[Video] RE5 PC character swap, Jill as Chris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Video] RE5 PC character swap, Jill as Chris

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Most significant thing in that video, for me at least, is 0:50. Jill heads to the door, turns around and says "Hurry up! Chris!" So, apparently, Jill's voicework as a co-op partner, not just a Mercenaries character, is already encoded in the game.

Oh boy.
    Last edited by Vector; 09-28-2009, 09:48 PM.

Comment

But in Mercenaries Duo or Team Slayers if you play, say, Jill and Chris you get to hear this dialogue.

Nice mod BTW!

Comment

Here's another character swap video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKEn4...eature=related
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9xepoUqs_M
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAI3xRuD9Nk

I don't think anyone has figured out yet how to get the voices with their melee animations.
        Last edited by CODE_umb87; 09-28-2009, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Rod View Post
          But in Mercenaries Duo or Team Slayers if you play, say, Jill and Chris you get to hear this dialogue.

Nice mod BTW!
          Uh, no, not the 'waiting at a door' dialogue.

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
          Here's another character swap video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKEn4...eature=related
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9xepoUqs_M
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAI3xRuD9Nk

I don't think anyone has figured out yet how to get the voices with their melee animations.
          Hm. It seems Wesker has those lines too. He says "You can have it!" and "Pick that up!"(LOL) to make Jill pick up items.
          Wesker says the same stuff when at the gate, except he says "Hurry! Hurry! SHEVA!"
          Last edited by Vector; 09-28-2009, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Yeah, they say that. I'm sure hearing Jill/Wesker say hurry before in Merceranies/Versus. Check again.
            Last edited by Mr. Rod; 09-28-2009, 11:35 PM.

Comment

A few months ago, someone on Capcom Unity ripped all of the characters' speech from the 360 disc, and there was a lot of dialogue that we don't hear in the main game, including Wesker and Jill's commands not used in Mercenaries. Some of the more interesting bits were that all four characters (Jill, Sheva, Chris and Wesker) could say, "Shit!" which was pretty funny.

All together, Jill had about 70 pieces of audio, with only half of them being used. Same for Wesker. It's very interesting.

Edit: Here's the original link to the all the ripped speech. (Opens to an automatic .rar file.)

It's worth downloading to hear all the voice commands. Wesker says some pretty hilarious things.
              Last edited by Bianca; 09-29-2009, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the link xdeadpan

They should have kept s_71 for Sheva, lol.

Comment

Nice Vid.....wish i had a good PC...

Comment

Wow, hearing all that unused dialogue in those sound bytes is cool. Wesker... XD "Gah, shit!" "Tch. *sigh*"

Comment

... damn I really need to get/figure out these mods on my game. XD

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                        A few months ago, someone on Capcom Unity ripped all of the characters' speech from the 360 disc, and there was a lot of dialogue that we don't hear in the main game, including Wesker and Jill's commands not used in Mercenaries. Some of the more interesting bits were that all four characters (Jill, Sheva, Chris and Wesker) could say, "Shit!" which was pretty funny.

All together, Jill had about 70 pieces of audio, with only half of them being used. Same for Wesker. It's very interesting.

Edit: Here's the original link to the all the ripped speech. (Opens to an automatic .rar file.)

It's worth downloading to hear all the voice commands. Wesker says some pretty hilarious things.
                        Thanks for the audio clips. CR29 and I always thought that adding extra speech comands would be awesome. Damn....they really should have used some, especially for Sheva. All the things she says in whatever her native tongue is would have actually helped make her fit in a bit more. And Wesker's....oh god I couldn't stop laughing. Josh's were also pretty nice. Keeps my hopes up that we'll one day get him in Mercs.
                        Last edited by Bertha; 10-10-2009, 04:04 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Nice mods, I'm waiting till someone does this for the 360 version, I know some people trying to do it and it's only a matter of time. They have already figured out how to swap Chris with Sheva and vice versa.

Comment

Switching characters is CHEATING! You should only play your 60$+ games under the amount of time and by the rules the game company has chosen for you. Even if it means 4 week ends just leveling up.

Comment

^ How is it cheating? If everything works exactly the same and it's just a different character model (and voice), that's modding. It's like any game that gets a modded level. None of the mechanics are changed in any way, they're just used in a unique, user-made manner. Mods =/= cheating, so mods =/= illegal.

Comment

Working...
                              X