Roleplaying! Do you game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roleplaying! Do you game?

Just wondering, really, but does anyone here roleplay? Serious question. And if you do, what is your preferred medium?
    Pen & paper (World of Darkness, GURPS, Twilight 2000, and the infamous Dungeons & Dragons)?
    Online (in chatrooms and IM's - freeform or themed/specific universe)?
    MMO (WoW, Gaia, etc.)?
    Do you like the imaginitive challenge of "structured gaming" (MMO's and P&P), or the freedom to just play as you see fit and react to 'whatever' (Online)?

I'm rather curious, after seeing some really well-thought-out and imaginitive stuff around here. I've been RP'ing for over ten years, online.

Yeah, I do. I play a variety of table top systems (not, however, D&D - always found them unnesecerily complex) and on a forum. It's good, wholesome fun. Even the ones with the sex. And drugs. And ultraviolence.

Comment

I love, love, love RPing. Been doing it for 10 years myself, actually (I was 7!). I usually do it online. IMs, chatrooms, and forums. Ever heard of Groupboard?

Comment

I enjoy roleplaying, although I've only really done it on a Forum. I love them simply because they give me a chance to be creative. It's good practise.

Comment

I don't do Message Boards myself - I should have put that as an option/medium, my apologies for the omission. But, that's actually where my fiancee got her start. Some Marvel related board. I started RP'ing.. in a Resident Evil chatroom (dun-dun-duhhh)!

What tabletop systems are you into, Darkmoon?

Comment

Call of Cthulhu, Dark Heresy and the Serenity roleplaying system are my personal favourites, although I have played a few others (World of Darkness, Paranoia, D&D, GURPS etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
              Call of Cthulhu, Dark Heresy and the Serenity roleplaying system are my personal favourites, although I have played a few others (World of Darkness, Paranoia, D&D, GURPS etc.)
              ah cool i never knew that Serenity had a role playing game, i LOVE the film (sadly i never got to see the show).

Comment

...blashphemer! Hang up your brown coat in shame and then go buy the series. Because if you like the movie you'll love the series.

Also, buy these; http://www.margaretweis.com/wp/game-products/serenity/

Comment

As mentioned at some point in the past; We had a couple of horrifying summers of D&D (D20) action going on at my place at one point. (at the largest, we had like 12 people + DM going)

Sometimes using the same characters in multiple adventures, other times using new characters, sometimes pre-scripted/bought scenarios, other times using self-made adventures. Good times... Good times...

Also did a little bit of table top stuff for a short period (LotR), but it kinda died like a short lived fad

Also used to be rather heavy into various TCGs (mostly the hated type! Spellfire, Star Wars TCG, Pokémon, etc... )

Had some time of MMO-ing too... Ragnarok Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Ultima Online and a few other thingies. MMOs just aint my thing, unless there's a solid crowd thing going or the game is actually designed like a game somewhat decently playable on your own (RO+SWG = Pure love in my book)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                    ...blashphemer! Hang up your brown coat in shame and then go buy the series. Because if you like the movie you'll love the series.

Also, buy these; http://www.margaretweis.com/wp/game-products/serenity/
                    haha il definately buy the TV show and quite possibly the games too i just found the entire series for about £13 on amazon cant wait til i get payed now. Also the novelisation of the film was pretty good too

Comment

i love to roleplay, mostly online. IMs, chatrooms, ext.
                      Last edited by chris redfield; 09-28-2009, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Gareth's really into roleplaying and I'm interested in trying it myself. I sat next to him when he did a Star Trek RP and found it interesting. As I said in the happy topic, me and Gaz are going to Darkmoon's place this weekend to hit up a bit of Call of Cthulhu, which is definitely up my street and I'll probably love it, cos I'm a big H.P Lovecraft fan and the element of horror really interests me. I'm probably gonna do a middle class, fairly well off socialite with an art for seduction who ends up in the wrong place at the wrong time. (I fancy doing a seductive character after a constant Battlestar Galactica marathon. Number Six rules.)

Comment

I do old school D&D, Vampire: The Masquerade, RE based RPs, and...yeah, that's about it. :B

Comment

Originally posted by YamiYumes View Post
                            I do old school D&D, Vampire: The Masquerade, RE based RPs, and...yeah, that's about it. :B
                            What system do you use for Resident Evil? I'm getting a few opinions on a good system based on a zombie survival horror game

Comment

Originally posted by ganado View Post
                              What system do you use for Resident Evil? I'm getting a few opinions on a good system based on a zombie survival horror game
                              It's REALLY heavily based on story, and not so much on actual combat...but when you do get into a scuffle, we normally use D&D dice to roll. The character's stats and special abilities play a roll, so we'll normally add rolls to it if they're especially good at something, or subtract them if they're awful at it.

Ex. Cop sees zombie. Decides to take it out. He gets an additional roll since he's had firearms training, therefore giving him more of a likelihood to hit said zombie.

Same scenario with a regular college student. They get a penalty roll because they probably have no idea wtf it is they're doing.

..I hope that answers your question xD I kinda went off on a tangent there D:

Comment

Working...
                              X