Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My time in Iraq is done, I'm on my way back to Germany!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My time in Iraq is done, I'm on my way back to Germany!!!

Finally, the time has come that I have been waiting a whole year for, the end of my deployment in Iraq. For some of you that know me, you probably always hear me griping and complaining about this place, and also have seen the pics I send up once in a while. Also you probably always hear me mentioning how I can't wait till I return and get my newly refurbished Taurus back.

I leave tommarrow from this place, and head to Kuwait where we outprocess the middle east. From there a couple of days later we fly into Germany and back to my usually duty station, Giessen, Germany. I'll then get a room in the barracks, unpack my stuff and rest knowing this nightmare is finally over. Also, my girlfriend in Germany has waited all this time for me, and I can't wait to see her also.

The first thing I want to accomplish is get my car back. I have to wait till a weekday if we arrive on a weekend and get insurace and register for temporary tags. I then will go with a friend to Taurus-Garage up in Dortmund and check it out. I havn't heard from Peter in about a week or 2, but last he said the car is running great, the 94 Taurus engine swap seemed to be a success and he was going to get started on the minor things like my sagging roof, and picnic table. He fixed the small dent in my rear wheel fender so I can put larger tires on my new 15" rims. I can't wait to give my car a spin driving back to Giessen which is about 110 miles from Taurus-Garage. I will of course have a friend driving behind me in case I run into car trouble. But Peter does good work at his place and that is the least of my worries.

Well, I'll keep posting on this thread as I can reach the internet and tell everyone how I'm doing on my way back.

Awesome How much longer do you have in the service?

Comment

Im back now, but I have no internet in my room anymore. I have to use other peoples. I go home Oct 11-24 to Florida which I am really excited to.

Comment

Sweet, is it just a vacation though? Looking forward to hanging out with you again. Paul got a new apartment....with two chicks in it

Comment

Working...
        X