[Question] Editing RE4/PC Weapons Stats? [RE4/PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Editing RE4/PC Weapons Stats? [RE4/PC]

Hey, folks. Long time REFan (Since a fateful night in '96 at my local Blockbuster's), first time poster, not.. *totally* newbish at game modding.

I saw this here:
    A quick run-through of the first area from Resident Evil 4 (the PC version) using the mods/skins that I've worked on. The ones present in this video are:Tige...

Just in the first couple seconds, when it flashes to his Case, it shows he has two weapons with magazine capacities in the hundreds. He says this is a Mod. Now, all I want to know is..

_Which File(s) contain the specific weapon stats (Rate of Fire, Reload, Ammo Type, Magazine Capacity, etc.)?
    _What, if any, programs might be needed to fusker with them?
    _The strings I should be looking for, if you all know what they may be?

The purpose behind this is to create a Mod for my own personal enjoyment, utilizing weapon skins made by others, and setting the appropriate stats for those weapons to more realistic amounts. Here's an example:
    Punisher-> Heckler & Koch USP
    MagCap-> 10/13/15/18/20
    Now, the USP does have 10 round mags (for Teh Brady Bill), and the USP-9 Compact is designed for a 13 round magazine, while a 15 round (USP-9 Standard) and 18-round (USP Elite) exist. The 20-rounds mag just assumes a +2 baseplate extender (possible with Glock and Beretta mags, etc.) or whatnot.

Anyhow, it seems to be *possible* to do, but I'm not sure where to look or what, quite, to look for when I get there. I've modded other games on a low level (CoD4, SoF2, DooM, various Command & Conquer games), but they all have nice little plain-text configuration files that are a snap to tinker with.

I do want to stress that I *WOULD NOT* under *ANY CIRCUMSTANCES* even think about slapping together some Mod with other people's skins, release it on the 'Net, and call it all my own work. That's just disrespectful. I'm merely looking to satisfy my own Firearms OCD and tinker with the game for my own enjoyment, nothing else.

By the way, Enrico, if you read this, I've seen your work on RE2 stuff. I want to get in to tinkering with that, as well, at a later date (again, personal pleasure only) and I want to thank you for all the stuff you've given us REFans over the years.

Anyhow, thanks for reading this. I hope you folks can help.
    Last edited by DanKnyphausen; 09-22-2009, 08:19 AM.

Can't be done.All the weapon stats are hardcoded into the .exe and we can barely crack it open.

Comment

D'aww.. nuts. Thank you, though, Blacktail, that answered my question. Looks like I'll have to wait a while. The settings and stuff for C&C95 (the original Command & Conquer) are like that, too, and it did take the C&C Modding Community a few years to crack it, so I have confidence it can be done. Though, on a side note, how d'you suppose that one guy in the video did it? Cheat codes or something like that, is my guess...

Comment

If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Well! Thank YOU Kev! May the future give you all the tea you could ever drink. Very handy.. very tasty..

Comment

Working...
          X