Adobe (Macromedia) Dreamweaver 8 is Tough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe (Macromedia) Dreamweaver 8 is Tough

Hello all, as I may have told some of you in early 2006, I was working on a website, and I didn't know about any website software that I could use to make a website, so earlier this year, I found out about Adobe(Macromedia) Dreamweaver 8 was out, so I purchased it. When I got it about a few days later, I opened it up on my computer, and noticed all of the different website developing tools that Dreamweaver 8 had to offer me. Well, today I started back up on Dreamweaver because I wanted to go back in with designing the website, and it's pretty difficult, I don't know how to make a navigation bar that has neat designs or any other, can anyone give me any strategy or any user tips on how to make a good layout? Thank you..

Has it changed much since MX 2006? I'm reluctant to upgrade since it might overwhelm me. =(

Comment

I think Ice says the "new" (not sure which version hes using) one is great. Mostly I just stick with the default stuff. I have a pretty old version though XD

Comment

What I'm really worried about is what Flash will turn into. I can see some really cool things happening with photoshop compatibilities, like you can do with Photocaster in Director, but I'm also nervous for what might be leaving.

Comment

so I'm guessing that the makers of The Horror Is Alive don't know how they made their website? Wow, I'm overwhelmed!

Comment

Before I got dreamweaver I used notepad. So to me there really doesnt need to be an explanation as to how dreamweaver works. Its a glorified text editor. If you know HTML there really isnt any reason why you cant pick up DW and simply produce some content.

I dont appreciate your tone either, As I said I have an older version of Dreamwaver. So I really cant help you if you dont know the basics of HTML nor would I have the time to do such a tedious task.

As for layouts they take time, and it depends on what you want to do with it. I've never been one for cookie cutter designs, and making one has been a difficult task for me as I am just begining to edit and create HTML. Ice on the other hand is the one who designed the site as to how it is. Unfortunately however he is rather busy at this stage in his life. He has many responsibilities now like myself. I doubt he'd have the time to give you help.

And with such a vauge request as "layout tips" there really isnt anything people could tell you. Quit being a douchebag when you dont get an answer for a rather oddball question.

Comment

oh, sorry Dot50, I didn't mean to be an ass, I really didn't, anyways, I'll quit being a boob. Will you forgive my rudeness.
              Last edited by Verdugo X2L; 10-03-2006, 08:05 PM. Reason: because I weanted to make a better message to apologize to Dot50Cal.

Comment

Its cool, just chill out man. Sorry I was a bit harsh but I've been under a bit of stress lately. Try fiddling with Dreamwaver, half the windows that open on it arent needed. Really the only thing you'll need is what referred to as DESIGN VIEW, and ocassionally CODE VIEW. They are (if its still the same) in the upper left. Design view is a great tool for helping you make content easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                  Its cool, just chill out man. Sorry I was a bit harsh but I've been under a bit of stress lately. Try fiddling with Dreamwaver, half the windows that open on it arent needed. Really the only thing you'll need is what referred to as DESIGN VIEW, and ocassionally CODE VIEW. They are (if its still the same) in the upper left. Design view is a great tool for helping you make content easily.
                  thanks bro, I'm going to use the Design or code view that you referred to. Oh, and I hope that you get over your stress, man I hate it when that happens too. Who doesn't?
                  Last edited by Verdugo X2L; 10-04-2006, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X