Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) TRAILER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) TRAILER

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-tSvrkKx2Y
    Last edited by CODE_umb87; 10-02-2009, 11:23 PM.

...Eh. Not liking it at all. Then again, no one will be able to take over Robert Englund's portrayal in my mind. I'll just stick with the originals, thanks. Hahaha.

Comment

No Englund = no 'hanks, although I think Jackie Earle Haley is a terrific choice to play Freddy.
      Last edited by Vector; 10-02-2009, 04:42 PM.

Comment

I dunno, I don't consider any of the NoES movies worth watching after the first one, and if they're going for a more serious approach, I'd welcome it. Englund's portrayal is iconic but for all the wrong reasons; anyone with his build could have said and done the things he did in the first movie.

One thing that smells funny is the ambiguity of Freddy's guilt. Either he's a damn liar or he really didn't do anything reprehensible. I hope it's the former, and judging from his other quote ("This won't hurt one little bit..." without even a touch of irony), it might be.

Comment

From producer Michael Bay...

Erhum, no thanks.

Comment

I dunno. On one hand I was a big fan of the original and 2 and 3 but after that blah. This looks 'meh' interesting. I always give something a chance. Friday the 13th was pretty well done as was Halloween. So I'll see it and give it a fair shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post

Erhum, no thanks.

I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post

Erhum, no thanks.
                He's the producer in the sense that it's his company. Besides providing the employees, he has no other direct involvement. Plus, these writers and the director is fresh, so I have an open mind...it's no Marcus Nispel (who's responsible for most of the mediocre remakes). Though one thing they should have done was bring Craven on board.

Comment

Meh...What's with this whole "Let's remake classic horror movies and attempt to add more background to the killers!"? Honestly...I haven't really enjoyed a single horror movie remake. Didn't like the new Halloween or the Jason one. I think the only one I remotely liked was Texas Chainsaw, but given the choice between the remake and the classic, I'd rather have the classic.

I don't see myself enjoying this one at all. No Englund, for one, and the story...just seems kinda bland. Horror movies really aren't even scary these days.
                  sigpic
                  Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Remakes have the potential to be enjoyable. Look at all the iterations of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (besides the one that came out recently ). Plus, Dawn of the Dead was fun, it's a faster counterpart to the original movie.

I'm definitely skeptical, and I don't like most of the remakes that have come around in the past few years, but the names attached I'm either neutral (writers/director) or cool about (J E Haley).

Plus, how is the story bland? It appears to be the same one that worked in 1984, and it's still (if not even more) relevant today.

Comment

Dawn of the dead owned. I wish Zack Snyder would make another zombie film. Meh, my babysitter forced me to watch NOE movies and that other franchise where Santa would kill naked women when I was a kid lol.

I enjoyed the first one but like all things that keep going and going, eventually the films started to parody themselves, like freddy vs jason for instance. I was already sad that Kane ( played Jason for the past few fims ) wasn't cast in FvsJ...he had to go out on Jason X?! Now no Englund? I remember after FvsJ came out, he said that there were big plans for the NOE franchise...I wonder if he knew it wouldn't include him? I guess it was just finally time to hang up the glove lol.
                      Last edited by REmaster; 10-02-2009, 10:42 PM.
                      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I've come to accept the fact that Hollywood has run out of ideas for horror movies. Eventually they are ALL going to be remade, and there's really nothing anyone can do about it.

Personally, I'm against remakes.....there are very few remakes out there that have really impressed me. The best remake I have ever seen is John Carpenters The Thing....even after 28 years it still looks amazing, better than most of the crap that comes out today. Dawn of the Dead and TCM are also good remakes.

Now, the Halloween remake on the other hand, was horrible. Blood and guts don't make a horror film better, just more disgusting. It's amazing how one person can take a simple plot to a horror classic and turn it into complete garbage. The Friday the 13th remake....well...the original films weren't really anything special to begin with....teens visiting Camp Crystal Lake to party, and get killed. lol

But besides remakes I think there have been some great original horror films in the past 9 years, The Descent(2005), Wolf Creek(2005), 28 Days Later(2002), Final Destination(2000), Ju-on(2000).......Jennifer's Body.
                        Last edited by CODE_umb87; 10-02-2009, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Does Session 9 count? That's within the last 10 or so years. Horror so memorable and well executed, Silent Hill 3 lifted an image from it, LIFTED.

Comment

^ yeah, anything in the 00's. I liked Session 9, another great horror film.

Comment

Damn another remake. What's left? The Thing, The Exorcist and then Hollywood might have to actually come up with some new ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X