Paintings in Resident Evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paintings in Resident Evil

Does anyone know the names of any specific paintings seen throughout the series? I know Sandro Botticelli’s Primavera was in Resident Evil 4 (in the room where Ada and Leon meet face-to-face), but that’s pretty much the only painting I recognize by name.

Even though I’m looking to figure out the real paintings (meaning, the ones that are real pieces of artwork), any help would be greatly appreciated, such as naming the landmarks in the fictional paintings (such as the paintings of the Neuschwanstein Castle in REmake).

Hopefully you guys know a couple, because I really have no idea where to start researching this myself. Narrowing down the styles from Renaissance to Middle Ages and whatever else is really difficult when my knowledge of art history is limited. ;_;

The school of Athens by Raphael can be spotted in RE 4, in the room where you find a RPG surrounded by glass.
    Last edited by aris13; 10-26-2009, 04:22 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Thank you for that! Primavera and The School of Athens are both a part of the Italian Renaissance, so that gives me a lead on what era to look up for a good portion of the RE4 paintings. I guess Saddler was a fan.

Again, thank you! If anyone else knows of anything, please do tell. I've been wanting to compile a list for many years.

Comment

Here's "Proserpine" by Dante Gabriel Rossetti

Attached Files

Comment

These appear in re4, too (i can't remember the exact place, somewhere in the castle. I'm watching the ripped textures right now):

"The Waterseller from Sevilla", by Velazquez

"The Milkmaid", by Vermeer (just the face)

"The Seamstress", by Vermeer (i'm not sure about this one, but i'd say i saw it somewhere... ¿?)

"The Prophet Jeremiah", by Rembrandt

Comment

There's a painting of Cesare Borgia in the RE1 dining room.
            Last edited by kevstah2004; 10-26-2009, 04:10 PM.
            If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by albert View Post
              "The Waterseller from Sevilla", by Velazquez
              This painting appears in the castle and there's cash hidden behind it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by albert View Post
                "The Prophet Jeremiah", by Rembrandt
                I definitely remember this one. I think it's right when you get off the cart in the castle (for the second time, before the grail corridor). There's stuff hidden behind it.
                Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Project Omega, albert, kevstah2004--thank you so much! I really appreciate all the help. You guys are wonderful. :]

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                    This painting appears in the castle and there's cash hidden behind it.
                    ha ha does anyone see teh irony in that? the water seller and theres money behind the painting XD
                    sigpic

Comment

i'm not sure this findings indicate something about the painting style they wanted to give to RE4 because lots of paintings in RE4 are in REmake too. So, I guess the art in the RE universe is pretty random.

Comment

I remember somebody posted pictures of the Neuschwanstein Castle as shown in the original, REmake, Zero and RE4. Can't remember if those were posted here or at Bioflames though.

Would be nice if someone has those and could post them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
                          I remember somebody posted pictures of the Neuschwanstein Castle as shown in the original, REmake, Zero and RE4. Can't remember if those were posted here or at Bioflames though.

Would be nice if someone has those and could post them.
                          I remember saving that one off Bioflames. Project Omega posted this over there, just dug it out of my files.

(Sorry if this is considered a bump, I was just looking through files when I spotted that one).

Thank you for it Project Omega, at the moment I'm having a look through background files and textures too as it is an interesting subject.
                          sigpic
                          Non-blurry Signature Version
                          Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

^ IIRC, that painting was all over DSC, too.

Comment

This castle picture is in RE4, too. It's in the room after leon and ashley crashed with the digger (just before saddler takes away ashley for xxxxnth time)
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X