Found this Gem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this Gem

"A girl was forced to strip naked and beaten with stiletto heels - compared the chilling scene to adult video game Resident Evil."

TIFFANY Watson has shown off her svelte figure while soaking up the sun in Marbella. The former Made In Chelsea star, 24, has jetted out to the Spanish resort for a break and wasted no time in topp…

Man I totally remember that part where you had to pick up the stilletos and rape that chick. It was one of the most memorable RE moments.
    Last edited by LeechCharmer; 09-03-2009, 04:20 AM.

Well, although it's not well worded, I think the article is comparing it more to the horror element of the game...the fact they beat the girl so badly there was blood all over one wall, for example. Which, in fairness, I think is a pretty fair comparison.

If they're trying to compare it to the Alison scene in RE5 then this is fail, but they don't seem to be blaming the game or any of the usual shit, so I think they're just saying that the attack was so horrific it was like something out of RE. Hell, they've got the whacked out Chris boxart from RE1 there rather than an Alison image, so...

Comment

The kid could have said that it was like that one Halloween movie, or Hostel or something. Resident Evil appears to be neither a priority of these journalists nor a scapegoat.

Comment

Isn't that more like GTA? I thought they had a feature you beat up prostitutes (most of which are really sex slaves irl btw, they don't get to quit when they want to)

I think RE treats women pretty well overall.
        Last edited by The_15th; 09-03-2009, 02:19 PM.

Comment

A child compared it to a video game and once again without any research the media has managed to twist the story. Instead of focusing on the horrible acts upon this young girl they choose to pick out the reference to a game because they know that it sells. Just like all the other video game stories, i don't doubt that another similar case occur's and it snowballs into another un-educated boycott by the media, influencing the ignorant. I hate this tabloid shit.
          /rant

Comment

Remember that time when the kid who beat this other kid was blamed on Manhunt?

Oh yeah, it was the victim that played Manhunt, not the attacker. They forgot to mention that little bit. Ugh, stuff like that just pisses me off.

And let's not forget the "lesbian sex scene" in Mass Effect. At least the dumb broad came out and said sorry for lying.

Thank God Jack Thompson was debarred (or was it barred?) from protesting against video games... makes my life that much happier.

Comment

Again, folks, no one in this article is saying that Resident Evil caused this. The comparison is purely because there was blood all over everything and I think we can all agree that it does happen in Resident Evil. Yes, whoever it was who made the comparison (the article makes it sound like either the girl or the dickhead recording the attack) could have said another game, and another game might have been more suitable (I have no idea if we regularly see walls splattered in blood in GTA or something) but they apparently knew RE better. But no one's blaming the game this time. It's just a comparison.

Comment

See, and there you have the classic journalism dilemma of profits vs clean reporting. That wouldn't typically make it past a good editor (one that is in it for actually reporting), but by just throwing in one little comment, its amazing how far a story can reach ;)

Comment

Nobody remembers the heel advert for re1?
                  If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X