X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill 2 - Movie Confirmed

Yes, it has been confirmed:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...4722a77d02496f

, I liked the first one, it's one of the best videogame based films in my opinion (after Tomb Raider), lets hope hey keep the atmosphere, and I really hope they make it from the SH2 game, and forget about the cult and all that... I know this wount hapen...

So Avery is returning, even though most people complain about the crappy script and dialogues in the first movie... :|

At least I hope Gans will also return.
    Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 09-15-2009, 09:38 AM.

Comment

i thought it was decent at least, a bit game, a bit original

Comment

Spoilers of the first Silent Hill movie for those that care!!!!

An easy sequel this, Sean Beans character gets letters from Rose telling him to come to Silent Hill, while he's there he meets the illustrious Pyramid Head in a crazy voyage into his dark secrets.

A way to sequel the first, and a clever adaptation of Silent Hill 2, I honestly felt that's what they were setting up with the ending of the first one, despite the late decision addition of Sean Bean's character.
        http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
        http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
        Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

I thought it was also confirmed, or at least rumored, to take place three years after the first SH movie (HMM.... ).

I loved the first movie, as I usually do with video game movies (except Uwe Boll movies, ugh), but this is one of my favorite video game movies. I'm really excited to see what twisted secrets Christopher (Sean Bean's character, not the director of the first one XD) has... and how his personal descent into hell looks.

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
            Spoilers of the first Silent Hill movie for those that care!!!!

An easy sequel this, Sean Beans character gets letters from Rose telling him to come to Silent Hill, while he's there he meets the illustrious Pyramid Head in a crazy voyage into his dark secrets.

A way to sequel the first, and a clever adaptation of Silent Hill 2, I honestly felt that's what they were setting up with the ending of the first one, despite the late decision addition of Sean Bean's character.
            That... that is some great idea!!! it would be relly good if it was like that

Comment

Yea Sean Bean's character was one of my favorite parts of the movie even though he doesn't have that much screen-time...great actor.
              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

It's no real news that a sequel was coming, but i'm glad it's finally getting somewhere. I really enjoyed the first movie, i just pray they don't cast Sean Bean and the studio execs have the common sense to stay out of it this time.

Comment

I just hope they drop the awful version of the cult they had where it was 'Burn the unclean!' rather than, 'Raise the unclean and make a God!' It would also be nice if Sammy got a mention this time.

I always assumed Sean Bean got added because someone pointed out they'd cut all the male characters out (Harry, Kaufman) and figured they should have at least one that wasn't a crazy cultist asshole. The only flaw I can see with going the Silent Hill 2 game route with this is Christopher's dark secret. We know he didn't kill his wife and whatever dark secret in his past must be seriously well buried, because otherwise they'd never have been allowed to adopt, which rules out any death with even a sniff of murder.

Comment

Originally posted by [STARS]TyranT View Post
                    No, no, no. That would just not work as a proper SH2 adaptation.

The key plot point in SH2 was that James actually had killed his wife but didn't want to acknowledge this; the town was forcing him to realize what he did; everything in the game - from settings, to places James visits, enemies he is fighting with, characters he meets - is there because of this.

Making an adaptation of SH2 where Chris is looking for Rose would be like making an adaptation of "Crime and Punishment" where Raskolnikov doesn't kill the pawnbroker - it would make no sense at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                      No, no, no. That would just not work as a proper SH2 adaptation.

The key plot point in SH2 was that James actually had killed his wife but didn't want to acknowledge this; the town was forcing him to realize what he did; everything in the game - from settings, to places James visits, enemies he is fighting with, characters he meets - is there because of this.

Making an adaptation of SH2 where Chris is looking for Rose would be like making an adaptation of "Crime and Punishment" where Raskolnikov doesn't kill the pawnbroker - it would make no sense at all.
                      I was going to post that the possibility of the writers adding in "dark secrets" would be cheap, but they could do it. The readiness (besides one of a maternal nature) of Rose to leave Christopher and go to Silent Hill might indicate something lighter such as adultery. They don't need to use SH2's story as a crutch, just inspiration as they did with the first one. Oh and a much, much better writer.

Aside from that I enjoyed your comparison. Dostoevsky's one of my favorite authors, and it's been a while since I've seen a reference to him online, where it isn't primarily about literature.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        I always assumed Sean Bean got added because someone pointed out they'd cut all the male characters out (Harry, Kaufman) and figured they should have at least one
                        Thats where the studio execs came in, originally his little side story wasnt in the movie, but the execs thought that a male character should be added in since every other video game to movie adaptation have female leads. Studio execs are morons, and everytime they stick their nose in and mess with a movie, it ruins it completely.

Comment

ah wow this is great news the first film was great (i dont really play the games so it was basically just a horror film to me) and scared me a bit so i cant wait to see if they do as well in the second installment

Comment

The silent hill movie was one of the best video game movies ever.
                            It captured the look and fell of the game and thats whats important. Hopefully they'll fix some of the plot problems from the last one.

Comment

The look and the feel were good, I think no one will argue with that. The director did and incredible job. My main concern is that the biggest issues were with the plot and the random and sometimes unnescery changes. Much of it was just...wrong feeling, and hurt the atmosphere. The crazy Christian Cult and Christabella came off almost as, ironically, a witch hunt.

My main concern is the director doesn't seem to be comming back, and he's the guy who did all the good bits. The guy responsible for the story is making a return. This does not inspire me with confidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X