Leon's Past Translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leon's Past Translation

"When I was a kid, my family was involved in crime, which left them all dead."

The above incident is probably why Leon became a police officer. His individual reaction to the above-mentioned incident is, "By becoming a police officer I will save as many people as possible, even alone." That is the reason.

But before being hired by the police, he splits up with his sweetheart of the land, which he lived with and is in uproar to stay together, before finally separating the day before and deciding to move ahead...

After all, having split up the previous day he travels to Raccoon City with all-night vigil prepared for the barrel.

However, in the middle of wild drinking at the motel (the ^ ^; passes out during the occurrence in the early afternoon of the day) (the ^ ^; precipitously the uniform has been provided as a change of clothes) on the way to Raccoon City, unable to contact the R.P.D. is puzzling and arrives at night, which...

Thanks to being late... His destiny is largely changed (maniacal laughter).

The lighter he carries is a remembrance of his father. It reminds him of his father and gives rise to courage.

By the way, he is not a cigarette smoker, and thinks it's [katsukoii]. He favors Brandy. However, the drink is expensive. On holidays he turns off the lights and quietly watches movies alone. His favorite title is "French Connection".

1998/09/30
    After escaping from the underground laboratory in Raccoon City, despite his debilitating injuries and Sherry's weakening, Leon told Claire, "Go find your brother" and that is the reason he remained in the United States.

However, because too much of the truth is known, both people are detained by a U.S. government Information Agency officer. When they are approached, in order to guarantee Sherry's safety, he cooperates instead of being forced to... The reason why Leon has become an officer.
    I'm not quite sure what the source is, so a little help to determining its location would be great. Apparently it is one of the Japanese guidebooks for RE2, which makes sense. This is apparently where the Archives got its info on Leon being late and such from and Archives is 90% strategy guide stuff. This appears to be the original source of that information. The part about Leon being detained by an officer of the USIA also co-incides with his RE3 epilogue translation:

LEON SCOTT KENNEDY 4/8:
    Leon Scott Kennedy again answered the man claiming to be a U.S. Government Information Officer. "I kill..." The man loosely turned his lips into the shape of a smile. "Leave Sherry alone, she is not guilty." "Oh, but she knows too much." He was looking straight at Leon, squarely in the face. "Frankly speaking. We have appraised your ability as high. It is not a bad deal. If you choose to peacefully accept." Leon closes his eyes and answers.
    NOTE: Notice how the dialogue in the Japanese epilogue is closer to the Darkside Chronicles scene?
    Last edited by News Bot; 12-29-2009, 11:36 AM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

So Leon and I like Brandy. Nice. LOL.

Nice stuff there, it's really close to Darkside Chronicles' scenes. Hope someone can confirm the source cuz' it seems a great piece of info.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Interesting if so, it would explain where the Leon splitting with his girl friend the night before and being late, and the epilogue does sound much close to the scenes at the end of the Dark Side Chronicles. Attach the article here so I can see Paul and look

Comment

Don't have the article itself, sadly, just the translation. Its been sitting on my hard drive (along with a bunch of other stuff) for about a year now. I was going through seeing what to add to Project Umbrella but I need the sources themselves before I put up the information, haha.

Comment

Damn, that's a shame Nicely done though with the information.

Comment

Nice find, I wish there was more info on all the characters.
            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Really nice content, News Bot, thanks for posting!

I have an old RE2 japanese book, here are the scans about Leon:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

These are very old scans, that's why they are so small. But if it's somehow interesting, I can scan these pages in high resolution.
              http://www.residentevildatabase.com
              Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

Ahh, that looks like it might have some value, would you mind scanning it in high-res? I'll have it looked at.

Comment

Sure! I will take a few pictures of the book, specially from the text parts. Hope they can be useful! I will also take a few pictures from a board about Elza Walker, if you don't mind.

Here are all the scans from the book, in case you think something else can have some value:

Spoiler:
                  Last edited by Red Queen; 12-29-2009, 05:51 PM. Reason: Scans removed. ^_^

Comment

Monique, and the name of book is?

Thanks for posting the scans.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Queen View Post
                      Spoiler:

Next time; please use PMs if you're gonna link someone to (nearly) complete scans of books. Just a general tip, as we don't want any unwanted trouble on the site from publishers and stuff.

By the way, the page count goes all the way to 49 in that scan set, but they still lack p. 33 - 48 (Another BioHazard, Roots of Horror and Horror Movies. Guess the lack of colors and/or pretty pictures must've turned off the person who did those scans)

The title of the book is "BIOHAZARD 2 - PROLOGUE OF TERRORS"
                      (Part of the "じゃげむBOOKS - glaphical series". ISBN4-88991-510-9. Retailed for 740yen. Bla bla bla)

These used to be fairly easy to get on ebay a few years ago. Used to go for roughly about $15 or something (atleast that's what I paid for mine)
                      Last edited by Carnivol; 12-29-2009, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Sorry Carnivol.

This is a very old book so I thought there wouldn't be any problem, but I'll remove these links and send via PM to News Bot and anyone else who can be interested on it. Sorry. =/

Comment

No worries.

Just being careful. Individual pages for reference, new non-English magazine scans (and old English scans) and translations of previously untranslated material (provided that you have permission from the translator(s)) is usually fine without there being any problems.

You didn't really have to edit it out, but just try to remember it in the future

Comment

I vaguely recall the bit of Leon breaking up with a girl moment before RE2. I couldn't remember where, but I am very sure it was way back before Archives was released.

I'll dig through my guidebooks collection after the new year. Here's a compilation of the RE2 Jpn guides which I don't think is the full list. Maybe it might be of help for you guys to trace the source of the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                              These used to be fairly easy to get on ebay a few years ago. Used to go for roughly about $15 or something (atleast that's what I paid for mine)
                              They are still easy to find, it usually goes for $10-15 depending from the seller. Sometimes they go for $8 if you negotiate enough .

Iirc, that translation comes from the V-Jump guide of the DualShock version of the game. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Working...
                              X