The ENB Filter Mod: BACK THE BID!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ENB Filter Mod: BACK THE BID!

In possession of a Capcom-Unity membership?
    Want to play RE5 with the ENB mod without the powerhouse PC?

What if i just answered yet to those questions?
    Well i took it to the Capcom boards to see if Sven, Seth or anyone else over there might be able to put this forward to the development team behind the Alternative Edition in time for it's release. Check the thread here.

How can you help?
    Hop on over to the Capcom-Unity boards and leave a reply to the thread. Voice your approval, share any videos or screens you've seen of it to convince the visiting fans who may not have seen it, always a chance they'll be convinced once they've seen it!

What happens then?
    We sit back and be patient. The chances are if any of the genuine Capcom staff (no offence to them, but this doesn't involve the regular moderators) do respond it'll just be to say they've noted the suggestion, and that's really all we can ask for right now.

What's the chances of it happening?
    Truth be told, and rather controversially, there's probably a better chance of this being included in Alternative Edition than there is of a return for Outbreak...but i'm basing this purely on the ammount of work involved in both projects. Far easier to add a filter than it is to rehash a game for a new generation.

If some reports are correct though, all the filter actually does is REMOVE the existing filter that Capcom chose for the game...so, as far as effort goes, that's pretty minimal!

Stop chatting, summarise!
    1) Head to Unity.
    2) Big up the ENB filter mod.
    3) Sit back and wait.

Thank you for reading!

I don't like the indoor sample screenshot of the ENB, and I think the contrasts are a bit too strange in the outdoor shots (almost to the point where it almost starts looking stylistic, in a cellshaded kinda way... Crackdown?)

But I agree; some sort of color filter with more "Lively" colors and stuff would be sweet. (and v-sync options, or at least for cutscenes, in the 360 version)

Comment

I would love this to be in an actual game. I like them both, but that mod is just so gorgeous to me, I can't get over it. ♥ I was going through the whole game just like "... woooooooow." Not only is it just NICE, but a lot more crisp and clear, where you can really SEE the backgrounds stand out more.

Comment

Originally posted by Yzak View Post
        Not only is it just NICE, but a lot more crisp and clear, where you can really SEE the backgrounds stand out more.
        I agree, the backgrounds do look alot more nicer and the detail looks much more visible. Even the character models look better. The green tint just gets tiring and gloomy after a while.

Comment

It's funny that Boris for RE4 PC added a pallete: http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/palette_en.htm while for RE5 PC removed the already existing one!

Comment

Thanks for the support on the Unity thread guys, think it's pretty much doubled in size overnight!

Comment

I have a question, i have limited knowledge of how these filters work, but is it true that this is how the game looks on all platforms, and that the colored filter is applied in post processing to mask the natural colors ?

i-e this is essentially how the "base" game looks like even on the PS3 and 360 ?

Comment

That's what Yama's told me, the colour scheme for RE5 is just a filter laid over the top of what we see in these screens!

Comment

Ah, then i can definitely get behind that. This should've really been one of the filter options in the console version. No one wants to play games in black and white or sepia, Capcom. >_>

man that registration and setup process takes a while lol.
                  Last edited by A-J; 09-27-2009, 03:47 AM.

Comment

It's the sheer ease of putting something like this in that makes me hopeful Capcom would listen. I'm no expert on videogame development, but surely it can't take that much to add (or take away?) this!

Originally posted by A-J View Post

man that registration and setup process takes a while lol.
                    Yeah that's why i aimed the post at people with existing memberships, it's a pain in the ass to sign up so i didn't want to put people out haha

Comment

Stu: Maybe update your original post at Unity? You know, instead of posting we want the mod to be implemented, just put that we want Capcom to release a natural color filter like that mod. Just so that Sven or any other Capcom won't reply us with a "sorry but we can't implement someone else's modification". ;)

Comment

Done mate

Comment

Cool. We have to be cautious so they don't shoot down our demands!
                          Last edited by Mr. Rod; 09-27-2009, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Too true...but originally i didn't want the first post to be too long, wanted it to be kept to a minimum if possible. Doesn't matter so much now though, as the thread grows it's the sort of thing that will just draw attention to itself anyway!

If people could post any pictures or videos that they find then that would help as well!

Comment

I'm honestly not a fan of the ENB mod. I think it hurts the experience more than it helps. Yes, the colors are far more vibrant, but I'm not sure that's something a game like Resident Evil 5 needs. While the game obviously wasn't scary, the filters go a long way to establishing an almost dystopian atmosphere, and RE5 needs all the help it can get in that regard. The bright blue sky in particular really removes any remaining sense of desolation the game might have.

Still, it's always nice to have more options when it comes to this sort of thing. I'm kind of surprised Capcom didn't include it as an option in the original release, especially considering the other filter options that were available. As A-J said, I'm not really sure too many people actually want to play through the game in black and white or sepia. I imagine it would be easier to make comparisons, too, since you could just turn the filter on and off with the click of a button.

Color me interested (pardon the pun).
                              Last edited by Archelon; 09-27-2009, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X