[PRESENT] A video of a weird mod I found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PRESENT] A video of a weird mod I found

Not sure if anyone's seen this before. I found a video of this fan made game(?) while searching Japanese Biohazard sites.

It looks like it uses assets from a few games, including remake and CV and outbreak? I don't think it's Japanese, I think it's Taiwanese. The link on the video doesn't work, but there is an email there too. Maybe someone here wants to look into it?

I'm not sure if this is a mod, or a ground up think or even something else entirely, so I'm not sure if this is in the right section. If it's not, just move the post or delete the post as necessary.
    sigpic

Looks like it is a ground up. Looks like a good attempt though the animations do
    suck a bit, mainly on the zombies since they don't seem to shamble.

Comment

I thought the animations were from OB (zombies) and CV (Hunter).
      I'm not an expert though.
      sigpic

Comment

I may be wrong as its been a while since I've played outbreak but i thought the zombies in that had a swaying effect whilst moving, where as the animations in the vid seem a little too clean and clinical (what I mean is lacking any form of character, things I've been learning at Uni).

Comment

http://thetong.exteen.com/20070627/r...t-evil-rangsit - The guys website. He also has a YouTube channel where he mentions the area is based on his college near Bangcok. I agree with Enrico though...the backgrounds are entirely from real life, which is vaguel creepy on it's own, but the animations look wrong for any of the RE games.

Comment

I can't get the video to work. Says "Technical difficulties have prevented this video from loading. Please reload."

Comment

Try the YouTube might then - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-wejglzZ-A

Comment

^ Yup, it's working. Thanks DM.

Wow, the real backgrounds make this game look very, very cool. This guy did a really good job.
                Last edited by Vector; 09-24-2009, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Yeah there are some perspective/composition issues with the backgrounds; some of them (such as the bathroom) look great, others make the zombies look like they're on top of the girl. Plus the AI of the dogs was balls, though on the whole this mod is impressive.

That Tyrant variant...God damn that was funny, a pure moonshot. "Ehehehehehohoho...ohohohoh."
                  Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 09-24-2009, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Looks just like a video to me.
                    Hes done so many different projects with just videos, the thing is they havnet been updated since 2007.

Comment

Working...
                    X