Patrick Swayze dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Swayze dead

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Patrick Swayze died today aged 57. He's the star of movies such as Ghost and Dirty Dancing, and died after having pancreatic cancer.

yea i heard about this on my way home from work, poor guy has been battling cancer for a while now.

Comment

Emma, you're quite late to the party, darling. http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=50

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
        Emma, you're quite late to the party, darling. http://www.the-horror.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=50
        Perhaps she just thinks it's own-thread-worthy and think it deserved something a bit more tasteful than "throw another one on the list".
        Last edited by Stu; 09-15-2009, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Ghost is a pretty cool guy. Eh yells at Whoppi Goldberg and kisses Demi More and doesn't afraid of anything.

Comment

Aye I've not really seen over much of his work, but the Beast is meant to be amazing, and Ghost is still amazing and funny and tragic and hopeful to this day.
            http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
            http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
            Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
              Perhaps she just thinks it's own-thread-worthy and think it deserved something a bit more tasteful than "throw another one on the list".
              Yeah, what he said ^ lol. Everyone else has had their own topic so I don't see why Mr Swayze shouldn't.

It's quite sad, particularly though because I feel for his wife. She was 14 when she met him and they've never known anything else, loved eachother all their life. It must be terrible for her. I rang up a customer at work earlier and they had "She's Like The Wind" playing in the background.

Comment

My cousin's pet hamster died last week. I feel like that deserves its own topic, so I'm gonna go make it now...

Comment

Whilst i'm sure i speak on behalf of everyone when i saw we're sorry for your loss, it's still good to see you've taken what's been said in this thread so well.

Comment

Either way, I still posted about his death first, so I am the winner.

Comment

The reason I think Patrick's death is so much more tragic than some of the others this year is that he was at his core a decent human being. He fought this disease tooth and nail and still made time to work on his project The Beast at the same time. He chose to not sit down and call it a day but to make the last days of his life worth something and made the best of them. To me that is legendary. Raise your glass to Patrick and share a toast.

Comment

This sucks. I grew up on that clay-scene form Ghost. lol. But, in all seriousness, I feel bad he died.

Comment

"Nobody puts Baby in a corner."

That quote changed my life. Well that, and the kickbutt action of "Roadhouse."

I guess now Swayze will be "The Cooler" for Heaven.

Comment

The name is Dalton....

Legendary

Also loved him in Next of Kin. Red Dawn, Letters from a Killer, Point Break. And who can forget North and South. His skits on SNL were outstanding and hilarious as well.
                            Last edited by Agent_Wong; 09-15-2009, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Patrick Swayze: The Best Moments

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X