What really pisses me off in movies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What really pisses me off in movies.

I just watched Quarantine. Shit-scary movie, but I just wanted to get into my screen and demonstrate how it's done at some points.

See, all these people have encountered countless rabies victims, yet the little girl is somehow an exception when it comes to dealing with them. She's hiding in a closet, red eyes, blood all over her, insane look on her face, and the cop is still all "oh come here, we won't hurt you, look I'll hold out my hand so you can grab me and rip the shit out of my neck with your teeth".

God, you see it in so many movies. The IQ of these people have to be less than 80. The firefighter had a hammer; if I was there, I woulda grabbed it and caved in the little bitch's head. No matter she's a child, she was no different to any of the other victims now.

Dammit, this "thing" annoys me most in the movies out of everything.

Typical Hollywood melodrama BS take D9 for instance
    Spoiler:
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

That was at least slightly more logical than what happened in Quarantine. Wikus was panicked by what was happening.

What that cop did was just plain stupid, panicked or not.

Comment

Quarrantine is a remake of [REC], a Spanish film that was released approx 8 months before the typical soulless Hollywood remake. And guess what? It's virtually identical. Either the makers of Quarrantine realised how good a movie [REC] was and chose not to fuck with it too much, or they juat assumed that people were too lazy to read subtitles and decided to do a shot for shot remake.

But yes, the same thing happens in [REC] involving the little child - So we can rule out the accusation of it being a Hollywood staple. I think the whole point of that scene was to build tension and to make us shout "No you stupid idiot! Don't do that!" - There's a scene like that in every horror film and having dumb people in horror films certainly helps mount the tension.

Comment

Yeah, I heard about Rec. I'm tracking it down

Comment

REC is available to rent at my local library, oddly enough.

This one of those cases where something feels scripted for a certain outcome, or as my wife puts it 'Because it's in the script'. As they go this one doesn't feel too bad...it's actually believable that the guy wouldn't want to hurt even an infected child, since at that point in the movie they still think it's people they're dealing with, even if they're infected with a disease. Since a cop would want to help someone, most likely, and you don't just bash a sick kids head in...

It's not as bad as Diary of the Dead, though, where the guy constantly watches his friends get attacked and just records it. Either they'd kill him or he'd help. Meh.

Comment

Yeah, Diary of the Dead has a strangely annoying as fuck protagonist. "I HAVE TO TAPE THIS!!"

Quarantine had a lot of problems. How about that woman who was watching snow and foaming? Oh she's normal.

Comment

I hate environmental movies, or any kind of movie that says, "Hey, save the world by killing yourself, humans fucking suck." It's too overdone. Not many movies with a message like seem to want to GET the message through our brains, just make us feel severely guilty and self-hating. To which, I don't.

Comment

Lol, just watch the 4th iteration of Invasion of the Body Snatchers starring Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig. They present a message and then they just skirt it. It makes you feel better than them rather than guilty, leaving aside the rest of the damn movie.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                    Quarantine had a lot of problems. How about that woman who was watching snow and foaming? Oh she's normal.
                    That's another one.

Comment

cliche serial killer victims who can't stand up after tripping whilst being chased by the serial killer.Whilst when the serial killer trips,he brushes it off and continues the chase.

Comment

Usually serial killer victims get shot.

Comment

unless its a deranged,backwoods,hillbilly bitch waiting to go all Deliverence on your ass.

Comment

What really pisses me off in movies? Action films...nothing more than a goddamn 2 hour explosion w/ bullet dodging and cheap one liners these days...Hollywood is too high on crack, e, crystal meth, and coke to have any clue how to make a decent movie anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Blacktail View Post
                              cliche serial killer victims who can't stand up after tripping whilst being chased by the serial killer.Whilst when the serial killer trips,he brushes it off and continues the chase.
                              Remember, anytime a woman like myself trips, we completely shatter our legs/ankles. =D And when we're trying to hide while being chased, we completely give ourselves away by over the top, fake screaming!

Yeah that cliche is just awful. e_e

Or how about the one in teeny bopper/rom-com movies, where the lead female is supposed to be, "odd, quirky, and not pretty", yet is just as artifical as the 'villian girl'. Not quirky or odd at all either. I think "She's All That" is one of the worst offenders. "OMG, SHE HAZ GLASSES AND IS AN ARTIST, OH NOOOOOES." And amazingly, all it takes to be "pretty", is to remove glasses and to let down your hair. =o Well screw that, I love my glasses. xD

Comment

Working...
                              X