Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sales?

Not to be a topic whore but I'm quite curious:

I've heard elsewhere that this game was what was referred to as a commercial flop, but I've found no data to support this.

Does anyone know a rough figure of sales vs. expected sales?

Why would anyone refer to a game that's been out less than a month as a flop? Particularly as we move towards Christmas!

Comment

The game hasn't released in all territories yet either.
      Once it's out in Japan you'll probably get some concrete figures.
      sigpic

Comment

The consumer hath spoken.

Comment

The UC sales primarily came out of most common people expecting it to be like RE4, and not a collosal low-budget shitfest.

The DSC sales are just a continuation of that. Capcom thought people were buying UC because it was a good game. HAR HAR.
          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
            The UC sales primarily came out of most common people expecting it to be like RE4, and not a collosal low-budget shitfest.

The DSC sales are just a continuation of that. Capcom thought people were buying UC because it was a good game. HAR HAR.
            Basically the same thing with Outbreak. The RE series has a "fool me once" type scenario that it just keeps following. Fans initially get suckered in to buying the latest title, and when they release a sequel which follows suit, fans are smarter that time around and avoid it.

Comment

Yup, basically what I meant haha. Its funny and yet pretty sad at the same time, especially when you hear the developer's undwindling optimisim. Sucks for them I guess. Stop settling for sub-par shit.
              Last edited by News Bot; 12-15-2009, 02:38 AM.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

In the US regions it has sold slightly below the rate that Umbrella Chronicles has (136k UC vs 120k DSC).

In Europe it has a sold a lot less than UC did in the same amount of time (94k UC vs 23k DSC).

Not released in Japan yet.

Sources here and here.
                Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I'm afraid vgchartz is not a reliable site to use, most of their information is false sales and not to be trusted. Dark Side in America has not even reached 50k yet.

Darkside bomba in NA it seems. Not even 50K copies sold.
                  http://blog.livedoor.jp/gehaneta/archives/2025941.html
                  Hope this helps. NPD is the best source to rely on for such sales information.

Comment

NPD covers North America only.

The US region listed on VG Chartz covers regions like Canada and a few others also which NPD does not. Hence the differences.

Nothign wrong with VGC numbers, they compare themselves to NPD and various other tracking sources regularly and they are always within a very small percentage difference.

Comment

So, going by wherever the Darkside Chronicles 50k US number came from, put up against what Umbrella Chronicles did in the same time period 2 years ago... that's pretty much a little bit less than half of what Umbrella Chronicles did. Certainly less than expected, but I guess people have had their horror themed shooting "fix" on the Wii, for now, with House of the Dead 2-3 Return, House of the Dead - Overkill and Dead Space Extraction having come out inbetween Darkside Chronicles and Umbrella Chronicles.

Now, the sad factor is that a lot more people have Wiis now... the positive factor is that Christmas' is right around the corner and a lot more people have Wiis now.

(Also, a random note about Darkside Chronicles -> I much prefer the menu layout/system of Umbrella Chronicles. Darkside Chronicles' looks like something they didn't want for Outbreak.)

Comment

VG Charts can't be trusted.
                        sigpic
                        www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Originally posted by BrionIrons View Post
                          VG Charts can't be trusted.

...because?

They have proven themselves countless times. They get sales data weekly and publish before NPD. Then when NPD release numbers they (N. America sales only) are compared and the numbers are a few percent different only nearly every month.

When they compare numbers to tracking companies from other regions the results are the same.

Even things like the BBC and actual video game companies cite their numbers.
                          Last edited by Dracarys; 12-16-2009, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                            NPD covers North America only.

The US region listed on VG Chartz covers regions like Canada [...] which NPD does not.
                            . . . . . . . . . . *facepalm*

Comment

yeah, i never cared for VGC. a lot of their shit can be way off.
                              Last edited by Branden_Lucero; 12-16-2009, 07:49 PM.
                              Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X