Most Iconic RE Figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Iconic RE Figures

So I was thinking about making a Wesker vs. Pyramid Head topic because both of them are easily the most recognized antagonists of their series. They represent the RE and SH franchises to an extent.
    ]
    But then i realized Ph would own Albert so I decided to just ask which figures from the RE series do you think are good symbols of it?

Definition of iconic:
    "An...icon can be an image, a symbol, a logo, picture, name, face, person, or building or other image that is readily recognized, and generally represents an object or concept"

So basically you could show a picture of this character to a person and they'd be able to identify it as an RE character.

I'll start with:
    -The first zombie you see in RE1
    -Nemesis

I will second Nemesis

Also Chris and Jill are pretty iconic figures in the series as well as leon and claire since they are the main protagonists of the series.
    Last edited by I_Am_Nemesis; 12-09-2009, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Iconic figures?

-the first zombie in the original RE as you said
      -Jill, Leon and Wesker....they are the more popular RE characters. I'm sure you show a picture of them to someone who barely knows RE, he'll be able to identify them anyway.
      -a picture of the licker introduction in RE2
      -Umbrella or S.T.A.R.S logo, obviously

Comment

Jill in her "Last Escape" outfit. It is like the the most know thing about the series. Even the movies had it. When you think about RE and you know almost anything you think about the zombie slayer girl with miniskirt and blue tube top

Comment

- Nemesis
          - Jill, Leon, Chris
          - S.T.A.R.S. logo
          - Umbrella logo
          - the first zombie in the original RE
          - maybe Hunter from REmake/RE1
          - and the biggest RE icon Albert Wesker
          Spoiler:

Comment

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Leon, Dr Salvadore, Albert Wesker and Alice.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ValentineLover View Post
                Jill in her "Last Escape" outfit. It is like the the most know thing about the series. Even the movies had it. When you think about RE and you know almost anything you think about the zombie slayer girl with miniskirt and blue tube top
                Yeah, Jill in her slut suit is probably #1 in most people's eyes for...obvious reasons. I remember seeing that character model in magazines, on posters, wherever, all back when the game was being marketed. I remember seeing more of the blue tube top than Nemesis. I agree with Gene on his Alice point also, and that pains me.
                Last edited by Vector; 12-09-2009, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Nemesis I mean come on he on the front cover of Resident Evil 3 and the only BOW in the series who can get away with talking even though it's only one word and his theme (when you leave the battle) is very scary

Ow yeah and Jiill in here RE3 oufit hmm not bad
                  Last edited by Sephiroth; 12-09-2009, 03:14 PM.

Comment

The "most iconic" would be different things to different people...

When I think RE 'glory days', it would have to be:
                    -Jill in her RE3 outfit + the Nemesis
                    -Leon in his RPD uniform and to a lesser extent Claire
                    -Jill in her STARS uniform
                    -Mr.X and to a lesser extent a Tyrant
                    -A zombie cop
                    -The first zombie
                    -Birkin in his G1 & G2 form, a Licker and maybe a Hunter, dog and Ivy

More recently it would be:
                    -Leon in his various poses from RE4
                    -Chainsaw ganados
                    -Maybe Ada and Wesker

Even more recently it would probably be:
                    -Chris and Sheva side by side
                    -Wesker again

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                      Even more recently it would probably be:
                      -Chris and Sheva side by side
                      -Wesker again
                      Dont forget the vagin...battlesuit Jill

Comment

^Well, I do like Bird Lady/Battlesuit Jill but the list wasn't about my personal favorites. It's about what I've perceived to be the most 'iconic' characters of the series, over the years.
                        In terms of promotion, advertising, merchandise, posters, articles etc, etc... she didn't play a very prominent role. She was more of a 'lurking in the background' kinda character.
                        It's a bit different at a RE fansite like this but that's how I saw it in the wider world.

It will probably be different with the coming DLC and Gold Edition of RE5.

Comment

Originally posted by Skunky View Post
                          In terms of promotion, advertising, merchandise, posters, articles etc, etc... she didn't play a very prominent role. She was more of a 'lurking in the background' kinda character.

It will probably be different with the coming DLC and Gold Edition of RE5.
                          She was the cause of most RE5 hype in my opinion, since the trailer where she opened her eyes(though she appears to haver her bsaa uniform) until the final trailer where they almost unveiled her. Also the PC version Trailer that starts with that cutscene. I love Jill but I said that because they used her a lot to make hype in RE5 (though we didnt actually knew that it was her until the end) not because she is my fav

Comment

Dont know how i forgot this but the dogs must be pretty iconic especially for RE1! I still remember every terrifying detail of encountering forn the first time in that game haha.
                            Last edited by I_Am_Nemesis; 12-10-2009, 08:10 AM.

Comment

I can't believe nobody has said 'Raccoon City' as an iconic figure.

Comment

Working...
                              X