Dino Crisis 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dino Crisis 4?

Do you think Capcom will finally release a Dino Crisis 4? This time fixing all the problems with the camera and what not.

There were strong rumors from the usual suspects circa E3 2004 that they were developing it on the PS2, but it never materialized. I'd like to say that they'll give it another go, but I don't see it happening. Even the most crtically acclaimed game in the series (DC2) didn't even sell that well worldwide, and we all know how DC3 ended up.

It's too bad, because DC2 was a precursor in some elements to Capcom's best sellers this generation, including Onimusha and DMC. The reward/weapon upgrade system to be exact.

Comment

I think the reward/weapon upgrade system added a lot of fun into the game. DC2 was fun to play but i think the first one was more scary. The first one had this dark atmosphere rather then the second taking place during the day time. I mean yeah the whole dinos after you was scary but when a game takes place at night i think it sets the mood.

Comment

There was also the fact throughout the entire first game, you never really had more than a clip of ammo to carry around with you.

Comment

Dino Crisis 2 was great, I remember Ice and I started playing it when he came over for the week. We managed to get to the last area but his mother pulled him away as it was time to go back to NY..ah good times

Comment

I'll probably buy DC3 whenever I buy and XBOX360. I just love any game with fixed cameras.

Comment

i'd love to see that happen. i miss regina so much =(

Comment

they should just re-do something like DC1, that game kicks major ass and with some nice next-gen magic, it could be one hell of an experience.

Or evt. they should spend the next-gen magic on making things large scale like a certain disaster game!
                (Yes, that's you SOS - Final Escape/Disaster Report/Zettai Zetsumei Toshi that I'm looking at)

Comment

The only reason y i didnt like DC3 was the game was very confusing and frustrating. The camera system deff needs some work in that game

Comment

I would love to see another Dino Crisis game, with or without the crappy camera angles. I don't know if Capcom will ever do a real sequel to the second game, but I thought Dino Crisis was suppost to be one of their biggest franchises. I guess I was wrong.

Anyway, I did read some rumours about a fourth game not too long ago after I performed a random search on Google. Although people can lie, I have reason to believe that we will hear some news about it during 2008 or shortly afterwards.

I'm currently trying to complete Dino Crisis 3 for the first time on my Xbox. The game is fairly entertaining, but it is not the best game ever made. Those squirmy Rigel can be a nuisance if I'm not near a shop (save point) but I find the whole space concept a little zany, actually.

I'm trying to build a site about the series, as a personal challenge. Since I am universally hated, it would not be a good idea to link to the site from here. But I can promise to keep you updated on the progress.

Comment

Has any new information been announced? I haven't heard anything about a 4th being made, but I sure liked it if Regina would return or even if they remade DC1 like RER and made it alittle longer... That'd satisfy me

Comment

I don't think so..After the disaster that was 3 I'm not sure how they could approach it. I'd still like to see one that was more in the vein of 1 or 2 on the spiffy Framework Engine though.

Comment

3 sucked because they tried to take horror to space. Haven't the developers seen Jason X? I guess they tried to make it like Aliens, except failed... Horribly.

Comment

DMC2 was a disaster Dot, and they fixed that rather nicely. But DC was never a big money maker, so the franchise is pretty much dead.

Comment

DMC franchise was still "fresh" when DMC2 came out and got somewhat slammed, still a chance to "recover" from that.

Dino Crisis was on its 4th title when it got removed from the cash cow-barn for producing nothing but sour milk.

Namco did bring back Regina with their game Namco X Capcom, though.
                              So I guess she's not completely forgotten. Ask some Capcom representative and you'll probably receive the amazing template answer; "We're always looking into it and considering the possibilities of making another Dino Crisis, but right now we have nothing to announce"

Comment

Working...
                              X