[PRESENT] RE3 Mod Minigame: Rebecca's Escape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PRESENT] RE3 Mod Minigame: Rebecca's Escape

(Ok, first of all I hope the title is correct. If it is not, admins may feel free to fix it.)

Well, I am here to introduce the new project of a brazilian RE fansite called CT-STARS. This site is owned by my boyfriend and I've been helping him since I closed my own site. This mod project is both mine and his so that's why I am here to talk about it.

The title says it all: Rebecca's Escape is a minigame based on Resident Evil 3. It tells how Rebecca escaped from Raccoon City. The day is September 29 and it will take place after Jill leaves in the cable car and before Leon and Claire get in the city. But before she gets out, Rebecca needs to collect a few evidences to help finish the Umbrella once and for all.

The game is still in development and we started working on it after seeing many videos of Dark Biohazard. Yes, it was such a huge inspiration to us, Dominion is the "master of modding" and such a nice guy.

Here are a few videos of the game:

Teaser Trailer:
    English: This is a fangame developed by Romhacking Group - CT-FYFRE Portal [www.ct-stars.com].With provisory title, this game will talk about the suppose esc...

Gameplay #1:
    Resident Evil: Rebecca's Escape is based on Resident Evil 3 game. This project want to talk about the escape of Rebecca Chambers of the Raccoon City incident...

A few pictures of Rebecca:

About her costume: Rebecca is wearing some kind of S.T.A.R.S. training uniform. This was made for her to use during training days, that's why there is the red cross symbol in the back.

How we choose Rebecca: Archives book says Rebecca is dead but many fans (specially in Brazil) love the character and hope to see her someday back in the series. We know Capcom and we know they have probably forgotten about her so... this is totally a fan game for RE fans. That's a chance to see Rebecca again.

Hope you guys like it and please leave your comments, specially supporting ones. Modifications are too much hard work but I am sure the final results will be worth it.
    http://www.residentevildatabase.com
    Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Well I certainly like the item replacements/movements and edited text.

Her model needs more work though, I understand you noted it's hard to make mods, but her clothes are solid colours, and hre face is rather deformed.

Either way, I admire your determination, and its nice as we don't have many mods for RE.
    Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Gradon; 09-19-2009, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Actually no, Archives does not say Rebecca is dead, it is a typo caused by the poor translation.
      Good luck with your mod, it looks promising.

Comment

Yeah, Rebecca lives. For now. Not that it does much good...

Looks interesting, I must admit. I agree with Gradon...the premise is solid and interesting, but the models needs some touching up. Try talking to Enrico and heading to his forum for some tips on character skins. The man is a dark lord of modding.

Comment

That looks pretty cool!!

Comment

Best piece of advise I can give is to learn to use Layers within photoshop/Paintshop pro or what ever paint application you use. Several of the useful Layer effects are Darken, Soft/Hard Light, multiply and overlay. Using these with the Opacity, you can either redraw the shadows for your texture or with some jiggery pokery, use the original texture to restore some of the shading.

Comment

Looks interesting.Can't wait to see more video's.
              sigpic
              www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Hi!

This Project MOD is still in production and we got some advances in Sourcecode of RE3 Engine and development.
                This work is very slow, but the results come... with patience and love to the RE Series.

Rebecca will be totally remade. This subject is the most discussed in Brazilian Communities and we have decided to listen to the visitors in our website CT-STARS too.

Above some pictures of the project:

The game will be released in Portuguese and English versions.
                More information soon.

Thanks to all!
                Last edited by Flag King; 10-26-2010, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flag King View Post
                  Rebecca will be totally remade. This subject is the most discussed in Brazilian Communities and we have decided to listen to the visitors in our website CT-STARS too.
                  Nice to hear that.

My major complain about the game when a guy created a topic about it in other brazilian community, was the poor design of Rebecca's model.
                  I'll looking forward to see what you guys can came up with.

A little work on the scenario featured on the last image would be nice too, maybe make it "darker", to fit more nicely with the other scenarios.

Good luck with the mod.
                  Last edited by Davi Redfield; 06-02-2010, 10:00 PM.

Comment

I like the idea, it needs a lot of work, though. Keep it up!

This mod will satisfied those Becca fans out there, wondering if she managed to escape from Raccoon City.

Comment

Looks interesting, good luck with this!
                      Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Haha awesome job, I'm exoecting more from your works. Looking at this makes me wanna replay RE3 haha.

Comment

Lots of things have already changed since my boyfriend took these screenshots. We are currently lacking of free time to keep working on Rebecca's Escape but we've been focused on the background story and events. We want to bring lots of references to other characters (not just main characters but even secondary ones, the ones we don't think of too much) and past events from Rebecca's life.
                          Doesn't matter if it is not an official game, it could become some sort of "version of the facts" to many fans, that's why we are not in a huge hurry to finish this project. We are doing this with lots of love and devotion we have for RE series.
                          http://www.residentevildatabase.com
                          Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

Here is a new picture of this project. This is a new part of Raccoon City and part of a new scenario. We are doing our best to make the new scenarios graphically "compatible" to the RE3 scenarios.

Comment

great job man, any way your gonna marry a demo using the RE3 demo?

Comment

Working...
                              X