Resident Evil 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil 5.. So. What are people's opinions on the trailer and various information we have recieved about it so far.

It sounds promising in my opinion and I really liked the trailer, gave us not so much information but a good setting etc.

Funny thing, I really havn't seen it yet. Im so unimpressed by 4. Not saying 4 is a bad game, just not used to it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by chrism3784
      Funny thing, I really havn't seen it yet. Im so unimpressed by 4. Not saying 4 is a bad game, just not used to it yet.
      I was over-impressed by 4. Difference of opinion. xD I love four it concreted my fanboyism into the series.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

There's it if you want to see it.

Comment

One of my favorite things is the reluctance to embrace something that isn't the same recycled and inefficient system from 1996, to the point where the innovation and improvement of the newest installment is completely disregarded.

Comment

Wow, unbelievable. It has come a long way. It probably won't be for a while till I get a ps3, and get that game.
          Last edited by chrism3784; 08-18-2006, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chrism3784
            Wow, unbelievable.
            In a nutshell.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the next time we see it, it looks like another game or is for that matter. They claimed it was running in real time last July (I think it was?) then they said they hadn't even begun working on it yet a few months back, how does that work? The video is likely a rough estimation of how they hope it will look and if PS3 games so far are anything to go buy I would say it will look 40-60% as good as it does there.

Did any of you look up Tekken 6 from E3 05 then look at the trailer at 06? I would like to know how they could guess so far off the mark with that one. It looked more like a enhanced Tekken Dark Resurrection to me.

Comment

Different developers have different abilities. If Dead Rising is any indication I think they are doing a fine job, not quite the quality of the trailer for RE5 but probably close to it.

Comment

Production Studio 2 has a lot of people there, in addition to crossover employees from other departments (including 4's Masachika Kawata who's working on the game). Too many examples to mention.. in addition to some examples of the same team producing titles of VERY different qualities (DMC2 and DMC3); that's another matter though.

It's more than safe to assume that the RE5 team is the biggest yet for a project. They've got developers from various departments working on it, who previously worked on the earlier games, and for the first time, they've got two platforms to worry about. Having said that, I have no doubt that the game will be well crafted in every way possible.. this isn't going to be another DMC2.

I rambled enough lol.. my point is, same department =/ same developers (entirely that is)
                  Last edited by Umon Daisuke; 08-20-2006, 10:50 PM.

Comment

As far as I know, that's an old video, and released during the time that all the PS3 videos being shown were not even using actual PS3 hardware. If that were the case, it puts a pretty big dent in saying it was real-time.

Comment

Yeah that video was released quite a while back and to be honest the graphics aren't "brilliant" as such. Final Fantasy XIII, now that's a trailer that satisfied my real-time and gaming needs. ^^;

Comment

FFXIII isnt that great, take a look past the models in anything that they claim to be ingame, meaning not the CGI. The backgrounds are nothing special.

Comment

Originally posted by Borman
                          FFXIII isnt that great, take a look past the models in anything that they claim to be ingame, meaning not the CGI. The backgrounds are nothing special.
                          Regardless. It looks good overrall.

Comment

Sure, but its nothing special ;)

Comment

Meh. I guess I appreciate Final Fantasy quite alot.

Comment

Working...
                              X