The progresion of Dogs in RE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The progresion of Dogs in RE

well i was playing RE4 and i was getting attacked by the first wolfs, and a few of them jumped me, now i dont really ever think about it but, those damn things scare the SHT out of me, and im thinking back on the original cerburus's and thinking well all they do is jump at you and bite turn around and come back, witch isnt all that scary, unless your scared when your target is running wildly.

then i thought of RE5's dogs, they suck balls badly, im not scared of a split head trying to but my head off witch is stupid, who ever came up with those dogs where stupid!!! RE4's dogs where much more scarier, i think that teeth vs a split head, teeth win.

but i think if there were ever a new RE game where the t-virus broke out, they should make the cerburus do it old stuff plus, jump you like the RE4 dogs do, it would scare the crap out of me.

but what do you guys think of the progresion RE has made on its b.o.w.s dogs?
    sigpic

I'm sure the dobermans weren't used in Africa Prob cause they aren't native in that area I did like the RE 4 wolves

Comment

Cerberus do jump and tear at your neck in most of the games.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Yea in CV they jump u pretty good

Comment

The Dobermans in CODE: Veronica where the best looking in my opinion.
          Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

RE1's and 2's were just plain aweful, easily knifed. I really feared RE4's dogs, and RE5's kept tearing me a new one on the train stage.

Comment

The Cerberus were classic, but I definitely preferred the Comillos to the Adjules. But also remember that the three areas where the Comillos appeared in RE4 (the lake path, the cemetery, and the hedge maze) were infinitely darker and creepier than the areas with Adjule in RE5. Seriously, what's frightening about a ship deck? It felt like Splinter Cell or something.
              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

yeah but the dobermans never jumped on you and pined you to the ground, picture an undead dog with no mind whatsoever except to eat you alive is tearing at you while your pinned to the ground, thats what they need to do with cerburous
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Itashious_boy View Post
                  yeah but the dobermans never jumped on you and pined you to the ground
                  Yes they did.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                  Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Who ever put the dogs in RE5 blatantly watched John Carpenter's The Thing before doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
                      Who ever put the dogs in RE5 blatantly watched John Carpenter's The Thing before doing so.
                      I immediately thought that about the wolves in RE4 when I first saw them.
                      sigpic

Comment

The wolves in RE4 actually scared me to death, especially the first time they whipped me with those things that popped out of their back. They could slap the shit out of you sometimes, completely draining your health. I think the dogs/wolves/hyenas/whatever they were in RE5 were incredibly annoying on Professional mode. Especially if you were trying to earn an "S" ranking.

Comment

well thats what they are there for for fun not to scare witch is what RE has lost lately, but those dog pin attacks dont count cause they only do that when your low on health, the dogs in RE4 doe it any time and kill
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Itashious_boy View Post
                            well thats what they are there for for fun not to scare witch is what RE has lost lately, but those dog pin attacks dont count cause they only do that when your low on health, the dogs in RE4 doe it any time and kill
                            That's not true at all.
                            In the videos above you can see that Jill is running at full speed, so her health is in Fine or yellow caution.

And in the RE0 vid, you can see Rebecca is in good health then is instantly killed. There is a long time before the dog kills you, because the partner character is supposed to free the other. Lurkers could also 1 hit kill, but you had a fair chance to stop them with the 2nd character.
                            Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 11-14-2009, 11:03 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

we're talking about dogs in RE, im just saying that the scariest ones so far are the ones in RE4
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X