Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[PRESENT] Save Hacks [RE5 - Xbox 360] (LOTS OF PICS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PRESENT] Save Hacks [RE5 - Xbox 360] (LOTS OF PICS)

I been messing around mainly with save editors for Fallout 3 but then I found out someone made a save editor (albeit a primitive one) for RE5. So I had a mess around and this is what I did:

The Flamethrower.

The Flamethrower killing a chicken, the only enemy in the game I've been able to kill with it so far. The Flamethrower does actually work on all enemies (aka, there is hit detection), it just doesn't kill them, it makes them go into the animation as though they were set on fire with an incendiary grenade and fall down. But they will get back up everytime.

Okay next up is a comparison shot between a normal Rocket Launcher (top pic) and the Rocket Launcher I hacked in called "RPG-7 NVS" (bottom). You can see the differences for yourself, I noticed the RPG-7 NVS wooden barrel seems and bit fatter, the back of the launcher is darker/dull and most notably, it has a bigger scope. You can even see the scope on the Rocket Launcher icon in the lower right.

Here's a better shot of the scope on the RPG-7 NVS:

Now this is the lamp, it looks horribly deformed when equipped and doesn't seem to work in this area, it worked earlier in the game before you actually acquire it so my guesses is once you are past the area where you acquire it properly, it stops working.

Here it is working:

Desert Eagle equipped with Flamethrower in the inventory:

Hydra equipped with the Flamethrower in the inventory:

Sheva with the Flamethrower and Chris with the LTD (Spoiler:
    ):

Aiming with the LTD and no it doesn't work unfortunately but it does light up on targets:

Finally I screened this shot of the inventory because this is the first time I've seen all the weapons look right, normally the hacked weapons have the icons of pistols or shotguns.

I was going to make a video and upload it to YouTube but my friends talked me out of it because they were afraid too many people would report me thus getting me banned from Xbox Live.
    Last edited by Vixtro; 09-20-2009, 10:17 AM.

That's pretty nifty stuff. Probably not a wise idea to do a video either. The flamethrower was the only thing that I really wanted to use outside the Uroboros room. The rest of them are pretty useless.

Comment

if you come here under the floor then you will see beta locations which are better than locations which were used in 1-2.
      Last edited by B@sterd; 05-11-2010, 01:02 AM. Reason: //

Comment

Vixtro, just curious. What tools do you use to transfer saves? I was thinking of purchasing XSATA for the 360 to mod Oblivion saves which is what alot of people use. The problem is it's $50 bucks, are there cheaper alternatives or is that pretty much it?

Comment

I got a cable for just £5 from HK on eBay, he even gave me disk full of cover art, game saves, game updates etc.
          XSATA is a fucking rip-off, too much money for something you can get 10% cheaper.
          I have the RE5 tool myself, I'll upload it onto MediaFire and linkage here.

Adapter:
          Get the best deals for xbox 360 transfer cable at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

Linkage:
          MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.
          Last edited by Gradon; 05-14-2010, 09:27 AM.

Comment

You can transfer saves using USB's after the recent 360 dashboard update that lets you save stuff on USB's too

no need for adapters and cables and such.

All you need is a software called USB XTaf Explorer to be able to browse and extract saves from your 360-ified USB stick and appropriate modding programs for the game who's save you want to mod.

Did that with ME2 myself recently

Last edited by A-J; 05-14-2010, 09:42 AM.

Comment

They actually added support now?
              Wow, thats shocking. All you need is the software then.
              Hehe. Cheers aj.

Comment

Yeah people were modding saves anyway, but with that recent update to allow USB mass storage devices they just opened the flood gates.

I used an Xbox 360 HDD transfer kit to do it back then.

Comment

Another interesting thing you can do via savegame editing is changing the player characters, I discovered the value for it a few months ago.

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_...ic=13514&st=20 - In the middle of this page there's a tutorial for how to change the value.

Note that this only works for the versions of the game prior RE5 Gold. So that means no Excella, Barry or Rebecca in story mode unfortunately (Josh works, but he has the same animations as Chris, basically you're controlling the same Josh which AI controls during 3-2). And yeah, it's also quite buggy. It may crash in places and some coop doors might be impossible to interact with.
                  Last edited by Sectus; 10-23-2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X