Resident Evil Outbreak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil Outbreak

Can anyone else just not get into these games? I own both of them and I have played both of them twice, I REALLY want to like them but I find them fraustrating. I find the game to be almost broken, between the clunky inventory system and load times ... I have seen people posting and obsessing about them. I bought the second one knowing I probably wouldn't like it but what the hell the RPD in full 3D glory, even that can't seem to grab me enough to put up with all its crap. I think I finished the first scenario on both games and I really think I am done with them, if part 3 comes out I will probably buy it all the same and hope that somehow it is good.

The thing that kind of pisses me off though I avoided various spoilers about the game since I thought I might actually get around to finishing it, and I know there is supposedly characters from past RE games involved (I think there is 3?). Right I would be happy with videos of someone else playing the game (with cutscenes attached) so I could at least so what story elements I am missing. Last I read there was issues with the cutscenes not recording properly? Is there any such videos in existence now does anyone know? By that I mean a full game walkthrough, of either.

I haven't even played Outbreak 2 yet but I've owned it since release. Its just a bad game imo. The load times, Time Limit, Horrible AI....It all just turns me off.

Comment

I enjoyed Outbreak 2 ALOT more than the first, they fixed alot of issues.

Comment

I thiink Outbreak was a failed experiment really, I too want to love it but every time I play it I just end up more frustrated. Its still a good concept, but Capcom just didnt put enough resources into it to make it Great

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal
          Its just a bad game imo. The load times, Time Limit, Horrible AI....It all just turns me off.
          Sadly as much as I love Resident Evil, I'd have to agree.

Comment

I had the same exact problem pogo. Just because it was RE, I wanted to get them and play them. I'm not the kind of person who buys something just to have it, I actually wanted to play them. Ice would always tell me I didn't want to get them, but I bought File 2 anyway. I seriously felt insulted by how bad it was. I really tried to enjoy it for what it was, like those obnoxious asses who see shitty movies and like them because "they weren't expecting Shakespeare." The problem was, what it was... was a flaming sack of crap.

Comment

There was an interesting idea behind Outbrake. The execution was sucky, but we can't blame capcom for trying to put something new into a crappy videogame like PS2.

Comment

I actually enjoyed both thoroughly (played them online and even bought a HDD for them). Aside from the obvious focus on gameplay rather than story, the games introduced elements that could've made the main series better. The realtime menu system (and it beat RE4 by introducing realtime reloading), enemies stalking, realtime weapon damage/melee weapons, extra abilities etc. Hell, even the clip was a special item, otherwise, you'll have to load every bullet seperately. The best parts however, were the mini games. Unfortunately, those are unlockable in File 2.

The flaws were more obvious, and unfortunately, as subtle as they were (aside from the loading times), they really overshadowed the merits for most people. They even paid close attention to Raccoon's geography, and went as far as introducing a cliffhanger to continue the Raccoon storyline.

Truly a series made for RE fanboys. Online gameplay was very enjoyable, and challenging.

Not to mention that the series is one of the prettiest online games around. I can't wait to uscale the games to 1080i or 720p.

Comment

I just personally think so much could have been done with the co-operative side of the game. (e.g: NPC's helping you)

Also, I found that the whole game on each character lacked background. I mean each scenario granted, had its own cutscenes and explanations etc. However I still think these games lacked the things nessicary to involve the audience with the character and the game as a whole.

I think the idea was VERY good, the Outbreak survivors etc; but then they are split into Scenarios which took the RE flow out of it for me.

Also, I know it's more "realistic" but the whole 'when you go into your inventory you are still in real time and can be attacked' just became such a pain in the ass. Not to mention the reload time.

Comment

I haven't played this game in a while, but I liked it. I tried to find the stratedgy guide for File #2 but the results on eBay came up blank. Such a thing does exist, I just haven't been that lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Borman
                      I thiink Outbreak was a failed experiment really, I too want to love it but every time I play it I just end up more frustrated. Its still a good concept, but Capcom just didnt put enough resources into it to make it Great
                      I also agree that RE Outbreak is too difficult to play, but I didn't play any file 2.

Comment

Working...
                      X