Darkside Chronicles Strat Guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkside Chronicles Strat Guide?

Well, for the first time in over 10 years, I haven't played the latest RE game upon release. In fact, just picked up The Darkside Chronicles and a Wii today.

Getting straight to the point, for the life of me I can't find a retail strat guide anywhere...either in store or online, just did some searching and can't find the thing...did anyone make one for this game? The Prima site turned up ziltch...someone else(publisher) do this one?

So far, not a single guide has been released for Darkside Chronicles.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

There's a Japanese guidebook announced that will probably be released sometime around the same time as Japan gets the game (in about two weeks from now, iirc)

Not sure about what's available and/or planned on the English front (a quick search on amazon didn't seem to produce any results, at least)

Comment

It is a on rails shooter...why would you need a guide? You see an enemy..you shoot it, what more could there be? LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Darinl1979 View Post
          It is a on rails shooter...why would you need a guide? You see an enemy..you shoot it, what more could there be? LOL.
          "LOLOOLOLOLLOLOL!!!11!"

Umbrella Chronicles was as simple as "see an enemy, shoot it" to achieve S grades was it? No.

Now, ignoring the fact he didn't even say he "needs" a guide (pay more attention), some people like guides so they can rinse that little bit extra out of the game. It's really that simple.
          Last edited by Stu; 01-01-2010, 04:02 AM.

Comment

He could need a guide to see where all the files are. Or he could just want it to have for collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
              "LOLOOLOLOLLOLOL!!!11!"

Umbrella Chronicles was as simple as "see an enemy, shoot it" to achieve S grades was it? No.

Now, ignoring the fact he didn't even say he "needs" a guide (pay more attention), some people like guides so they can rinse that little bit extra out of the game. It's really that simple.
              I never used a guide and I had mostly S ranks, well then again I am better than most people.

I don't believe there is a guide in print, because you really don't need one, so your best bet is to wait till someone at gamefaqs makes one.

Comment

It's more likely that he wants as part of a collection. The guides often have artwork and information that you can't easily get elsewhere, and sometimes even little edited moments where the game has changed from the version the guide writters got to write the book. After all, they have to compete with GameFaqs somehow.

Comment

I personally like to get the guides just for completion's sake, making sure I didn't miss anything, as well as to go with my collection of strat guides. I tend to buy the guide when I get the game, even if I pretty much know I'm not going to need it. Strat guides sometimes come with concept art and little tidbits not know elsewhere, so I like to pick them up just in case :3

That said, I was wondering about a guide for this myself...since I'm having a hell of a time finding certain archives that I want in the GoO section >.>

Comment

damn, that's strange, no guide for an RE game....can't recall this ever happening before.

Yeah, as others said, I never use the guide to get through the game, no matter how difficult some may be. Only use them for all the collectibles, etc. & to get 100% completion.

I do recall having to look in the guide for 'Umbrella Chronicles' for some of the collectibles, believe for many of the files. Even with a decsription of exactly where they were 'supposed' to be, a few were a real bitch to get, some mainly due to the camera/view only passing by where they were for a split second or so. So in those type of instances, the guide can be quite handy.

Comment

I never used a guide and I had mostly S ranks, well then again I am better than most people.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

I don't believe there is a guide in print, because you really don't need one
                        LOGIC FAILURE IN THE HOUSE. Umbrella Chronicles has a guidebook, and a very good one at that. Though by your logic it surely didn't need one?

OLOLOLOLOLOL. Evidently, you're not better than anyone here.

Comment

Comment

It's very rare when I agree with Big Stu but I do right now. Just because you dont need a guide doesnt mean you're better than everyone else.
                            Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 01-01-2010, 04:45 PM.

Comment

What a bunch of whiny faggots. There are two reasons why anyone would need a guide for this game or Umbrella Chronicles. A) They like to collect the guides, which is understandable as I have a few guides I bought along with games but never used. B) They are too stupid and ignorant to look up on the internet what they need to know.

If you need to buy a strategy guide to beat a game, then yes you are bad. I stand by what I said, I am better at gaming then most people and I tend to only look through a guide or FAQ until I beat the game. I realize that some people are mentally handicapped (BigStu I'm looking at you fatty) and they can only play a game with a guide book holding their hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X