the last 10 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the last 10 years

ok so me and few friends were talking today about how the 2000's have sucked big time. What do you guys have to say about the 2000's?

Me personally I didnt care for the 2000's (I prefer the 90's).

2005 - 2007 were pretty rad. Just sayin'.

Comment

2007 completely sucked balls for me. My father died then. I'd say 1993/4~2001 were pretty good. 2002~2004 were ok.

Comment

It's hard for me to say because the 90s were obviously the first 10 years of my life, my childhood. Everyone misses their childhood, I sure do. 2001-2003 were fun, 2004-2006 really sucked and 2007 onwards have been really good. The 90s were also the prime era for RE. If you look in my English exercise books from Year 5 in infant school (I'd have been about 9 ish I think?), in the story writing exercise you'll find a story I wrote about a police officer called Leon S. Kennedy who is driving along the road and finds someone in the road, and gets ambushed by zombies. Childhood plagarism ftw!
        Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 09-20-2009, 08:00 AM.

Comment

I've prefered the 2000 era. Became an adult and moved out of the hideous hellhole that was my home town.

Comment

Since the better half of my life has been in the last 10 years, i'd have to say I prefer this era as well :p

Comment

well since i was born in 1992 i was to young to experience much of the 90's but in the 2000's ive grown up and lived most of my teenage life which included lots of partying, hardwork, big changes, big losses etc so for me the 2000's have been a real rollercoaster with a few bathroom breaks in between rides

Comment

I also love the 2000's, cause i'm an adult now, and i'm aware of a lots of stuff that i didn0t realize bfore.

Comment

I think decades are different for different people. Like someone had said, relatives close to you could've passed away, you could've been laid off from work, you could've filed for bankruptcy...so I think it's all relative. But, looking at this decade, there has been quite a lot of shit hitting the fan: 9/11, War on Terror(terrorist attacks in general), the tsunami, Iraq War pt. 2, Hurricane Katrina, the economic depression to name a few.

Again, though...bad things happen all the time. It's tough to say. For me personally, I turned 11 in 2000, so the 90's for me were just one big blur of childhood. Lots of fun things happened, and I was naive -- so I guess I enjoyed the 90's more, because it was in the 2000's that I realized how much of a mind-fuck shithole the world really can be.

Comment

It was an odd time for me. I was born in 1983 (yikes), so the beginning of the 2000's were my most ambitious and aspirational times. I was heavily into gaming and movies likewise and desperately wanted to get into the film industry - over the years (and 2006 saw some reasonable success with regard to media production) i've since become less and less interested in movies as I can't stand where cinema is at the minute with this reboot/remake culture, and now have gotten into gaming even more. My aspirations have now shifted and I wouldn't mind being in the gaming industry on the side of journalism. My cousin is likewise and he's brought me onto his new website and we are starting to see reasonable success.

Definately a transitional time for me, lost contact with lots of friends, gained some more, lost contact with them. Now I just grind at work with people I don't really like all that much, but at least it pays and i'm now living with my fiancee in a house we actually own as opposed to rent, so i'm happy if nothing else.
                    http://www.projectumbrella.net The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium
                    http://twitter.com/STARS_TyranT
                    Review and contributor for www.thexbutton.co.uk

Comment

This decade has been a rollercoaster for me to be honest.
                      I had this transition from fucked up teenager to responsable adult... when I was in highschool I almost quit studying, I had a one year hiatus and then I finished it on an open system, made my test to enter UNAM (Mexico's best university if you ask me) and got in to get my Communications degree (halfway there!). Then my dad got broke, and I had to take care of the house's income (I live with my dad, my mom passed away when I was very young and my two sisters are married and have their own problems...).

So it's kind of a bittersweet decade if you ask me.
                      Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 09-20-2009, 06:08 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

I think the 2000's have been pretty crappy to me lol. I think in terms of movies/music, the 90's were ALOT better, but of course that's just personal preferance. Like CR29 said, many terrible things have happened in the past 10 years, but it is my own experiences during this time that is to blame for my opinion. I finished high school in 2004(all the years previous sucked because, well, I was in high school), worked at a BBQ resteraunt called "Mark's Feed Store" as a cook in 2005, quit in 2006 to go to a better paying job with benefits in a warehouse.

At the warehouse I made about five dollars more, but it was roughly around 65 hour weeks with mandatory overtime every night, not to mention the warehouse was 95 degrees during the summer. I decided after a year(noticing that everyone around me was in their 40's and 50's), that I should pursue a better career so I wouldn't have to sweat my ass of doing labor the rest of my life. So I quit and went to college, got an associate's in graphic design...and 1 year, un-employed and 30,000 dollars deeper in debt later, here I am lol. Hopefully things will pick up soon, but as far as my own experiences go, this decade was just one big smack in the face with reality for me.
                        Last edited by REmaster; 09-20-2009, 06:38 PM.
                        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

For me, the 00's have been pretty uneventful. I mean, apart from growing older and hairier, nothing much has happened.

Bring back the 80's! At least we had some decent music then.

Comment

Well I do miss the 90's there was some good time but 2009 has been my fave in the 2000's era my sister got marrided and 2006 my antie got married but the rest but the rest of 2000 era was bad in 2005 my Grandad died then in 2006 my IT techer got murdered and one of my freinds died in a car accident he was trowen out the front window and died 2 days after so I was really deprestesd all they all died in less then a year so talk about been deprested and last year my Nana died off lung cancer.
                            Last edited by Sephiroth; 09-21-2009, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Isn't it amazing that another whole decade has almost gone by? Wow...

But anyways, for me I think the 00's have been pretty neutral, not good, but not bad either. I liked the first half of this decade better than the second half.

Comment

Working...
                              X