PDA

View Full Version : What are you listening to now/your music taste?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Wesker
06-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Well I'm bringing back this acient thread from the depths of THIAs evil dungeons. Post the music you're listening to now for those unfamiliar with the concept.

Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict a Riot

Ice[DDZ]
06-19-2005, 02:19 AM
Symphony X - Rediscovery (Part II) - The New Mythology

Oddly enough... Heh. I'm going back through Symphony X's stuff cause I'm in a metal mood with GOOD singing.

Nikovich
06-19-2005, 05:54 PM
I still remember when I sent you smoke and mirrors. I haven't listened to Symphony X in a long time but I'm going to a concert with them at it soon.

Helloween - Eagle Fly Free

K5Blazer
06-22-2005, 09:12 PM
FF7OST-Bombing misson :)

Dot50Cal
06-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Resident Evil 2 OST - Raccoon City :o

Ice[DDZ]
06-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Dot50Cal
Resident Evil 2 OST - Raccoon City :o
Loser :rolleyes:

Dot50Cal
06-26-2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Ice[DDZ]
Loser :rolleyes:
Teh JEALOUSY!!!!1 :o

Nikovich
07-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Manowar - Kill with Power

BioHazardBlade
07-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Rammstein - Wolt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen

translation: "Would you like to see this bed in flames?"

God I love demented German death metal.

Nikovich
07-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Hah, I've never heard anyone call Rammstein death metal before. I know Germans love their techno, but that's definitely not the hardest stuff coming from there. Even so, it would still be more of a fusion style. They always have this techno mixed in and they donít have the screaming vocals.

BioHazardBlade
07-19-2005, 07:40 AM
that's what I've always heard it called, and I've never heard anything harder coming from "ze Germans" so I just smiled and nodded. They're probably classified as Industrial / Techno Metal, like my old favorites KMFDM, Laibach, Ministry, and who could forget good ol' Nine Inch Nails.

Nikovich
07-19-2005, 08:25 AM
LAIBACH! (http://www.rathergood.com/laibach/)

Grace Saunders
07-22-2005, 07:53 PM
"All of My Heart" - ABC

K5Blazer
07-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Lit-my own worst enemy

BioHazardBlade
07-24-2005, 11:58 PM
rofl nice fascist kittens Niko :D

Nikovich
07-25-2005, 04:14 AM
Yeppo. Oh, by the way, I have something that might be considered German Death metal. Though a lot of their songs sound like hard german drinking rock, some of their songs are actually quite death metalish. They're called Ultima Thule and apparently, they're a neo-nazi music group but that's... okay. A few of their songs are in english though most are german. Some of their awesomer songs include Vandraren and Song of Wolfs. (Yes, 'wolfs,' not wolves.)

BioHazardBlade
07-25-2005, 06:16 PM
sweet. I shall go relentlessly pirate their neo-nazi music and listen to it at high volumes in my "ride" whilst I am "player hating"

Dot50Cal
07-25-2005, 06:44 PM
RE3 soundtrack..But its the same as the BH one :o

Grace Saunders
08-02-2005, 02:26 AM
"New Song" - Howard Jones

Nikovich
08-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Vomitron - Contra medley

Kick...................... Ass. Exactly like the one I was writing, the fuckers.

Grace Saunders
08-07-2005, 04:46 AM
"Speak Like A Child" - The Style Council

BioHazardBlade
08-07-2005, 11:20 AM
GWAR - Ham On The Bone

lol I love GWAR :D

BioHazardBlade
08-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Avenged Sevenfold - Beast And The Harlot

... hey Niko, you might like these guys.

Nikovich
08-09-2005, 02:19 AM
I would, but I'm not a phony goth who shops at hot topic and buys into the theme!

That means no, I don't.
But I do like the song Chapter 4.

BioHazardBlade
08-09-2005, 09:33 AM
OUCH! Careful there.

I'm not a phony anything, and if you could even still classify me as "goth" (due to always working now, I never have time to wear my trench or any of my metal band t-shirts), I'm definitely old-school and definitely real.

I'm understanding what you mean by fakeass mallrat goths that think because they wear those huge pants with all the straps and rings and shit hanging off them that they're magically "hardcore" or "goth". And yeah, I've been to hot topic a few times, they have a good selection of cool t-shirts. Case and point, I got 3 out of 5 of my RE t's there.

Anyways, I figured since you appreciated a lot of the old school metal I'm into, you'd like A7X. I'm going to go be a poser and listen to KMFDM and Laibach on my way to work.

Nikovich
08-09-2005, 03:40 PM
But AX7 ISN'T oldschool metal. It's the hardcore/scremo whiney "go shop at hot topic" false metal. My friends played a show at this coffee house where they were the ONLY good band there, where everyone else came in trying to be hatebreed and AX7 and they didn't get an OUNCE of respect because they didn't growl half the words and whine the other half. Also, they didn't have the word "broken" in their bandname and every song wasn't tuned to open C without moving off the first three frets of the E string.

Dot50Cal
08-09-2005, 06:24 PM
My bands better than your band because they are HARDCORE!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111 11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Life is short guys, Why argue about bands? :rolleyes:

BioHazardBlade
08-09-2005, 10:58 PM
I'm not arguing about bands. Niko doesn't like any kind of new music, and I do. We're just making flavourful conversation.

I definitely hear where you're coming from on bands not getting any respect for not being "hardcore" because we have the same problem. My band is emo/punk/screamo, we never did hardcore right in the first place so we've taken that edge off our style. And I never cared for hatebreed. But dude, I pirated the new A7X cd and there are some WICKED guitar riffs on some of the songs and I really like about 3 of them. I don't like their singer, but I love some of their instumental stuff and some of their breakdowns. I'm using Adobe Audition right now to take the vocal track out of "Strength of the World" beacuse that song kicks ass but the vocals get annoying. But anyways, I don't know why I'm telling you this, I'm 'a go shut up and hook up my new 500 watt 5-channel Pioneer surround sound. I have way too many speakers. Eighteen speakers. God I love me.

Nikovich
08-10-2005, 02:20 AM
I don't know what you do that limits your expectency Dot, but life is LOOONG. If we have enough time to post on a forum in the first place, what else are we going to discuss?

That's the main reason I like Chapter 4, the guitar riff sounds very much like one from a good video game song, but the rest of it just doesn't make up for the genre. And I do like certain kinds of new music, just not the kind that suck.

Alexia_Ashford
09-04-2009, 06:04 PM
After talking to Gradon loads about music and songs I'm listening to, I thought I'd make a topic about it. My music taste in general is trance, but I can easily listen to most types of music and like it. At the minute I've listened to;

Enter Shikari -Anything can happen in the next half hour
Bananarama - Venus
Ayla - Ayla (Kevin and Perry Go Large OST)
Safri Duo - Played A Live
Lost Brothers - Cry Little Sister.

nemesiswontdie
09-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Im into mostly into Metal and Industrial

in the past hour ive listened to

1.Great Big White World-MM
2.Rock Is Dead-MM
3.Head Like A Hole-NIN
4.Count To Six and Die/Hate Anthem-MM (live)

Stu
09-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Really digging the new Enter Shikari album, there's some complete belters on there.

Deftones, Rage Against The Machine and Funeral For A Friend are my favourite bands of all time. My life would be so very different if it weren't for Funeral, i've no problems admitting that.

Whilst guitar based stuff (nothing in particular in that bracket, i have a lot of indie, punk (and it's variants) and metal on my iPod) is my biggest love, since i moved away my tastes have had to diversify a little bit so i'm listening to a lot of Lethal Bizzle, Tieso and Deadmau5 amongst other things.

Vector
09-04-2009, 06:22 PM
I have that fucking Three Doors Down song that's on all the Geico commercials stuck in my head.

"PLEASE
WOULD YOU ONE TIME
LET ME BE MYSELF, SO I CAN SHINE
IN MY OWN LIGHT
LET ME BE MYSELF
FOR A WHILE"

:(

But, as usual, I'm listening to Bullet For My Valentine, Linkin Park, Thrice and Paramore.

Stu
09-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Fantastic Bullet For My Valentine video here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFzqCta9AXQ&feature=PlayList&p=951213F5C70D32FA&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=45

jagger916
09-04-2009, 06:30 PM
The Rolling Stones
The Who
Queen
Aerosmith
The Beatles
The Animals
Lenard Skynard
Led Zeppelin

Inferno04
09-04-2009, 07:13 PM
As of recently, I can't stop listening to Poets of the Fall's "Carnival of Rust"

Enetirnel
09-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Existance.//ZIP A remix of Compression of Time and The Extreme, the remix is off Dwelling of the Duels - of the songs mentioned from the Final Fantasy VIII soundtrack. I really like it, and it suits with my playing of Dissidia now.

Swagger
09-04-2009, 07:50 PM
I am into Hiphop/Rap/RnB

Gideon Quinn
09-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Without wanting to sound like i'm blowing my own trumpet, i seem to have the most diverse/eclectic music taste out of the people i know. I can listen to anything from Morbid Angel and Napalm Death through to Aphex Twin, Faith no More, Athlete and Dalek. I grew up listening to rock and metal and my favourite bands were Deftones, Tool, Smashing Pumpkins, Incubus, NIN etc, but nowdays i just listen to anything that sounds good. Music is entirely relative to the listener, so there is no true good or bad and as long as an artist performs their music with passion then i really can't discredit them. The only kind of artists (If you can call them that) i have a real disdain for are the ones who write music for the lucrative 'ringtone royalties' market, churning out bad crunk single after bad crunk single as more of a business and industry venture than a work of art. The sad thing for me is that the mainstream music charts seems to be all but entirely dominated by these "artists".

Anyway, here's my most listened to albums lately...

Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
Stomacher - Sentimental Education
Thrice - Beggars
Why? - Alopecia
Solar Fields - Movements
Blackfield - II

kevstah2004
09-04-2009, 08:41 PM
Tha Realest - Punished (Feat. Terror Twinz / Twin INC) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyax8N6XUzY)

GuardhouseMusic
09-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Most of it is from the 80s and 60s. Post-punk, dream pop, shoegaze, psychedelic, pop, etc. Every other style or another that I listen to I don't care to keep track of. For one thing I love female vocalists, so much so that the tunes sometimes get a little sugary.

Lately I haven't been listening to a lot of music though. Some video game BGM here and there.

Town of Green
09-05-2009, 03:28 AM
Right now...Voltaire. Feathery Wings to be exact. Lately, it's been Voltaire, A Perfect Circle, and The Seatbelts (You should know them as those guys who did the music for Cowboy Bebop).

GuardhouseMusic
09-05-2009, 07:46 AM
Yoko Kanno composes such a variety of music, it's great. Blues or jazz influenced stuff doesn't come as easy to me because I only like to a smattering of each genre. Nonetheless Kanno composes great tracks for Maaya Sakamoto to sing.

aris13
09-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Nirvana
Sex Pistols
Pearl Jam
Metallica
David Bowie
The Clash
Talking Heads
Michael Jackson

BadWolfX
09-05-2009, 10:45 AM
I like to think my taste in music is somewhat varied. Rock, Pop, J-Rock, J-Pop, Soundtrack Stuff (Video games, Musicals, TV Shows etc).

I tend to avoid Rap and RnB like the plauge though. I hate the genre.

My Last.fm (http://www.last.fm/user/InsomniacHippo) will give a better coverage on the music I like then I can myself.

Gradon
09-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Really digging the new Enter Shikari album, there's some complete belters on there.

It is absolutely amazing, but most iTunes reviews are saying they want the old style back, which I find fucking stupid.
Bands change, and I'm afraid Enter Shikari's new style works, and it's still amazing.

I mostly listen to any genre (except Country and Jazz, some rap and Hip-hop), but my favourite is electronic/trance/techno, though, I listen to more rock and metal.
It's hard to find a good song in these genres but there are many out there.
Last.fm Page (http://last.fm/user/gradon)

You can find my music tastes, music likes, and last listened tracks there.
G'day.

Favourite bands;

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/8075/bandsu.png

Stu
09-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Is that the American Attack Attack, or the south Walian Attack Attack?

And yeah, it fucking grates on me when people say they want bands to return to their older styles. People who can't come to terms with the idea of a band progressing and maturing as time goes by seriously have no place listening to music.

Town of Green
09-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Yoko Kanno composes such a variety of music, it's great. Blues or jazz influenced stuff doesn't come as easy to me because I only like to a smattering of each genre. Nonetheless Kanno composes great tracks for Maaya Sakamoto to sing.

I haven't really heard much of Kanno's stuff aside from the soundtrack for CB. Given that though, I think I'll look some up.

Gradon
09-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Is that the American Attack Attack, or the south Walian Attack Attack?

American; though I like and respect both AA's I prefer the American one. :P
They're dubbed the American Enter Shikari, that's how I found them and well, they're really good.
Apart from Stick Stickly's music video, tthats balls, lol.
People need to accept bands growing, it's really tiring these days. -_-

GuardhouseMusic
09-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Joanna Newsom - Colleen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enmj-fK9niY)

I love the cyclical style of this tune. Plus I get giddy during the bridge where she shouts "HAH!" I don't know why, I think it's an inspired moment in music I guess.

VirusPunk
09-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Hypocrisy - Osculum Obscenum

Swedish Brutal Death Metal album from 1993.

This album makes Cannibal Corpse look like Britney Spears.

The album cover is incredibly insane, too.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3270/osculumo.jpg (http://img268.imageshack.us/i/osculumo.jpg/)

Wes Benscoter is an incredible artist.

Alexia_Ashford
09-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Currently relishing in the musical orgasm which is Chicane - Offshore. <333

Swagger
09-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Listening to a bunch of Rap/Hiphop or some RnB's to chill.

Ray
09-05-2009, 05:22 PM
I'm open to whatever comes to me. I have no general preference.

Though, I've begun to listen to Imogen Heap, really got caught with her first album.

Gradon
09-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Currently relishing in the musical orgasm which is Chicane - Offshore. <333

ORGASM ACHIEVED. <33333

Rock it.
09-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Anthrax's "I am the Law'. It's sheer metal perfection. Scott Ian is a god among the living.

Vector
09-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Whew. I can't stop listening to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n267QwfTrOM

Paramore's cover of "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon. Awesome.

BadWolfX
09-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Joanna Newsom - Colleen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enmj-fK9niY)

I love the cyclical style of this tune. Plus I get giddy during the bridge where she shouts "HAH!" I don't know why, I think it's an inspired moment in music I guess.

I've only heard The Sprout and the Bean (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYl0uLrXP7U) by her but I love her. I really should listen to some more songs by her.

Swagger
09-06-2009, 07:13 AM
Raps songs these days aren't as good as the ones in the early late 90's and early 2000.

Stu
09-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Care to actually list some artists for a change?

GuardhouseMusic
09-06-2009, 07:47 AM
I've only heard The Sprout and the Bean (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYl0uLrXP7U) by her but I love her. I really should listen to some more songs by her.

I can't say I'm into her other stuff. I've yet to listen to Ys but from what I've heard of Newsom's debut, I don't like it. I think "colleen" is altogether a bigger and richer song.

Gradon
09-06-2009, 08:40 AM
http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B000AJTN2C.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Current track;
Beautiful by Ami Suzuki

BadWolfX
09-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Florence And The Machine - Dog Days Are Over.

When I first got the album I didn't like it that much. There were some good tracks but nothing that really stood out but then I just left it on repeat for a while and it really grew on me, it's an amazing album.

Bertha
09-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Right now...I'm really big on listening to Trish Trang, Utada Hikaru, and Ayumi Hamasaki. I found my old J-pop cd a friend burned back when I was still in high school.

One of Trish's best songs I think is Crossing Over. Lie to Me is lovely as well. For Utada...Kremlin Dusk and Hotel Lobby. Distance and First love are also very beautiful.

I really...would marry Trish or Hikki if laws allowed it.
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r300/angelnhearts/background.jpg

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww73/Sakay-Chan/Utada%20Hikaru/Utada_Hikaru_040013.jpg

Gideon Quinn
09-07-2009, 12:40 PM
I don't think i'll be able to take Chicane seriously after butchering Hoppipolla... :)
As far as electronica goes, I picked up Ikebana by Zero Cult today. Very nice album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQATFqFnCdg

GuardhouseMusic
09-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Electronica is something that's quite foreign to me. I listen to bands with Moogs and other synths and electronic instruments but I wouldn't consider any of it electronica. Any recommendations?

BadWolfX
09-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Right now...I'm really big on listening to Trish Trang, Utada Hikaru, and Ayumi Hamasaki. I found my old J-pop cd a friend burned back when I was still in high school.

Hikki! I love Utada Hikaru, although I find her English albums to be a little....disappointing. Exodus was okay but This Is The One was terrible and the few songs I like from it and major guilty pleasures.

http://chipskjaa.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/utada-hikaru.jpg

She really is beautiful.

Gideon Quinn
09-07-2009, 03:28 PM
Electronica is something that's quite foreign to me. I listen to bands with Moogs and other synths and electronic instruments but I wouldn't consider any of it electronica. Any recommendations?

Hmm, it really depends. I'm not one for genre limitations, so some people may call me a blasphemer for referring to Solar Fields/Aphex Twin/Amon Tobin as Electronica. But yes, any of those are good starting points. Aphex Twin is more leftfield and experimental, Solar Fields seem to navigate between downbeat ambience and fast paced trance. If you've played Mirror's Edge then you might recognise some of their music, as they did the soundtrack. Amon Tobin is a sampler and creates rediculously complex soundscapes through sampling different kinds of music so that's great too.

On the topic of Japanese artists, my favourite band happen to be Japanese. They are called Mono and they play beautiful, soaring, dynamic instrumental music that has the ethereal highs of classical orchestral, the ambient drones and twinkling guitars of post rock, and the celestial lows of doom/sludge. They are easily the best live band i have ever seen and strongly advise you guys to check them out! They are starting a US tour at the end of the month so check out their myspace to see if they have a show near you. You won't experience anything quite like them, i promise :)

Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/monojp
Live vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VogyJ9YszC8

Other notable Japanese bands i like include Boris, Envy, World's End Girlfriend, Melt Banana, Merzbow etc... I'd like all of these if they were from any other country too, but in bands like Melt Banana's case i don't believe they'd be the same if they were from America or England or something. It adds to the charm and eclectic nature of their music.

Oh, and Boris opened for Nine Inch Nails on their latest US tour so a couple of you may have seen them. Melt Banana opened for Tool on their US tour a few years ago, too. Possibly the only band that is capable of confusing Tool fans... Awesome.

Vector
09-07-2009, 03:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08RYp-uDpPo

:'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jcxFiQol_E

o_o

BadWolfX
09-07-2009, 04:06 PM
On the subject of Final Fantasy X....

Suteki Da Nae (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uYQ6PpPEmg)

GuardhouseMusic
09-14-2009, 10:02 PM
Beach House - Tokyo Witch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3MiSOcbts8). This band has such staying power, I find myself attached to another individual song the more I listen to them, as if every one of them gets a spotlight.

DarkMemories
09-14-2009, 10:15 PM
I've been listening to alot of One More Soul to the Call and Alex's Theme from Silent Hill: Homecoming.

WeskerIncarnate
09-14-2009, 11:39 PM
You just can't say anything bad about Susumu Hirasawa...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeTpBHHN-bo

I_Am_Nemesis
09-15-2009, 07:14 PM
atm im listening to my play list that ranges from Escape the fate to David Guetta with a bit of faithless, bob Marley. Breaking Benjamin, The Fray, Shrek 2, Stone Sour, The Verve, Gary Jules (mad World), Hans Zimmer, Lisa Gerrard,Hinder,Dido, Serj Tankian, Black Eyed Peas, Linkin Park. DJ Mangoo,Incredibad, Dizzee Rascal, Journey, The La's, Los Bandoleros, Bob Geldoff, Go:Audio, Nirvana, Wierd Al, Moby and A Day To Remember all mushed up in the middle for good measure :D i couldnt sleep with out my music

soz ofr the long winded and boring post but i have bugger all to do and im extremely bored :(

GuardhouseMusic
09-15-2009, 07:27 PM
I like the variety in your music taste, though some of those bands I don't like. The La's though, great choice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LURvVxSZl4

nemesiswontdie
09-15-2009, 07:31 PM
I love the Mechanical Animals album,not one bad song on there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqnN0tob7w0

I like the whole concept album thing (Mechanical Animals being the 2nd installment of the story)

Enetirnel
09-16-2009, 02:53 AM
Bonus Arrange/Endless Zero~Eljen Wien Mix by remix by DJ. Sandou (I think, I can't really be bothered to translate the booklet at the moment) in the DEMENTO Original Sound Track.

Absolutely amazing soundtrack with bit of an interesting composition on the overall, and the bonus remixes/arrangements are great - there's nothing that I can say bad about this soundtrack aside from wishing that there were a few more remixes and included the sound effects like some of the older Capcom soundtracks. I haven't been able to stop listening to it since it finally arrived. ^_^

I_Am_Nemesis
09-16-2009, 07:42 AM
I like the variety in your music taste, though some of those bands I don't like. The La's though, great choice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LURvVxSZl4

cheers and yea i love the La's My dad got me into them when i was ten :) good times

Sephiroth
09-16-2009, 09:36 AM
Nothing Else Matter by Metallica

GuardhouseMusic
09-16-2009, 01:10 PM
There's this Swedish band, Club 8 that I enjoy . Influenced by some of my favorite bands, such as The Smiths and Felt, this tune has a high-noted heavily produced sugary pop sound, though the band goes through sound changes quite a bit. That plus a female singer :D

Club 8 - Whatever You Want (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVC-Sag5Qxo)

Gradon
09-16-2009, 01:25 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pJPqrGL6hAw/SGj5UFIftcI/AAAAAAAAMpU/HQ-ruxhp8bU/s320/l_ee795dc05cb8f5858acba2980e087b3b+300.png

Tease by The Medic Droid.

GuardhouseMusic
09-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Mary Elizabeth McGlynn & Akira Yamaoka- You're Not Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7YFKtwNPv0) (with clips of the SH film).

This tune is dear to me because it reminds me of stuff I listen to, mainly the guitars I can hear in a post-punk setting.

Gideon Quinn
09-22-2009, 05:00 PM
I've been listening to new releases by...

Thrice
Porcupine Tree
LoveLikeFire
Stomacher

[STARS]TyranT
09-22-2009, 05:01 PM
That track is pure, pure win. But then Silent Hill music is.

Same as Yoko Kanno - just love Cyberbird.

My normal music tastes are so varied I couldn't list them at all, because I appreciate all genres, but if I say I love Girls Aloud, and Paramore, and Editors, and Foo Fighters, and Calvin Harris, and Jay Z. It should give a broad idea of how varied I am. :)

BadWolfX
09-23-2009, 09:06 AM
Girls Aloud? Pfft.

*they're not my secret guilty pleasure, not at all.*

Canas Renvall
09-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Less Talk More Rokk - Freezepop

I remember when I first heard this song, I has just heard about Guitar Hero II 'cause my brother brought it home, and I just fell in love with it. And with that, I fell in love with Freezepop. Freezepop forever! :D

Enetirnel
09-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Less Talk More Rokk - Freezepop

I remember when I first heard this song, I has just heard about Guitar Hero II 'cause my brother brought it home, and I just fell in love with it. And with that, I fell in love with Freezepop. Freezepop forever! :D

That's just weird. I'm listening to the exact same song Canas!

I knew about Freezepop for a while, but anyway great song. :lol:

I have such a varied music taste though, it doesn't really surprise me. But, Less Talk More Rokk is something I do listen to fairly often still.

Vector
09-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Paramore posted their new album 'Brand New Eyes' in its entirety on their website, http://www.paramore.net/ , before it gets released next Tuesday. I'm pretty 'meh' on what I've heard so far. I was hoping for some more maturation out of this album and I haven't gotten it yet.

[STARS]TyranT
09-23-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm liking it, but it's more of a grower atm.

Riot is a hell of a bar to reach though. Not a track out of place on that one.

Vector
09-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Just finished it. Unimpressed thus far, but I need to give it a few more listens. My favorite track so far is 'Playing God.'

EDIT: Then again, 'All I Wanted' is pretty sweet also. It's the only song on the album where Hayley really BELTS. She never does it enough.

Inferno04
09-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Lady Gaga has been a guilty pleasure as of late.

Swagger
09-23-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm currently listening to some of the albums of R Kelly and TREY.

nemesiswontdie
09-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Currently Ive been listening to Antichrist Superstar. I remember this cd when it first came out and listening to Irresponsible Hate Anthem. Still to this day this cd is all sorts of epic. One of the few albums I can listen through all the way through and not get bord. the 5 best songs on this cd is

1.Irresponsible Hate Anthem
2.Mister Superstar
3.The Man That You Fear
4.Angel With The Scabbed Wings
and
5.Tied,Dried Up and Dead To The World.

the most popular song on this cd is The Beautiful People in which I actually cant stand that song.
The remix's for this cd is really good too.

[STARS]TyranT
09-24-2009, 04:44 PM
guilty pleasure

No such thing in music - if you like something you like it - and fuck anyone who disagrees. Embrace what you love and don't be ashamed to :). I hate seeing people admit a music taste is guilty pleasure, it's just so wrong.

YamiYumes
09-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Been listening to the Code: Veronica soundtrack on loop for the past week. In particular: Hanging Doll and Alexia's theme Form 2 :3

nemesiswontdie
09-24-2009, 06:24 PM
TyranT;127433']No such thing in music - if you like something you like it - and fuck anyone who disagrees. Embrace what you love and don't be ashamed to :). I hate seeing people admit a music taste is guilty pleasure, it's just so wrong.

this. I love this fucking post.

WeskerIncarnate
09-24-2009, 06:53 PM
TyranT;127433']No such thing in music - if you like something you like it - and fuck anyone who disagrees. Embrace what you love and don't be ashamed to :). I hate seeing people admit a music taste is guilty pleasure, it's just so wrong.

The Internet just gained a point. Thank you.

In the meantime...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkYYYew8CUI

Inferno04
09-24-2009, 10:04 PM

...Thank you. =) <3

You're right, fuck 'em. xD

GuardhouseMusic
09-24-2009, 10:24 PM
The spirit of this topic has been burning of late.

The Raveonettes - That Great Love Sound (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEC2PkkokIY)

Dan Corson
09-24-2009, 10:27 PM
The Internet just gained a point. Thank you.

In the meantime...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkYYYew8CUIOh, FUCK YES! I have listened to the soundtrack to Berserk SO many times...

nemesiswontdie
09-24-2009, 10:30 PM
I just found another awesome song on Antichrist Superstar called Kinderfeld. I already know what its about cause its pretty simple to figure out what the song is about if you read his book but still I can make this song into anything I want it to be about.

Gideon Quinn
09-26-2009, 07:44 AM
I've been listening to some old heavies again... Sepultura, Nasum, Converge, Dillinger Escape Plan, lots of loud and heavy shit!

Swagger
09-26-2009, 07:47 AM
Listening to some RnB songs at the moment like R Kelly, Akon, T.R.E.Y. Jay-Z

Enetirnel
09-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Growing Wings by "Kay Jemsen" (Kari Wahlgren), the English equal/version to Tsukiru from Drag-On-Dragoon/Drakengard Original Sound Track.

I like both the English and Japanese versions, Tsukiru/Growing Wings and the Drakengard 2 versions Growing Wings/Hitori which are a bit more peaceful than the one from the first game.

BadWolfX
09-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Crazy Motorcycle from the Final Fantasy VII soundtrack. I'm actually drowning in nostalgia right now.

nemesiswontdie
09-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Mechanical Animals Coma White. Great song and has a awesome music video. This album has yet to get old to me.

Vector
09-28-2009, 12:03 AM
Hooooly dicks on sticks...one of my very favorite bands, CHEVELLE (www.chevelleinc.com) came out with a new album called Sci-Fi Crimes on August 31st and I JUST found out about it right now. My mind is blown. I'm listening to it now, and the first song, Sleep Apnea (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeH3zbet3Ig&feature=PlayList&p=47E3EB7DF90F50DF&index=1), is pretty fuckin' rad-tastic.

Inferno04
09-28-2009, 12:23 AM
Hooooly dicks on sticks...one of my very favorite bands, CHEVELLE (www.chevelleinc.com) came out with a new album called Sci-Fi Crimes on August 31st and I JUST found out about it right now. My mind is blown. I'm listening to it now, and the first song, Sleep Apnea (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeH3zbet3Ig&feature=PlayList&p=47E3EB7DF90F50DF&index=1), is pretty fuckin' rad-tastic.

...They came out with a new album? O_O *Just as lost*

chris redfield
09-28-2009, 11:20 PM
ive mainly been listening to avenged sevenfold, and three days *****.

Beanovsky Durst
09-29-2009, 02:37 AM

Quoted for ABSOLUTE EPIC TRUTH.

Anyway I've been listening some Limp Bizkit old demos and singles... I'm so fucking happy that they are about to finish a new album with Wes Borland back full time.
I've been a fan from them since Three Dollar Bill Y'All, and I really, REALLY hope that a new world tour is on the works.

Canas Renvall
09-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Love Theme - MGS4.

:'( ('Nuff said.)

YamiYumes
09-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Here's my current playlist I've been listening to for about a week straight now:

1. Piano Roll~RECV
2. The Suspended Doll~RECV
3. The Ending of the Beginning~RECV
4. Alexia's Theme Type 1~RECV

Anyone seeing a pattern here? :B

kevstah2004
09-29-2009, 09:16 PM
C-Bo - Money by the Ton

Beef_jerky_yo
09-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Country
Mindless Self Indulgence
The Lonely Island
And random anime soundtracks

WeskerIncarnate
09-29-2009, 09:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDWsYH-ajvI&feature=PlayList&p=0863F7E05E712A37

Still listening to Mr.Hirasawa...

Vogue_Dirge
09-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Right now I'm really into:

Lady Gaga
Sam Sparro
Little Boots
and Santigold

:3

Swagger
09-29-2009, 11:11 PM
I am now listening to "Angels don't kill by Childrens of Bodom"

YamiYumes
09-30-2009, 03:02 AM
Hm. Well, to help get my writing going again I've switched from my RE:CV playlist and have been listening to Bond. More specifically, Viva!

Great song. I highly recommend that, Explosive, and Allegretto. :3

BadWolfX
09-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Now playing: Nobuo Uematsu - Opening (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/nobuo+uematsu/track/opening)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

Essentially the Dissidia soundtrack. Because the entire thing is amazing.

GuardhouseMusic
09-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Cocteau Twins - Iceblink Luck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl5EqjtRuGU)

It's been a relative while since I've listened to this track. Sounds richer than ever.

nemesiswontdie
09-30-2009, 02:48 PM
I am now listening to "Angels don't kill by Childrens of Bodom"

Children Of Bodom

That whole CD is pretty good.

Right now ive been listening to Coma White. It seems to fit my mood well.

Gideon Quinn
10-01-2009, 01:27 PM
So has anyone been listening to the new Alice in Chains album? I picked it up today and it's incredible. I missed this band so much. William DuVall is doing a beyond fantastic job as their new vocalist. It's almost as if he's channelling Layne Staley...

I_Am_Nemesis
10-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Ive been listening to the new Newton Faulkner album Rebuilt by Humans. Its amazing and i even prefer it to his last album :D its just great. So Much is my current fave song :)

Dan Corson
10-01-2009, 07:09 PM
So has anyone been listening to the new Alice in Chains album? I picked it up today and it's incredible. I missed this band so much. William DuVall is doing a beyond fantastic job as their new vocalist. It's almost as if he's channelling Layne Staley...It really is fantastic. I'm so happy Alice In Chains are back... I've missed them!

DarkMemories
10-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Still listening to One More Soul to the Call and Alex's Theme.

I've added Origins "O.R.T." to the list too, though. It's really easy to gain sympathy for Alex and Travis just by listening to these tracks.

Town of Green
10-02-2009, 12:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNWJ7lbshzQ&feature=channel_page

They're so good, even if I can't spell or pronounce most of their songs.

Gradon
10-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Brand New Eyes is rather dissapointing.
Hopefully the same wont be said for Waste Management by t.A.T.u.
I'm seeing Enter Shikari in two weeks, The Mission District in a month and Paramore in 2 months...
:D

WeskerIncarnate
10-02-2009, 11:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNWJ7lbshzQ&feature=channel_page

They're so good, even if I can't spell or pronounce most of their songs.

You know, this was pretty good. I like it.

Most, huh? You speak/read a little Icelandic?

Oh, and: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm9ixly00Q8&feature=PlayList&p=0863F7E05E712A37&index=1&playnext=2&playnext_from=PL

Just can't get enough of this guy...

Gideon Quinn
10-03-2009, 06:31 AM
I saw Sigur Ros live last year, really beautiful experience.

Inferno04
10-03-2009, 03:24 PM
I've got the "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" soundtrack playing right now. xD Love it.

[STARS]TyranT
10-06-2009, 05:45 PM
I actually really enjoy Brand New Eyes. Like I said in an earlier post - Riot was a bar I don't think they could achieve with where the group was at the time of Brand New Eyes, instead we got something considerably different, yet in many ways similar to the earlier Paramore. Lyrically the album is absolutely incredible, and tells the story of Paramore and all the problems that occured post Riot. It's more of a story an a LP, I can understand why it's a dissapointment to some however, but for me, it's just so good to hear them overcome all the issues and come back fighting. The world doesn't need another band, oooh woah oh oooh oooh woah oh oooh oooh.

But what a waste it would of been ;)

jagger916
10-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Paint, It Black - Orchestral (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al_qfXeKXgI)
I love The Stones and Orchestral music.

nemesiswontdie
10-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Disposable Teens from the Holy Wood (In The Shadows Of The Valley Of Death) CD. I never really cared for the CD but its starting to sound good recently.

Ray
10-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Imogen Heap. Along with her days in Frou Frou.

She's just... lovely.

I'm really digging 'Aha!', and 'Earth'. But, my favorite is 'Leave Me To Love', a B-side from her first album, iMegaphone, which I love dearly. It's a lot more rock than her recent stuff, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh_QRz-J5-0

The intro is pretty... rough, though.

:D GO IMMI, DAMMIT!!!! :)

Agent_Wong
10-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Lately I been listening to Slipknot, Linkin Park, 3 doors down and Nightwish. I don't really have favorite tracks from them. I don't listen to much unless I like the whole cd.

Branden_Lucero
10-07-2009, 12:10 AM
I love the Mechanical Animals album,not one bad song on there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqnN0tob7w0

I like the whole concept album thing (Mechanical Animals being the 2nd installment of the story)

i think that album is a disappointment. there's only maybe a few selected songs on it that are worth listening, Holywood is a better album in my opinion.

Branden_Lucero
10-07-2009, 12:11 AM
Current listening: Massive Attack

nemesiswontdie
10-07-2009, 12:25 AM
i think that album is a disappointment. there's only maybe a few selected songs on it that are worth listening, Holywood is a better album in my opinion.

Well it depends on what you like. Me personally I like it when he isnt as hard rock such as Antichrist Superstar or Holywood. Hell the hardest song on MA is Rock Is Dead. MA is one of the few albums I can listen to without getting bored of it,unlike HolyWood were he tryed to go back to being dark and goth like.

Though dont get me wrong Holywood is still a good cd but to me its not a masterpeice like Mechanical Animals or Antichrist Superstar.

Branden_Lucero
10-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Well it depends on what you like. Me personally I like it when he isnt as hard rock such as Antichrist Superstar or Holywood. Hell the hardest song on MA is Rock Is Dead. MA is one of the few albums I can listen to without getting bored of it,unlike HolyWood were he tryed to go back to being dark and goth like.

Though dont get me wrong Holywood is still a good cd but to me its not a masterpeice like Mechanical Animals or Antichrist Superstar.

Antichrist yes, but he tried too hard with Mechanical Animals to be "shockful" with everyone thinkin' that he had a sex change and removed some of his ribs to "do himself" during that era. and plus, talking on themes of drugs and that fictional artist Omega just isn't that interesting to me.

talking about teenage rebellion, suicide, and historical themes found on Holywood - now that's more of something that i'm into. even the double tone meanings found on Golden Age sound like a much better concept than just....drugs and an alien.

The Dope Show is probably one of the worst songs he's ever made. i have no idea how the hell everyone likes it, and i really mean that. Everyone has to be on dope to like such a weak song.

He's even trying to repeat the same thing with Eat Me and High End - i skipped those two albums because they sounded horrible.

nemesiswontdie
10-07-2009, 01:25 AM
Well I like the story of Omega and such. Though I can agree on The Dope Show being a terrible song. If I get the chance to I skip that song.

Holywood like I said before Manson tried to hard to be goth again ugly again and it just didnt work out like it did with Antichrist.

Teenage rebellion and Suicide can befound on MA as well (example: Mechanical Aniamls song "im just a boy playing the suicide king")

Though his albums after HW sucked major dick. The high end of low isnt that bad though to be honest. Its like NIN's The Fragile. The first time you listen to it,meh its not that great,now the second time you listen to it its pretty fucking good.

Branden_Lucero
10-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Well I like the story of Omega and such. Though I can agree on The Dope Show being a terrible song. If I get the chance to I skip that song.

Holywood like I said before Manson tried to hard to be goth again ugly again and it just didnt work out like it did with Antichrist.

Teenage rebellion and Suicide can befound on MA as well (example: Mechanical Aniamls song "im just a boy playing the suicide king")

Though his albums after HW sucked major dick. The high end of low isnt that bad though to be honest. Its like NIN's The Fragile. The first time you listen to it,meh its not that great,now the second time you listen to it its pretty fucking good.

the first time i listened to The Fragile, i was listening to a copy my brother had, he told me to listen to the left disc so i did. it was an easy listen but i was still barely listening to them. at the time, i only had one cd and that was Pretty Hate Machine (the original TVT that i ended up breaking). once Manson was off the Nothing Records label, his music just didn't sound as strong when Trent Reznor was participating and producing it.

nemesiswontdie
10-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Yes I agree with that as well. I still believe Antichrist Superstar was a big success cause Trents name is ALL OVER that fucking CD.

Vector
10-09-2009, 02:12 AM
I apparently have really not been paying any attention to my favorite bands, because not only did I not realize Chevelle came out with a new album over a month ago, but Linkin Park's Chester Bennington is coming out with an album on Tuesday with his 'band on the side' Dead by Sunrise.

Just started listening to their album on MySpace...not bad, not great. Not sure how I feel about it.
http://www.myspace.com/deadbysunrise

VirusPunk
10-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Since I'm in a zombie mood..

Deicide - Homage for Satan Official Video

If there is a god, this video is significant enough to show how a real zombie outbreak would occur, through demonic possession.

WeskerIncarnate
10-10-2009, 10:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQVSW9KlIhc

A good video game soundtrack? I think so.

Team Fortress 2-The Art of War

A fantastic drum based song. Anyone here should really listen to it; guaranteed you'll like it.

BadWolfX
10-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Let me take you down, 'cos I'm going to...

....Strawberry Fields. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7NoOhmVMac)

Damn, I love this song.

P Anderson DIE
10-12-2009, 11:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30w8DyEJ__0

Arctic Monkey's - Brainstorm

Chimera
10-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Platters - Sixteen Tons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fElQRznYseM

VirusPunk
10-15-2009, 10:09 AM
I'm listening to a cover of Coolio's Gangster Paradise by Ten Masked Men, death metal version. :D

He looks so cool doing those dubbed harsh death metal growls, now if only the real Coolio would try it - that would be epic.

Humor Tumor
10-15-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm currently listening to KMFDM's new album Blitz.

I'm pretty much into anything, except for country.

GuardhouseMusic
10-15-2009, 02:45 PM
The Apples in Stereo - Fun Trick Noisemaker (album)

It's a mixed bag. So far there's a lo-fi sludge that the songs don't need but some of them have good ideas. They sound nice, but too lethargic.

nemesiswontdie
10-15-2009, 02:52 PM
NIN The Downward Spiral. Man I love this CD I could listen to it all day.

Humor Tumor
10-15-2009, 03:17 PM
NIN The Downward Spiral. Man I love this CD I could listen to it all day.

I've always been kind of interested in NIN, I've just never gotten around to listening to them.

What are they exactly? Industrial?

nemesiswontdie
10-15-2009, 03:21 PM
yes and no. It depends on what CD your talking about, Pretty Hate Machine is Industrial while Broken and The Downward Sprial I consider hard rock or metal. Every NIN CD is a diffrent kind of genre of music. The Fragile for example it has alot of softer song on it (The Day The World Went Away,The Frail,The Fragile) while [With_Teeth] is like Hard Rock,[With_Teeth] wasnt really industrail at all.

Branden_Lucero
10-15-2009, 05:17 PM
yes and no. It depends on what CD your talking about, Pretty Hate Machine is Industrial while Broken and The Downward Sprial I consider hard rock or metal. Every NIN CD is a diffrent kind of genre of music. The Fragile for example it has alot of softer song on it (The Day The World Went Away,The Frail,The Fragile) while [With_Teeth] is like Hard Rock,[With_Teeth] wasnt really industrail at all.

Trent Reznor never labeled his own work as Industrial, we call Nine Inch Nails industrial because the way it sounds, not simply by the way the lyrics are. Industrial is called "experimental" music, like Progressive, in which every cd won't always sound the same as the last.

Ray
10-15-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm listening to Frou Frou's 'Psychobabble'. Violin solo ftw.
Also, I just can't stop listening to Imogen Heap's 'Mic Check'. Extreme acapella, yesh.
Then there's 'Not You Again', one of my favorites from her iMegaphone-era.
Anybody here heard of IAMX?

~aphrodite
10-18-2009, 02:19 AM
Mine will be:

Hush Hush - PCD

Smooth Criminal - Michael Jackson

Fire - 2NE1

It's You - Super Junior

and lastly

This Is It - Michael Jackson (my favorite.....)

[STARS]TyranT
10-18-2009, 06:26 AM
As it happens i've just got Radio 1 on at the moment and they are currently playing Robbie Williams - Bodies

Ray
10-18-2009, 01:58 PM
I don't listen to the radio anymore. Where I live, the stations always play the same shit OVER and OVAAAR again. Even the so called 'alternative' stations.

WeskerIncarnate
10-18-2009, 04:39 PM
^ I hate that too.

A station will play a song, play a couple different songs, then play the same one that you just heard a little while ago, and so on. And they also manage to do this with the songs they play in between too.

In the meantime, I haven't picked up anything. Still listening to Hirasawa.

I_Am_Nemesis
10-20-2009, 02:29 AM
recently bought the Sigh No More album by mumford & Sons :D its bloody brilliant Little Lion man is Amazing

BadWolfX
10-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Listening to the first new single from The Fame Monster by Lady Gaga. As always, its incredibly catchy and I can see it do pretty damn well in the charts.

GuardhouseMusic
10-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Lethal Weapon for the Amiga (http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/bt/benzaie/gsymdk/1257-lethal-weapon)

Just from a segment by French fellow Benjamin Daniel, bka benzaie. I love how the end of the chorus just melts back into the main "dun dun dun *crash*" beat. Infectious.

YamiYumes
10-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Rammstein's new album: Liebe ist Fur Alle Da :3

Humor Tumor
10-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Rammstein's new album: Liebe ist Fur Alle Da :3

Rammstein has a new album!!!

Oh god damn this is a good year

new KMFDM, new Resident Evil, new Rammstein

I love 2009

GuardhouseMusic
10-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Stricken City - Killing Time

Unfortunately I can't find a link. Nonetheless more of their talent.

Ray
10-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Imogen Heap- Rake It In

Yes... very much...

nemesiswontdie
10-21-2009, 10:57 PM
NIN The Fragile.

Swagger
10-22-2009, 12:53 AM
Albums of Childrens of Bodom.

Harry Mason
10-22-2009, 12:53 AM
I'm falling asleep to Metallica Master of Puppets it's on Sanitarium...

nemesiswontdie
10-22-2009, 12:57 AM
Albums of Childrens of Bodom.

which one?

Branden_Lucero
10-22-2009, 10:35 PM
Rammstein has a new album!!!

Oh god damn this is a good year

new KMFDM, new Resident Evil, new Rammstein

I love 2009

yeah, it sucks. i don't like it one bit. it sounds like old Rammstein done wrong.

Branden_Lucero
10-22-2009, 10:36 PM
NIN The Fragile.

haha. you really are obsessed with that band, aren't you?

nemesiswontdie
10-22-2009, 10:53 PM
haha. you really are obsessed with that band, aren't you?

of course :D

Branden_Lucero
10-22-2009, 11:13 PM
of course :D

yeah, i'm not anymore. NIN is pretty much a done band i believe. no more touring, new wife for him, he's supporting other projects, and then there's rumors of a continuation of Year Zero (which has been rumored for too long).

plus, he's released alot of shit in the last 2 years, more than he's ever done in the last 5. he says he'll continue to make music as NIN, but, he's agin'. so i know its gonna be tough for him.

that's when i researched Massive Attack, and holy shit. i'm glad i did. i can't believe how underrated that band is in the U.S.

nemesiswontdie
10-23-2009, 02:40 PM
yeah, i'm not anymore. NIN is pretty much a done band i believe. no more touring, new wife for him, he's supporting other projects, and then there's rumors of a continuation of Year Zero (which has been rumored for too long).

plus, he's released alot of shit in the last 2 years, more than he's ever done in the last 5. he says he'll continue to make music as NIN, but, he's agin'. so i know its gonna be tough for him.

that's when i researched Massive Attack, and holy shit. i'm glad i did. i can't believe how underrated that band is in the U.S.

well If your not in to them anymore I'd be happy to take some of those halos off your hands (still need me a WITT pt.3)

YamiYumes
10-23-2009, 03:31 PM
yeah, it sucks. i don't like it one bit. it sounds like old Rammstein done wrong.

I'll admit...I'm not a huge fan of some of the songs on the album, but I'm really digging Ich Tu Dir Weh. Something about that song...I dunno.

Then again, it also has a different sound to it than most of their other albums, to be honest. It's a change of pace for them, I think, and I find the more I listen to it the more it kinda grows on me.

Dan Corson
10-23-2009, 04:04 PM
At this very moment, I am listening to "Eternal Flame" by the Bangles. It has to be one of the most beautiful songs of the '80s, easily... The production, arrangement, and performances are all stellar. I love the Bangles so very, very much.

Anyway, I'd say my musical taste is fairly diverse. While I tend to listen more to guitar-oriented rock/power pop stuff, it's not all I listen to. I love synth-pop, classical, old-school rap, '60s and '70s R&B, baroque, folk, some old country, disco... There's so much great stuff out there, and I'll give anything a chance! That doesn't mean I'll like everything, but I like to keep an open mind. I proudly own WHAM! to Megadeth, Beethoven to The Nazz and a little bit of everything in between.
The top of the tops, however, are all rooted in guitar music. Matthew Sweet, Tom Petty, Queen, The Beatles, The Bangles, Warren Zevon, Neil Young... mostly stuff along those lines. Those listed are probably my all-time faves.

kevstah2004
10-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Flickering through the channels I came across the back end of a song I liked, it mentions something about dominoes I think on the chorus any ideas as to it's title guys? male singer.

Branden_Lucero
10-24-2009, 12:27 AM
well If your not in to them anymore I'd be happy to take some of those halos off your hands (still need me a WITT pt.3)

didn't say i didn't stop supporting him, i just know that he's not gonna be around much longer.

i think i'ma do some of that clearance, but at the same time i need to save money for my trip that i want to go on.

Branden_Lucero
10-24-2009, 12:30 AM
I'll admit...I'm not a huge fan of some of the songs on the album, but I'm really digging Ich Tu Dir Weh. Something about that song...I dunno.

Then again, it also has a different sound to it than most of their other albums, to be honest. It's a change of pace for them, I think, and I find the more I listen to it the more it kinda grows on me.

i thought it was just a poor attempt at trying to shock the world, i mean the single Pussy isn't the Rammstein i know. Its kinda catchy, but they've have so much better effort with their other stuff. Reise, Reise had some of the best singles they've ever done.

VirusPunk
10-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Super Mario Bros Castle Theme Metal Remix Cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBgMk4X9MzA

Most epic thing I've ever witnessed in my entire life..

TheOvermind001
10-25-2009, 04:12 AM
Gothic and Industrial.

Goth

Bauhaus
Siouxsie and the Banshees
The Cure
Joy Division
Southern Death Cult
Sisters of Mercy
Fields of the Nephilim
Nosferatu
The Wake
The Birthday Party
Rosetta Stone
etc....

Industrial
Throbbing Gristle
LAIBACH
Front 242
Skinny Puppy
KMFDM
Front Line Assembly
Haujobb
X-Marks the Pedwalk
Leatherstrip
Ministry
Nachtmahr
Alter der Ruine
Das Ich
VNV Nation
Assemblage 23
Nitzer Ebb
My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult
... a lot more?

I am a goth/industrial DJ. So... I like a lot of bands :P

TheOvermind001
10-25-2009, 04:16 AM
If you guys like Rammstein you should check out Die Krupps.

Rammstein pretty much made a career by ripping off Die Krupps and Laibach.

DIE KRUPPS - IRON MAN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNtMIVOqLVg

Industrial metal at its BEST.

TheOvermind001
10-25-2009, 04:37 AM
Here is another good Die Krupps track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTvke0Sa78A

Darkmoon
10-25-2009, 05:28 AM
Overmind, please don't post multiple posts like that. Instead, use the edit button if you have something to add so soon after posting. Cheers.

GuardhouseMusic
10-25-2009, 10:12 AM
I would consider bands such as The Cure (yes, I'm serious), Siouxsie, and Joy Division post punk rather than goth. I suppose a couple of words isn't enough to define any of those bands however.

Overmind, do you enjoy Psychic TV? I see you're a TG fan.

TheOvermind001
10-25-2009, 03:39 PM
I would consider bands such as The Cure (yes, I'm serious), Siouxsie, and Joy Division post punk rather than goth. I suppose a couple of words isn't enough to define any of those bands however.

Overmind, do you enjoy Psychic TV? I see you're a TG fan.

I kind of lump post punk in with goth. Its pretty much the same crap. Siouxsie not goth? Really? >_>
And yeah, Psychic TV is the shit. :)

Overmind, please don't post multiple posts like that. Instead, use the edit button if you have something to add so soon after posting. Cheers.

Sorry dude, my bad. XD

kevstah2004
10-25-2009, 04:03 PM
The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition
Tha Realest - I'm Good (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZCCdOzpZbM&feature=player_profilepage)1m44s

Ray
10-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Imogen Heap- Feeling Strange
Imogen Heap- Rake It In
IAMX & Imogen Heap- My Secret Friend
Utadu Hikaru- Simple & Clean
Frou Frou- Flicks
Milla Jovovich- Gentleman Who Fell

Fuck yeah, annoy those bitchy neighbors, music! Do It!!!

-I hate my neighbors. If they annoy me with radio, I annoy them with gratuitous amounts of epic Immi and co.-

nemesiswontdie
10-25-2009, 04:14 PM
Powerman 5000 Supernova goes pop

BadWolfX
10-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Imogen Heap- Feeling Strange
Imogen Heap- Rake It In
IAMX & Imogen Heap- My Secret Friend
Utadu Hikaru- Simple & Clean
Frou Frou- Flicks
Milla Jovovich- Gentleman Who Fell

Fuck yeah, annoy those bitchy neighbors, music! Do It!!!

-I hate my neighbors. If they annoy me with radio, I annoy them with gratuitous amounts of epic Immi and co.-

Annoy and Imogen Heap in the same sentence? Impossible!

Vogue_Dirge
10-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Bad Romance - Lady Gaga

Ray
10-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Annoy and Imogen Heap in the same sentence? Impossible!

If you're being sarcastic: That's why I listen to her older music. I still love her new music, but it just has way too many fans who don't give a shit about her older music.
Sorry, I can't tell sarcasm on the internet for jack-shit.

TheOvermind001
10-25-2009, 05:53 PM
IAMX is great!

Ray
10-25-2009, 05:57 PM
IAMX is great!

I know, right? I'm actually planning on getting all his albums. I was surprised he collabed with Imogen in his new album.

TyrackT71
10-25-2009, 09:11 PM
OZZY OSBOURNE!!!!

BadWolfX
10-26-2009, 07:17 AM
If you're being sarcastic: That's why I listen to her older music. I still love her new music, but it just has way too many fans who don't give a shit about her older music.
Sorry, I can't tell sarcasm on the internet for jack-shit.

No, I wasn't being sarcastic, I'm a fan of Imogen Heap. I haven't really heard a whole lot of anything she's done though =/ (I only have Speak For Yourself).

But no, not sarcasm.

Ray
10-26-2009, 07:56 PM
No, I wasn't being sarcastic, I'm a fan of Imogen Heap. I haven't really heard a whole lot of anything she's done though =/ (I only have Speak For Yourself).

But no, not sarcasm.

Oh, okay. You should give iMegaphone a go; it's my personal favorite, but to many newbies it's a whole new world (it's her first album, very rock).

Frou Frou's (when she was in a duo group with writer/instrumentalist Guy Sigsworth) album Details is very nice too.

Also, Ellipse (her newest) is really great. A lot darker than Speak for Yourself.

My favorite songs from her are: Come Here Boy (iMegaphone), Rake It In (iMegaphone), Hide and Seek (Speak for Yourself), Daylight Robbery (Speak for Yourself), Flicks (Details), Psychobabble (Details), Swoon (Ellipse), Tidal (Ellipse), Earth (Ellipse), Aha! (Ellipse), Missing You (I think from her days at BRIT School of Musical arts, before 1994 I think), Feeling Strange (iMegaphone B-side), and My Secret Friend ('featured', in IAMX's album Kingdom of Welcome Addiction).

As you can tell by now, I'm a RAGING, RABID, and KKKKKRAZY Imogen fan (not the typical SFY raging fan, but raging fan since iMegaphone was released when I was two).

Holy shit. I think I just exploded.

:D

I_Am_Nemesis
10-27-2009, 06:26 PM
The End of Heartache by Killswitvh Engage. Oh wait that just finished lol now im listening to No Woman No Cry by bob marley lol weird going from listening to heavy metal to reggae

Ray
10-27-2009, 06:36 PM
wow i didnt know she was a singer lol

She's actually really good. Unlike most actors/actresses turned musicians (or vice-versa), she did folk songs. And they're actually great. I was surprised.

I_Am_Nemesis
10-27-2009, 06:38 PM
She's actually really good. Unlike most actors/actresses turned musicians (or vice-versa), she did folk songs. And they're actually great. I was surprised.

yea i decided to have a listen on youtube and she is actually a really good singer! wow you leanr something new every day lol well i might have to buy some of her songs

nemesiswontdie
10-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Now I'm Nothing from Lollapalooza 1991.

GuardhouseMusic
10-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Spiritualized - Do it All Over Again (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loVVK_9fAeo)

Happy song. Sounds more like a Beatles tune at certain points, but when the effects kick in, there's Jason Spaceman.

YamiYumes
10-28-2009, 06:02 PM
i thought it was just a poor attempt at trying to shock the world, i mean the single Pussy isn't the Rammstein i know. Its kinda catchy, but they've have so much better effort with their other stuff. Reise, Reise had some of the best singles they've ever done.

I don't think they were trying to shock anyone with that video, to be honest. I thought they were more making fun of the fact that anything sex related becomes a megahit, regardless of how crappy the sound quality and/or lyrics are. I just saw that particular song as a parody. I guess we'll have to wait for the making of and some interviews before their intentions are revealed, but that's how it seemed to me xD

Also, if no one's heard of Vitas yet, omg. Check him out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjO_VXHxsRw

Funnily enough, he reminds me of Alfred for some reason :B Hahaha. Music is still phenomenal though <3

nemesiswontdie
10-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Nine Inch Nails live at CRC and Now I'm Nothing from 1991

Branden_Lucero
10-28-2009, 08:35 PM
you so need a new band.

nemesiswontdie
10-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Na im good. Ive also been listening to Powerman 5000.

Branden_Lucero
10-28-2009, 09:16 PM
i only listened to like, 2-3 songs by them and then that's it. really didn't care for them.

Dan Corson
10-28-2009, 09:37 PM
I am currently addicted to this (http://play.rhapsody.com/album/ghosts-of-girlfriends-past/ghosts-of-girlfriends-past-featuring-matthew-sweet) and this (http://www.rhapsody.com/tom-petty/anthology-through-the-years/waiting-for-tonight).

Ray
10-28-2009, 09:48 PM
IAMX- Tear Garden
Milla Jovovich- Bang Your Head, Gentleman Who Fell, and Don't Fade Away
Imogen Heap- 2-1, Leave Me To Love, Not You Again, Sleep, and Feeling Strange
Tina Guo- Queen Bee

Mmmm.... moar, plz...

WeskerIncarnate
10-28-2009, 10:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCmJ6NP4vSA

Amazing song. This series had a wonderful score.

Yoko Kanno is brilliant, and the Seatbelts are VERY talented band, who are also brilliant.

Humor Tumor
10-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Right now I'm listening to Roison Murphy
pretty good, although kinda different from what I normally listen to.

YamiYumes
10-30-2009, 02:14 PM
Haha, to help my writing, I've been listening to this: http://www.youtube.com/user/YamiYumes#p/f/0/Az4P9eGk1-M

One of the few songs that can really make me feel unsettled. Good ambience music, though. Especially with Halloween tomorrow :3

BadWolfX
10-31-2009, 08:36 AM
Epicly addicted to this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmZ08V4GFQg)

Dan Corson
10-31-2009, 09:08 AM
Nice!

GuardhouseMusic
11-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Stricken City - Tak o Tak (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATMwzAseujM)
Apples in Stereo - Winter Must Be Cold (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9IZy6GxuvE)

Heh, what else is new?

I_Am_Nemesis
11-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Low Rider by War )

nemesiswontdie
11-01-2009, 06:27 PM
listening to alot of remix's on the remix.nin.com site. The current one playing is The Perfect Drug which is weird cause I dont care for the song but im really liking this mix alot.

Branden_Lucero
11-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Every Body Wants To Rule The World (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK9O30d_yiE)- Tears For Fears

probably the greatest 80's new wave music video made.

wish i lived in the 80s. better than all the shit people listen to now.

nemesiswontdie
11-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Every Body Wants To Rule The World (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK9O30d_yiE)- Tears For Fears

probably the greatest 80's new wave music video made.

wish i lived in the 80s. better than all the shit people listen to now.

meh Im a 90's guy.

Branden_Lucero
11-01-2009, 09:15 PM
meh Im a 90's guy.

i can listen to music as far back as the 30s, though the 50s were better i thought.

Beanovsky Durst
11-01-2009, 11:18 PM
http://opiniones.terra.es/tmp/swotti/cacheYNVJA2V0AGVHZA==RW50ZXJ0YWLUBWVUDC1NDXNPY0JHB MRZ/imgBuckethead4.jpg

His killswitch technique is fantastic.

GuardhouseMusic
11-01-2009, 11:19 PM
i can listen to music as far back as the 30s, though the 50s were better i thought.

I'm working on that. Nonetheless electric guitars and keyboards are comfortable for me right now. I suppose Pithecanthropus Erectus is from the 50s, as is Johnny Cash's debut, but that's really all I got.

nemesiswontdie
11-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Gary Numan's Pleasure Principle, Airlane. Next track is my favorite song by Numan, Metal.

Dan Corson
11-03-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm listening to a little Warren Zevon. "Boom Boom Mancini" to be exact!

What an awesome musician...

I_Am_Nemesis
11-03-2009, 06:59 PM
listening to Baby i love your way :) love that damn song!!

Ray
11-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Hide and Seek- Imogen Heap

Whatcha Say- Jason DeRulo

... see what I did there?

BadWolfX
11-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Hide and Seek- Imogen Heap

Whatcha Say- Jason DeRulo

... see what I did there?

I wanted to kill the artist when I first heard it.

Wanted to kill him so hard.

nemesiswontdie
11-06-2009, 03:10 PM
And All That Could Have Been from the Still album from NIN of course.

Ray
11-07-2009, 12:51 PM
I wanted to kill the artist when I first heard it.

Wanted to kill him so hard.

... who didn't want to kill him? :D

Breathe In- Frou Frou
Half Life- Imogen Heap
o_o
The Opening to 'Lucky Star' (forgot the name... like something that has to do with a sailor uniform)- HOLY SHIT this show is crazy...
o_o
Come Here Boy- Imogen Heap (sexxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyyyyy)
Back to Black- Amy Winehouse
Soramimi Cake (opening for 'Azumanga Daioh')- What the hell... o_o
Godzilla theme (YES!!!!)
BioHazard Outbreak Opening (the piano one)

:)

I_Am_Nemesis
11-07-2009, 02:51 PM
pretty Green Eyes by Ultrabeat :) this has been one of my faves for a long time

Yalmuk
11-08-2009, 03:43 AM
I have always liked Kate Bush.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv0azq9GF_g

Better than new "stars" like Lady Gaga etc..

BadWolfX
11-09-2009, 02:08 PM
This song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCRE9qOgbug)

All together now.....

Dirty deeds!

Done! With! SHEEP!

nemesiswontdie
11-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Head Like A Hole remix's. The Terrible Lie mix's are the best.

MarkGrass
11-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Ass Itch, Korn (Life Is Peachy)

@nemesiswontdie - Wow. I've been listening to Pretty Hate Machine for nearly two decades, and yet I never knew there were any alt/remix versions of Terrible Lie! o_o *investigates* I wish I could find some alt/remix versions of "Something I Can Never Have"...

DarkMemories
11-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Listening to: various Resident Evil, Silent Hill, and Pokemon soundtracks.

Oh, and "Hello Zepp" occasionally.

Humor Tumor
11-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Dr. Horribles Sing Along Blog

nemesiswontdie
11-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Ass Itch, Korn (Life Is Peachy)

@nemesiswontdie - Wow. I've been listening to Pretty Hate Machine for nearly two decades, and yet I never knew there were any alt/remix versions of Terrible Lie! o_o *investigates* I wish I could find some alt/remix versions of "Something I Can Never Have"...

Yes there is 2 mix's to Terrible Lie. Sympathetic and Empathetic they are both on the Limited Edition Down In It single (UK),Limited Edition Down In It 12 inch vinyl and the Head Like A Hole CD single. Unfortunetly there is no mix's of Something I can Never Have besides the album version and the version on the Natural Born Killers OST which is shorter at the beginning you hear the 2 main characters (forgot their names, I havnt watched it in awhile) arguing and the first verse and then its all instrumental from there on but with some changes in the piano.

Heres Sympathetic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1sE_yBrwnA

Empathetic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOHJwLDwSJM

check out the rest of my videos I only upload the singles and remix albums though never the actual albums. I've currently uploaded The Day The World Went Away.

Ray
11-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Imogen Heap- Tidal
This really neat Tidal remix: http://www.hatestudio.it/tidal.html
Imogen Heap- Angry Angel
MIKA- By The Time
IAMX- President
This really neat cello arrangement by Zoe Keating
RENT cast- Seasons of Love <3
The Eagles- Hotel California
Imogen Heap- Aha! (holy crap what an amazingly creepy song IMO)

aris13
11-13-2009, 04:06 AM
Godzilla theme (YES!!!!)

I was obsessed with this song when the movie came out.:D

MarkGrass
11-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Heres Sympathetic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1sE_yBrwnA

Empathetic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOHJwLDwSJM

Not sure which I prefer better... the Sympathetic version feels more natural and close to the original, but the Empathetic version just simply kicks your ass, especially with the extended outro.

Thanks, nemesiswontdie!

Unfortunetly there is no mix's of Something I can Never Have besides the album version and the version on the Natural Born Killers OST which is shorter at the beginning you hear the 2 main characters (forgot their names, I havnt watched it in awhile) arguing and the first verse and then its all instrumental from there on but with some changes in the piano.

Hmm, i'll have to check out the OST... I remember now that the song is played at some point during that movie. :P

check out the rest of my videos

Nice video/cd-remix collection. And thanks for uploading 'Closer To God'...

nemesiswontdie
11-13-2009, 08:13 AM
np. The Closer To God single was the first one I uploaded but youtube went on a copy right streak and took down 2/3rds of my videos which I can now upload again.
I actually prefer the Sympathetic mix more than Empathetic.

SICNH is played when Mallory and Micky arrive at that one indian guys place.

You want a Terrible Lie that kicks your ass? Its this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w28-px0ZSUA

Canas Renvall
11-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Remind Me (Someone Else's Radio Remix) - Royksopp
"It's only been a week..." :P

MarkGrass
11-13-2009, 02:51 PM
SICNH is played when Mallory and Micky arrive at that one indian guys place.

You want a Terrible Lie that kicks your ass? Its this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w28-px0ZSUA

I vaguely remember - that guy calls them demons while the music plays...?

Hmm, that live version was pretty good, thanks for the link. I've grown pretty fond of this live version, though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wBaQMCE9aQ

nemesiswontdie
11-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Woodstock performance is great. I love Happiness In Slavery with the distortion of the keyboards fucking up on them.

BUT

I believe this version RULES ALL versison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apXa1GsvmFg

and im very mad at myself for liking this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pLj9BoNb1U

TyrackT71
11-14-2009, 12:33 PM
black sabbath BY Black sabbath

TheOvermind001
11-15-2009, 09:28 PM
KMFDM

Sephiroth