.

Comment

see though, I dont know why Capcom would do it, unless Sony offered them THAT much money. Nowadays, it just doesnt make sense to release on one platform to a limited audience, especially with the systems are similar in power.

Comment

It wouldnt surprise me in the least if this was true, but i will be really pissed if it is. Im not buying a PS3, not for anything. You can throw all the exclusives you want at me, im not buying your console!

Comment

I'm pretty sure Capcom have stated in the past they want RE multi-platform to make it accessible to everyone. Plus, I wouldn't sell my Xbox 360 for a PS3 and Resident Evil 5, mainly cos there's alot of great titles coming out for the 360 (RE or not) in the near future.

I'm not believing this at the moment. If TGS passes and it's not announced, I'll remain the same. =P

Comment

if it is true, be prepared to start calling the 360 "Dreamcast 2"
                            I personally predicted that would happen before the 360 even hit the market. It was waaay to early to release that console, and Micro$oft knows that, i'm sure.

I don't care how much the PS3 costs, I could bet anything I own that if BioHazard 5 is a PS3 exclusive, any and all thoughts of me getting a 360 anytime soon (within the next year or so) has gone right out the window. I'm not about to start playing "Monopoly" just because Micro$oft entered the Game Console scene a few years back. Three brand new next-gen video game consoles is nothing short of ridiculous, and with the price of each rising dramatically with every next-gen console released simply because there are so many on the market now, I feel alienated.

My money however on this subject goes to $ony and Nintendo.
                            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I wouldn't put this past Capcom; but all things considered, this is nonesensical at best. RE is a proven IP, but not the way it was in the 90's so two versions would ensure a lot of exposure (which is crucial with the next gen consoles due to the escalating development costs).

There is ONE positive aspect. I makes life easier for the team since they can concentrate on one version (particularly with the differences between the PS3 and 360 hardwares). But at this stage, it's more than safe to say that they've built a proprietery cross platform engine.

I plan on getting both consoles anyway, so it doesn't really affect me much.

Comment

Working...
                              X