Favorite S.D. Perry books in order.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite S.D. Perry books in order.

I just finished reading the last of the S.D. Perry books. I know this thread has been done before but I didnt read all the books then. Now I have and if anyone wants to discuss them post here. I'll list them in order of my favorites first just the get things moving.

7. Code Veronica
    6. Zero
    5. Underworld
    4. Calbian Cove
    3. Resident Evil 2
    2. Nemesis
    1. Resident Evil

POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW IF YOU HAVENT READ THE BOOKS YET.

Spoiler:

I never really liked the books. I don't like SD Perry as an author, her writing style is pretty poor. Hated the cliched Trent character. Didn't like how she handled the main characters either, especially all the internal monologues and everyone seemingly secretly fancying each other.

The Umbrella Conspiracy is probably the best one, then Nemesis.

In defence of Perry though, the mythology was a lot less established when she was writing these books so she can be forgiven in some regards.

I wish the RE series would get recommissioned again by a good author. Start from zero and work from there. Hell, even have a completely original novel centring on Marcus, Spencer and George Trevor.
    "I've got 100 cows."
    "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Yeah well clearliy she is no Shakesphere, I was looking on her Wikipedia she has only managed several books. So she isnt an established writer. I belive it was her dad he was. However I still think she managed to write some enjoyable books. I don't read alot but I'd say I read about as much as the average male. I totally agree about the Trent character he really wasn't needed. I'd appreciate any more book's about Resident evil.

Comment

Yeah her dad got her into it. Steve Perry wrote the first Aliens and AVP novels based off the comics. SD Perry has wriiten a few Aliens novels and a few Star Trek i believe.

But RE has a rich enough universe now to be crying out for novelisation. I'm surprised no one has picked it up. U got the Marcus conpiracy, Trevor, Wesker Reports, plenty of source material for backstory, then you have the games themselves. Definitely lots of potential there.
        Even RE Survivor could make a cracking novel with its amnesia plot, child experimentation angle and the whole Tyrant programme compatability thing.
        "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

1. City of the Dead (RE2)
          2. The Umbrella Conspiracy (RE1)
          3. Underworld
          4. Nemesis (RE3)
          5. Caliban Cove
          6. Zero Hour (RE0)
          7. Code: Veronica

I liked all of her books a lot, I just had to choose which ones I liked best. XD

Comment

Zero and CV were flat out terrible imo.

Comment

1. The Umbrella Conspiracy
              2. City of the Dead
              3. Nemesis
              4. Underworld
              5. Caliban Cove
              6. Code: Veronica
              7. Zero Hour

I like the first few, I like CV because it's terrible enough to find somewhat funny.
              sigpic
              Non-blurry Signature Version
              Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post

I like the first few, I like CV because it's terrible enough to find somewhat funny.

thats true.

Comment

Never read any of the books as I'm not a fan of reading fiction, plus I'm lazy but would like to get some of these books for collection reasons and to maybe read.

Comment

1. Code: Veronica
                    2. Nemesis
                    3. City Of The Dead
                    4. The Umbrella Conspiracy
                    5. Underworld
                    6. Zero
                    7. Caliban Cove

Comment

Originally posted by Enetirnel View Post
                      2. City of the Dead
                      3. Nemesis
                      4. Underworld
                      5. Caliban Cove
                      6. Code: Veronica
                      7. Zero Hour

"Because I have a hard on like you wouldn't BELIEVE."
                      *Facepalm*

Comment

I only own The Umbrella Conspiracy and Nemesis and I think Nemesis is the better of the two.

The one thing that majorly bugged me with TUC was how we were given two or three short extracts from Weskers point of view: one before they went to look for Bravo Team and I think two in the Mansion. And when they reach the Mansion, he suddenly knows whats going on and it's all going to plan and blah blah....so is Perry's version of Wesker some sort of schizophrenic....because it just doesn't make sense and really bugs me.

Comment

Thats a good point actually. When he's in the RPD Perry has him thinking to himself about how he will get the bravos back safe and sound then all of a sudden he changes.
                          "I've got 100 cows."

Comment

I only read Nemesis and Caliban Cove, of which Nemesis I enjoyed much, much more.

Comment

2. Nemesis
                              3. City of the Dead
                              4. Code Veronica

As far as the rest...meh. Umbrella Conspiracy is one of my favorite books ever, probably because it's based on my favorite game and Perry did a great job of going behind the scenes with the news reports and RPD conversations. I'll never forget the simple scenes like Barry and Joseph making jokes about Chief Irons, Wesker being a dick, etc. Also, Nemesis is amazing...the scenes detailing the mercenaries battle against the zombies was great.
                              Last edited by REmaster; 08-19-2009, 08:06 PM.
                              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Working...
                              X