Darkside Chronicles Comic-Con Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkside Chronicles Comic-Con Interview

G4TV have put up a video interview with Darkside Chronicles producer Masachika Kawata. He teases a new stage and praises the wii's under looked graphical capabilities. Watch the interview at the link below.

"I think it's perfectly possible to create great horror presentation on the Wii. In fact, unfortunately, we're not able to show it off just yet, but very shortly we're hoping to show off a stage from a new scenario and I think when fans get a look at that they will really be asking themselves, is this really on the Wii? "
    Kawata Comic-Con Interview

I wish they would stop bragging about how the game will probably be the best looking Wii game graphically. The game looks great, there is no doubt about that, but it is very annoying when they brag. It is the same kind of bragging they did when RE4 was released.
    My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
    ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
      I wish they would stop bragging about how the game will probably be the best looking Wii game graphically. The game looks great, there is no doubt about that, but it is very annoying when they brag. It is the same kind of bragging they did when RE4 was released.
      Seriously...bragging about having the most awesome graphics on a slightly-souped-up Gamecube (in the NEXT generation of consoles) is ridiculous.

Besides, from what I've seen of this game...it doesn't look that great. The cut scenes look good, but the in game animation looks average at best.

Comment

They are pussing the graphic with the new scenario, what about pussing the wii graphics with a proper RE game, Mr.Kawata?. Anyway the game is in my top 3 of this year, hardly can't wait.

Comment

How are they bragging exactly? If people ask questions about the game, they're going to answer them,. It's not bragging.

Comment

Is the Wii really just using the Gamecube system might I ask? I always wondered this since it operates exactly like a Gamecube. You have gamecube memory card slots cos the wii won't make a virtual memory card when playing GC game. You have gamecube controller slots. I also thought it was strange how cheating devices like Action Replay worked perfectly with GC games on the wii before the update that nintendo sent out. It's like the Wii was a nice casting for a gamecube!
            Last edited by djepic112; 08-09-2009, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
              Seriously...bragging about having the most awesome graphics on a slightly-souped-up Gamecube (in the NEXT generation of consoles) is ridiculous.
              ....what is he supposed to say, that the graphics are okay but not awesome? He's going to brag about it to hype it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
                When you notice that most Wii games look even worse than PS2 games... then no, it's not. Sure, Wii is nowhere near X0, PS3 or PC when it comes to graphics, but it's still a powerful SD console and there are very little games that really use it. Just look at Mario Galaxy - the game still looks wonderful even when you run it in HD on Wii emulator.
                Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 08-09-2009, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Now, I know that Kawata-san is obviously not going to have "negative" things to say about his own game, it just seems as if he is constantly pushing the graphics aspect of the game. Which I guess is valid, considering that there's not much gameplay-wise that can be revolutionary about an on-rails shooter.

But, this being an on-rails shooter, means that graphics should be great looking. I mean, the maps aren't exactly huge 3-D environments allowing massive exploration. There's not much activity besides enemies onscreen. So, why all the hullabaloo about the graphics in this game? It's an on-rails shooter for christ sake. The onscreen character models should be fancy, since they're all that is really moving amongst the mostly static backgrounds. Toss in some lighting/environment effects and wow, game is complete. And these are horror genre games, which include mostly dark backgrounds or take place at night. So that takes care of a lot of details.

Anyway, this is all just my opinion. I've watched videos of some of the CV sections, and those are some lackluster environments. Steve and Claire run around outside and the buildings are placed against a dull black sky. Even the building interiors look pretty generic. If you take off the RE-fan-blinders, and look at the pure aesthetic of the game, it is unimpressive. If you are instead comparing these updated visuals to your memory of the games they're based on, then maybe REDC looks fan-freaking-tastic.

Also, has anyone else noticed the "liberties" being taken with REDC compared to the source material? I saw one video where Leon and Claire find Kendo being devoured by zombies, without any interaction with him whatsoever.

I seem to recall many people bashing REUC for its "cutting of corners," yet the excitement for this title (REDC) remains off the Richter scale.

And Mr Zombie, I am not a stickler for graphics (or the less PC term, graphics whore). I do know that the Wii isn't a graphics-intensive machine, and I agree with you that Mario Galaxy is a pretty game. It is also a fun game, with hugely interactive 3-D environments. It utilizes all of the Wii's processing powers, successfully. But I doubt that - all things considered - REDC will be anything like Galaxy, in terms of graphics, replay value, fun factor, creativity.

*I also firmly believe that Dead Space Extraction will be a much better on-rails experience than REDC.
                  Last edited by Jill's Boob; 08-09-2009, 05:24 PM.

Comment

I really can't wait to see some of the new scenarios. Maybe the rumored South America scenario with Leon and Krauser? Or, you know, it would be nice to see Chris and Wesker(if they are in the game, of course, which they absolutely should be) finally.

Comment

Perhaps that is what Kawata-san is speaking of - the Leon/Krauser South America levels. Jungles always provide ample opportunity to showcase graphical details...

/thinks of amazing jungle backdrops in Uncharted

//really hopes for Chris CV level and especially for Chris/Wesker fistfight in updated graphical splendor

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                        How are they bragging exactly? If people ask questions about the game, they're going to answer them,. It's not bragging.
                        THIS.

And I remember that Capcom also "bragged" about the graphics of every RE game since Code: Veronica came out ("stretches the incredible power of the Sega Dreamcast!"--Press Release 2001).

But I'm not complaining since they ARE in the business of SELLING games.

It's PR stuff... big deal.
                        Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
                        sigpic

Comment

It's good to here that they are going to show off a new level. After 5, a part of me wants then not show anymore and keep it a surprise and the other part wants to know everything about this game.

Comment

Working...
                          X