No announcement yet.

Is anyone else extremely disappointed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone else extremely disappointed?

Wow, I have to say I am extremely let down by D.C.

It seems so thrown together, the contrast between the quality of Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles is astounding. You can beat the whole game only using the pistol and occasionally stronger weapons for bosses (although, its not needed).

I found the RE2 part of the game the only decent part. The CONSTANT whining and one-liners from Steve made the Code: Veronica section completely un-enjoyable to me. I found the Javier missions to be really trite and ridiculous... especially the final boss.

The camera's shakyness makes it ridiculously hard to aim sometimes. A lot of time, especially during the Code: Veronica scenario you are walking around doing nothing for 50+ seconds.

Not to mention there several typos throughout the game.

Anyway, am I alone or does this game just completely suck?

It's an on-rails shooter you expected too much from current gen capcom it get's by providing as little as they can in effort to draw out the series as long as possible to milk your wallet.
    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

I knew from the moment I saw the trailer that this was my type of game. It's like an interactive horror movie, and considering my love of horror movies AND Resident Evil 2 -- Yes Please, not to mention I kinda like Darksides Code:Veronica better >D;; *pleasedontshootme*

I got used to the camera pretty easily, but I definitely understand why allot of people would find it frustrating. I'm a pretty lax person, so when I shoot my gun only to have the camera turn quickly...wasting my ammo....I just shrug it off but I know allllllllllot of my friends would flip.

I haven't finished the Javier mission, but I'm making progress and am trying to finish the RE2 + RECV scenario's on Hard to unlock the voice clips which from the one I found, succeeded in tearing me up ;-; This portrayal of Annette, totally wins. I love her.

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
        It's an on-rails shooter you expected too much from current gen capcom it get's by providing as little as they can in effort to draw out the series as long as possible to milk your wallet.
        Unfortunately. *Sigh* I guess I can safely say my hopes of a new resident evil game that is actually GOOD will never be answered.

Comment

I expected the muddled excuse for a plot and the rushed storylines. So, the only place I am extremely disappointed about is the fact this game pretty much tells us nothing. Nothing about Sherry, nothing about Ada, nothing about "The Organization," etc.

Not cool.

Comment

Speaking of Sherry, did they deage her? Claire said she's about 10 years old, I know 12 is only two years difference but...

Comment

Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
              Speaking of Sherry, did they deage her? Claire said she's about 10 years old, I know 12 is only two years difference but...
              Well it's not like Claire would know Sherry's age after spending less than 5 minutes with her and about 3 lines of dialogue.

Comment

I know that, it's just strange they would script it that way.

Comment

Is anyone else extremely disappointed?
                  "Extreme disappointment" was going to plague this game from the moment it was announced, that's just how the community is.

Comment

Bingo, Stu.

The same thing always happens with these games: hype leads to disappointment.

For example: I was only cautiously optimistic about RE4 and DSC, so I loved them. I became super-hyped for RE5, and it ended up falling short of my expectations.

I don't remember how I felt about UC though ...
                    Last edited by DarkMemories; 11-20-2009, 01:33 PM.
                    A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

i just want a damn Remake on 2 & 3 i would like to see a HD version of CVX
                      i just hate rail fillers

Comment

I wasn't disappointed, although, I wasn't really thinking that the game would be good at all, which was probably the reason.
                        The only thing I was very upset about, was how they did Alexia in the game :/

Comment

I was honselty put off by how Capcom decided to toss another on-rails shooter on the Wii so my expectations were low to begin with. Now that I've played the game I must say I'm am please with my purchase. Nothing really stellar but it hit on some things that I enjoyed a lot. Just finished up the game not to long ago. Good stuff really but I still wish this was a real RE title instead of another on-rails title. Oddly enough though I would like to see a Dino Crisis on-rails title come to think of it. Might even earn enough sales to spark an interest in Dino Crisis 4.

Comment

I am...kinda. I dunno, I was expecting there to be a little more oomph. But it's still a really fun game to play.

Comment

I really enjoy this game. A whole lot, too. It helps that I was a huge fan of Umbrella Chronicles, so that's most likely way. That, and the fact that I wasn't expecting some super epicness from it to begin with. I don't see the problem, and the camera never annoyed me as much; except for when I was fighting Birkin.

The only thing disappointing is the lack of important information, as mentioned by xdeadpan. I really was hoping Krauser's infection was going to be revealed, along with Sherry's current life.
                              Last edited by Wesker_101; 11-20-2009, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X