What do you want to see in RE6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you want to see in RE6?

Jun Takeuchi has been quoted for saying that RE6 will be a complete 'reboot' for the series. Though RE6 is a long way away, what do you want to see?

My biggest complaint with RE5 is that almost all the unique traits of the original series are completely absent. The loading doors, typewriters, save rooms, static camera angles, and PUZZLES (why on earth were there no puzzles in RE5?!). The only one I can think of in RE5 are herbs. Don't get me wrong, I loved RE4, and RE5 was okay, but to see these things make a return form would be great for me.

Generally I would like to see horror and not much action, (which I think will be a very popular response here! ) would be great for me. Just generally bring back the horror element, zombies, limited ammo, and a slower pace. Perhaps use modern-style zombies that run and are more aggressive, like Crimson Heads.

In terms of characters, I think its time we saw BARRY BURTON! And some details on Sherry would be nice. As for the controls I think the RE4/RE5-style would be fine, I can't really see Capcom using the old static camera angles anyway.

Over to you, community!
    Last edited by IllGiveYouStars; 12-14-2009, 05:02 PM.

I want RE 3,5 gameplay style - classic RE camera, but in aiming mode is camera same as RE4/RE5
    enemies: zombies, hunters, lickers, tyrant, nemesis, G creature, Las Plagas BOW's
    main character: Leon or Chris
    location: Tricell main lab under attack by the organization (HCF under Nicholai's command) on Alaska
    Spoiler:

Comment

More horror-oriented, more dangerous enemies (majinis and ganados=weak), darker setting + atmosphere (a little tension, please)?

As to main characters, I'm hoping for anyone but the two characters the poster above me has mentioned. I couldn't be more sick of those two. Jill or Claire, or even Barry would be fine. Just not the RE alpha males. Playing as them isn't frightening.

A guy on biohaze was talking about something like a city infestation where the creatures are more dangerous and weaponry is scarce, and hiding and evasion are more imperative. I think that would be cool. Zombies that are more bloodthirsty and faster, more environmental things to use in defense rather than shotgun blasts.

I really think it's time one of the girls took the reigns again, too. Not to sound sexist, but I find their survival both more engaging and less plausible than the guys, so it seems scarier.

Comment

What I want:

A modified Bio4/5 gameplay, maybe similar to that of 'Dead Space' (you know, WALK-and gun, instead of run-and-gun... makes more sense IMO). Much slower gameplay, much less linear.

Some returning characters, maybe Claire. New characters are welcome, just as long as they aren't so throwaway.

Maybe located somewhere dark. Maybe on an island in the north, during a snowstorm. Like, maybe the storm forces you inside some buildings, and you'll have to wait a while for it to die down. Maybe a 'secret' Umbrella lab somewhere, for old times sake.

As for enemies, ZOMBIES. HORDES OF 'EM. Maybe a Plaga-type enemy (you know, like the typical 'Ganado', or 'Majini'), but just as long as there are ZOMBIES (hell, imagine, zombies AND a plaga-enemy in the same scenario... kinda scary). Maybe a t-Plaga combination??? Ffff Dogs! Preferably cerberi, but any type would do. HUNTERS, CRIMSON HEADS, LICKERS!!! Ooooh, Regis Lickers!! Crows!! *pant, pant* Maybe a Tyrant, or a stalker-like creature, like a much slower t-Plaga chainsaw enemy, or a stalker-like executioner. And let's maybe have them respond to sound and light, to make it scary.

And, maybe the killing of a main character. Make it epic, maybe dramatic. But WHO!?!?!? Maybe Ada, maybe Leon, maybe Chris *heeeheeeheee*.

Oh, who knows. Wishful thinking brings me nowhere. No matter HOW fucked up BioHazard's story is, I do not wish for a full-on story reboot. Gameplay reboot, yes, but not a story reboot. Damn you, Takeuchi!!!

EDIT: I forgot weaponry!! Make it diverse. Ammo must be scarce, but also scattered everywhere, and in different amounts. Though, I would like to keep the auto-knife from 4 and 5. I liked that addition. Melée weapons is a must, though. Maybe broken pipes, concrete pieces, glass, broken branches as spears (alá Outbreak, where you can also combine items and weaponry to create new things).

Also, as for inventory. Let's keep it at least partially old-school. Maybe like 5's inventory, except you can combine herbs. Oh, and the inventory can be like a pause menu if playing single player, or real-time if on co-op.

Speaking of co-op... I liked the idea of co-op, but 5 just made it so action-y. Co-op can be scary, like, maybe if a partner has to do a puzzle, while the other must fend them off from enemies, or maybe while they have to split up, and will have to help each other along the way (maybe via radio communication).

Speaking of puzzles... PUZZLES!!! But, make it seem plausible... or not *heheheh*. Like, maybe playing with an electrical power-grid to turn on a machine or open a locked door (seems familiar... from Bio 2?), and maybe the building you're in flickers on and off, attracting enemies. Or, maybe having to search a whole office for cues on how to open a lock for something, or for a code (a office full of REGIS LICKERS!!!! ).

And, for some reason, I always have this unbearable urge for Dr. Cameron (from BioHazard 4D Executor) to be the new main villain, starting in this one. I don't know why, I just do... huh...

EDIT 2: Holy CRAP I wrote a lot... O_O
        Last edited by Ray; 12-11-2009, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Yeah, if he discards all the characters from the series I think a lot of people will be miffed. But they were willing to discard the horror element in RE4 so all bets are off.

Comment

Put the gameplay of Dead Space in a contemporary setting.

No returning characters - only a new cast. Tricell picks up where Umbrella left off.
            Decent enemies - none of the crap that was in RE4, 5 and DSC.

A giant snake is scary, because snakes are scary. A giant shark is scary because sharks are scary. A giant aligator because aligators are scary. etc. Playing to these carnal fears made the early games work, whereas the bosses in RE4 and RE5 are abstractions. Just what the fuck is that flying bat grub thing? The danger is presents isn't immediate, but it's just simply grotesque. More shocking then actually scary. It doesn't make me feel frightened for my life, because I have no context to compare it to. Uroboros is like this too. And Salazar... And the sea monster boss in DSC... And Irving...
            sigpic

Comment

yea something that makes sence. like someone weilding a chainsaw, thats scary. but animals that the human sences recognizes is scary as well because we've heard about the things they can do but never seen it happen, the mind is afraid of wat it's doesnt know
              sigpic

Comment

Fear Factor needs to be upped dramatically. Or to exist at all, really. There are a few ways to do that though. One is to return to zombies as an enemy, enemies I personally find scarier than Plagas. With good enemy placement and mixing in more vicious and dangerous enemies like Hunters and Crimson heads it could work, but the key is to make it so they do more than simply swarm you. Stuff like having a bunch of corpses jump up once you reach the middle is too predictable. However, stuff like having them pour off a crashed bus or a door crashing open and zombies pouring out would work. Realistic ambushes. Hell, even a rain of zombies from the tall buildings around you.

The other option is smart enemies. Ganados and Majini were both dumb. If you wanted to make them scary you need to drop the numbers and make them individually more dangerous. Have them set up basic traps and ambushes, randomized if possible so you can't learn how to deal with each area. And make it so they can really hurt you. No yelling when they attack you from behind so they can sneak up on you. Stuff like that.

Less linear gameplay would also be nice. A little exploration never hurt anyone, except the programmers and no one really think's they're people. Give some choices as to where you could go. If you set it in a town or village that should be easy, but even in a large multifloor building can have several paths though it.

I'd also prefer to see, if multiplayer returns, it's own dedicated scenario rather than having a bad AI stalking you through the main game. Plus it doesn't help with the atmosphere when you have back up two feet away mowing down enemies with a machine gun.

And, of course, a few random and slightly random puzzles. Because we all love puzzles.

Comment

I do want zombies back, really. I think they did their big mistaken in taking them away from the series. RE5 was going to be good when the frist trailer showed up. Those zombies ala Dawn of the Dead were going to be excellent.

Comment

i want a resident evil get back like re3
                    with the opressed song and raccon city
                    whereas he was destroyed

Comment

more crazy people to kill

Comment

Setting inside a closed building with dark atmosphere along with mutant but believe enemies, I was so gutted when they didn't use a zombie gorilla in outbreak after seeing the intro and more sadistic kills god damn Japanese are so pussy when it comes to in-game violence yet there cartoons are full of it.
                        Last edited by kevstah2004; 12-12-2009, 06:38 PM.
                        If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

What I would like to see in RE6:

1. An all-new cast.

Capcom will probably be doing this anyway. To keep it fresh, you need new main characters, ones that have never been in a survival horror incident, and have no relation to the past games. Not only does this help create a story, it keeps things fresh, and allows the game to appropriately display the characters' reactions to the fear. They have never been in a terrifying fight for survival, so this works out great.

2. I know that most likely the game will be in free 3D, no fixed camera angles, so I won't be disappointed.

3. No more cocky-lines, no more bulky muscles, no more action stunts, and no more love. These do not belong in a horror game.

4. What I would like to see, is the main character can pick up things and use them as weapons, much like in Outbreak. The character can pick up crowbars, fire extinguishers, pipes, handguns, shotguns, aerosol cans, etc.

5. The return of blue herbs, characters can get poisoned.

6. Blood can stain clothes and body, clothes and skin can get torn.

7. The game starts out in different spots depening on which character you choose from (1 of 2).

8. Game starts in a closed exotic environment, and expands around it (much like RE1 and RE2)

9. Return of hunters, (alpha and gamma), spiders (where the blue herbs come in to play), cerberus, zombies.

10. Main characters are male and female, both with advantages and disadvantages. The male character is stronger, but can carry less items. The female character is the opposite.

11. The game takes completely at night time. No more daytime.

12. More realistic and creative puzzles.

13. Can save the game by going to a computer.

14. No more chapters/missions (these do not belong in a horror game, they belong in an action game). You can go back to any area at any time, like in first 2 Resident Evil games.

15. A lot of blood gore, you can blow zombies' limbs off, and a various amount of death scenes (not just enemy death scenes, the environment can kill you too, such as a spinning fan).

16. No more kicking down ladders, standing ladders up, jumping down from high areas.

17. The story is realistic, with a realistic human villain.

Will I get what I want? Probably not.
                          My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                          ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Cut back on the action
                            Bring the horror back
                            Have the gameplay be more like Dead Space
                            Bring back dark atmosphere as well as the dark scary music
                            Get rid of Plaga-type
                            Bring the ZOMBIES BACK AND MAKE THEM MORE LIKE LEFT 4 DEAD ZOMBIES
                            No checkpoint
                            No Chapter's
                            Bring more puzzles back
                            No main charater been big bulky muscles
                            And finaly BRING BACK THE TYRANT

Comment

Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
                              What I would like to see in RE6:
                              8. Game starts in a closed exotic environment, and expands around it (much like RE1 and RE2)
                              Which is the most important imo the atmosphere in after re2 failed imo all the games are too open planned you shouldn't be able to run away from enemies in a massive environment you should be hemmed in rooms.
                              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X