Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkside Chronicles Spoiler Forum?

You guys think we need one yet?

I think yes. At TGS Capcom will show a trailer with the new scenario which, I suppose, will be heavily discussed here. There are members who would like to not know any details about it other than basic info. And we all know that Capcom really likes to reveal lots of details in their trailers.
    Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 09-12-2009, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Rather than an entire sub-forum, a simple stickied topic for all the spoiler discussion would be fine, no ? It doesn't seem to have as much buzz coming into the final months as RE5 did. So I don't think an entire forum would be necessary.

Comment

I agree with A-J. I don't think a spoiler forum for DSC is necessary, a spoiler thread would suffice. There's not enough hype over DSC to warrant a forum for it.

Comment

Yeah, maybe just a topic. "DIS IZ A WII GAEM LOL"

Comment

I agree with everything above.

Comment

I shall put my vote behind the topic. There's not a whole helluva lot to spoil so I think a simple sticky topic would be able to cover the game. Of course they could feasibly retool quite a bit of history with the way the game is being portrayed so far. Still I don't think a whole forum is needed for it.

Comment

I think we should just follow the sample of Resident Evil 5 and keep using a "spoilers forum" for upcoming releases. (always appropriately renamed for the latest release, flushed to Umbrella labs after X weeks post-release, closed/inactive/hidden when there's no release "coming up soon")

Sure, Darkside Chronicles isn't as big as Resident Evil 5, but it'll probably still harvest a solid 1 million + in sales (Umbrella Chronicles' sold over a million, and I'd say Darkside Chronicles is a bigger title with larger sale potential), it might be recycling stuff, but there's still probably gonna be enough of a spin on the old content + enough new content to warrant a proper sub-forum (as one topic can't possibly be enough, especially if people are gonna start touching specific scenarios post-release).

It doesn't matter if it'll be slightly inactive. That'll just reflect the general forum care/hype for Darkside Chronicles, and not actual overall forum activity (Which on its own can be interesting data to harvest, just for future referencing and comparison to future titles)

Anyway, I say we open a spoiler forum called "The Darkside", or evt. just "Darkside Chronicles" (RE5's was called Kijuju, just for reference)

We should probably get the forum up around/after TGS, as I guess that's when the last official news/spoilers release will be...

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                  I think we should just follow the sample of Resident Evil 5 and keep using a "spoilers forum" for upcoming releases. (always appropriately renamed for the latest release, flushed to Umbrella labs after X weeks post-release, closed/inactive/hidden when there's no release "coming up soon")

Sure, Darkside Chronicles isn't as big as Resident Evil 5, but it'll probably still harvest a solid 1 million + in sales (Umbrella Chronicles' sold over a million, and I'd say Darkside Chronicles is a bigger title with larger sale potential), it might be recycling stuff, but there's still probably gonna be enough of a spin on the old content + enough new content to warrant a proper sub-forum (as one topic can't possibly be enough, especially if people are gonna start touching specific scenarios post-release).

It doesn't matter if it'll be slightly inactive. That'll just reflect the general forum care/hype for Darkside Chronicles, and not actual overall forum activity (Which on its own can be interesting data to harvest, just for future referencing and comparison to future titles)

Anyway, I say we open a spoiler forum called "The Darkside", or evt. just "Darkside Chronicles" (RE5's was called Kijuju, just for reference)

We should probably get the forum up around/after TGS, as I guess that's when the last official news/spoilers release will be...
                  this
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Yeah i'm behind a full sub-forum to it as well.

Topics here often get way too heated than they should, and i'm sure there's going to be lots of whining about stuff that's not even related to the game (certain female characters not involved perhaps) so it will at least keep things a bit cleaner.

It's not going to harm anyone having a little sub-forum at the top. It worked for RE5, and let's be honest, Darkside Chronicles' story will please people a lot more than RE5's did, in that it's firmly rooted in the series' history.

I'd say just put one up everytime there's a new game on the way, like RE: Portable also.

Comment

I doint think spoilers are that necessary most of us knows what happens in RE2 and CV but I think it's only necessary to place spoilers on the new scenario.

Comment

Everyone thought they knew what happened in the games covered in Umbrella Chronicles, but that game added things so there's no reason to think Darkside Chronicles won't do the same.

Comment

I'll add the sub forum idea. Carn raised some good points.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
                            Everyone thought they knew what happened in the games covered in Umbrella Chronicles, but that game added things so there's no reason to think Darkside Chronicles won't do the same.
                            I gess your right on that point there will be some changes but nothing that will change the main plot of each game.

Comment

Enough to drive people crazy with anger though haha

Comment

Working...
                              X