Shattered Memories Import Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shattered Memories Import Question

Right, I've read SM is delayed till Feb/March 2010, however i've read that there is a Wii Freeloader which worked till Wii Firmware 3.3, since I've not used Wii in 8-9 months and never put it on the net or updated firmware, any idea of the new games force mandatory firmware updates which would lock me out of using Freeloader/SM should I choose to purchase both?

I'm wondering about this stuff too. I completely tossed up installing homebrew junk on my last Wii, and now that I got a new Black one, I'm thinking of trying again for some stuff like importing Shattered Memories and the superior versions of No More Heroes and Mad World.

Comment

Let me know how it goes then, just realised someone installed firmware knocking mine up to 3.3E so Freeloader won't work *dammit*

Comment

I had the HBC and Gecko OS on my Wii just so I could play the Japanese imported Fatal Frame Wii game. It worked fine.
        But DSC has a system update on the disc, so I couldn't play it without updating. To get around this I looked at various options. I ended up using this guide:

I don't need all of the features but it was all pretty easy to install. And because I was still on 3.2 I didn't need to downgrade the system (I believe moving up and down with the system versions is the most 'risky' part).
        The guide also allows you to make a back up of your system on an SD card (which I copied to my PC). So if I do get 'bricked' in future I should be able to reinstall it.

It's a lot of stuffing around just to make your Wii region free and avoid disc updates. If the Wii was region free (like the PS3) I never would have had to do it.

Comment

I have a custom firmware like PSP, it allows you to run imported games, but I can't really say since it can also run backups...
          Either way, Gecko OS is what I'd use otherwise.

Comment

Im not a fan of backup using, but I do purchase imports for my PS3 and PS2, so while to be honest im confused as hell about custom firmware for Wii despite looking at that guide, I still might look into it.

Comment

Working...
            X