Infected Not Attacking Other Infected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infected Not Attacking Other Infected

In the long history of Resident Evil, the cases of infected-on-infected violence have been statistcally low.

Off the top of my head, there are only 3 examples of it:
    -the Hunter that decapitates a zombie in the Hospital in RE3
    -the El Gigante that makes pancakes out of the Ganados in RE4
    -the Mr. X variant in Outbreak #2 (though, since it was being remotely controlled at the time, this might not even count)

So what I'm wondering is...what's the deal?
    I don't think there's any official statements on this (not sure though) so I welcome any theories.
    Last edited by Becky's Butt; 01-03-2010, 02:16 AM.

-Crimson Heads in REmake will slice the shit out of any zombies in their path.
    -The T-103 in Darkside Chronicles beats down a number of zombies.
    -Nyx in Outbreak File 2 absorbs the T-0400TP.
    -Nemesis blows up a crowd of zombies during a cutscene, and also generally beats the shit out of them if they're in its way.
    -G5, although off-camera, absorbs Zombies and the like.

I don't see the problem. Zombies revert to cannibalism eventually but aside from that I dunno what you expect. There aren't many situations where different types of enemies are in the same place and generally, all B.O.W.s go for live creatures when they're on the attack.
    Last edited by News Bot; 01-03-2010, 02:26 AM.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Doesn't Nemesis sometimes incidentally shoot zombies with his Rocket Launcher? Not sure if that counts. Also, Dr. Cameron (in her monster/mutated form) kills some zombies via her sharp tentacles piercing through the asphalt.

My theory is: maybe they know if another is infected, like, maybe it's a zombie's instinct to know if another zombie or t-infectee is infected with the t-Virus.

When it comes to Plagas, they have a hive mind, IIRC. Maybe El Gigante was just too unstable and attacked anything.

^An infected being that's unstable can make up for the few instances where an infected attacks another infected (Hunters, I think, and DSC Mr. X, but then again Mr. X just shoved those zombies out fo the way to get to Claire and Leon).

edit 2 to edit 1: nvm, I think I gt it. 'G5', I see. Thank you, REmaster!
      Last edited by Ray; 01-03-2010, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
        Doesn't Nemesis sometimes incidentally shoot zombies with is Rocket Launcher? Not sure if that counts. Also, Dr. Cameron (in her monster/mutated form) kills some zombies via her sharp tentacles piercing through the asphalt.

My theory is: maybe they know if another is infected, like, maybe it's a zombie's instinct to know if another zombie or t-infectee is infected with the t-Virus.

When it comes to Plagas, they have a hive mind, IIRC. Maybe El Gigante was just too unstable and attacked anything.

^An infected being that's unstable can make up for the few instances where an infected attacks another infected (Hunters, I think, and DSC Mr. X, but then again Mr. X just shoved those zombies out fo the way to get to Claire and Leon).

edit: ^News Bot, may I ask, what is this 'G5' that you speak of?
        I'd guess Birkin stage 5 mutation. Makes sense since he's just a huge pile of absorbing crap by then.
        Last edited by REmaster; 01-03-2010, 02:49 AM.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

^ Ah, okay, I see now. 'G5'. LOL, silly me.

And yeah, he did absorb a whole lot of shit turning into that fucking blob. Speaking of which, how did he even make it to the train, or even get in? Hm...

Comment

I'm thinking it used it's tentacles to grab on to the back rail, got dragged a little ways than eventually pulled itself on in and grew bigger. However, if it was absorbing everything in sight and grew to a huge size prior to actually getting inside, I like to think it absorbed the whole back of the train than pulled itself inside out and grew another mouth or something to that extent
            Last edited by REmaster; 01-03-2010, 03:19 AM.
            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Birkin appearing on the train is like the Tyrant in CVX appearing on the plane.
              You can make all sorts of theories for it but it seems obvious Capcom just said "we need to put this here" and didn't give it any sort of thought beyond that.

Comment

^@REmaster- Ah, I see. I thought it only absorbed organic matter, but you make an interesting point of it absorbing non-organic materials such as the train itself, I never thought of that.

@Becky's Butt- Yeah, that too.
                Last edited by Ray; 01-03-2010, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Not everything needs a explanation.

Comment

^ But it's always (okay, almost always) fun to try, no matter where it takes you.

Holy crap I feel optimistic. ...

Comment

Ive never thought this to be an issue. You can apply anything from modern science to explain this.

In all cases, the infected have killed something of their own because it was an obstacle (or in a few cases, because CAPCOM decided it would be cool).

How do they recognize each other? Instincts- in a semi-dark situation where you cant recognize someones face, you instinctively recognize what he is doing by observing his posture. Since zombies behaviour is completely different, they ignore the staggering idiots and go straight for the humans. And yeah, according to this line of thought, you could stagger your ass out of the infected zone with noone bothering you.

Bioelectricity. We all emit certain waves and considering the infected are altered on every conveivable level, it would be easy to assume that their bioelectric waves are different.

Et cetera.

Comment

I always thought that zombies "recognized" each others due to their smell, actually. Dunno, maybe the viruses made their blood smell different from the human blood. I tend to think that, like 99% of the stuff in the RE series, CAPCOM didn't give it much thought tho.

Comment

The zombie dog kills a zombie by dragging him underneath the prisoners quarters and eating him in CV.

The Chaingun Majini and J.J in RE4 and 5 friendly fire other ganados.Though this can be explained.

And you can probably include Wesker in this.

Comment

I guess it's a matter if B.O.Ws want to kill the opposing targets near them, and if anything is in their way between them then they probably will be attacked in the process. Also Blacktail your signature needs to be changed so it's not animated (gif) so it'll be great if you can change that.

Comment

It would be cool if they attacked each other, but since it's a game, then, you wouldn't get any enemies to fight. Of course, friendly fire between friends and enemies in OUTBREAK would've been fun, with the right people so that it wouldn't degenerate into a DM, which means 1 gaming session every year or so.
                              Last edited by The_15th; 01-03-2010, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X