Favorite title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite title?

Which game is your favorite? The first remake was my favorite. It was so beautifully remade. I'm nt just talking about graphics either. I also liked the additional monsters like Lisa and the way they did Neptune. Jill was hot too.

RE5 - amazing story, Chris vs. Wesker, saving Jill, awesome graphics and gameplay, Josh and Sheva are great new characters, BSAA is a BEST special unit in RE so far (yup better than S.T.A.R.S. for me)

BTW I think RE5 Gold Edition will be soon my favourite RE game, because Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape both look amazing
    Spoiler:

Comment

You know, I think you're the first person I've ever heard who liked RE5 most. Exciting. You shall be captured and studied, such a rare specimen you are.

I'm a fan of RE2. It has everything I love about Resident Evil...two characters to play as, exploration, scares, weird puzzles. The additions of the A and B scenarios and bonus games just make it finger licking good for me. It was the loss of a second playable character and no second scenario that made me dislike RE3 for a long while...I kept hoping to unlock Carlos' scenario or something. It was disappointing. One day, though, Capcom will do it again and I'll love them. Well, I won't hurt them as much.

Comment

Resident Evil........ 2.

Was the first RE game I played and still is awesome. RE1 was a good little runner but paled in comparison to 2. 3 was an ok addition and the Remake was pure gold though I missed the cheesy voice acting.

Comment

Resident Evil 3 is my personal fav, though I think REmake is a better game.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
            You know, I think you're the first person I've ever heard who liked RE5 most. Exciting. You shall be captured and studied, such a rare specimen you are.
            just my option
            of course I dislike the lack of horror, but overall it's awesome game for me

my second favourite are REmake, RE2 and RE4. They are all at the same level
            Spoiler:

Comment

Resident Evil 2

The best mix of action, exploration and story combined with the most interesting enemies and some of the more creative enemies. Oh, and it included four scenarios overall, which was pretty crazy for the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                I think it's nice to see someone say that RE5 is their favourite, makes a change from the boring typical "OMG RE4 is teh best evar!!". And I also enjoyed RE5 allot more than RE4 but it's still nowhere near the level of the classics IMO.

Resident Evil 3 Nemesis has always been my favourite since it's release. RE2 and REmake are tied for a very close second.

Comment

For me it would be Resident Evil.

I have the most memories of that game since it was the one me and my buddies played the most during one of our summer vacations back in 96'.

REmake is up there and is the one I prefer over the original but I wouldn't be a fan if it weren't for RE1 on PSone.

Comment

Either RE2 or REmake. Both are just incredible in their own rights for different reasons.

RE2 for its old-school charm, the absolutely immense amount of content (2 characters with two scenarios each, another one with HUNK, that same one with Tofu, all the unlockable weapons and costumes and the Extreme Battle game, all on one convenient Gamecube disc), the scares, the story, etc.

REmake for its massive graphical update, loads of new story content (the whole Trevor storyline is brought to life in Lisa), loads of new gameplay content (the defense items, the new areas to explore, etc.), also the scares, and the better voice acting. It fit the mood of the... well, moodier remake. The cheesy voice acting was awesome for RE1, but it really would've just been weird when put in the more atmospheric remake.

Comment

Resident Evil. There is something about the bare bones nature of it compared to the other titles that I find very appealing. Also, I can’t forget the cast roll-call at the start.
                      Last edited by Mr.Pyramid; 01-07-2010, 09:31 AM.

Comment

RE2 because Claire's my second fav character & Leon *drool*
                        Plus the story was pretty overwhelming back then with the whole city being infected and almost everyone dying

Comment

It was my first...my favorite...Resident Evil 2. I stayed up playing this game so much when I got it, everything about it was amazing as pointed out by the others. Two characters to play, 4 storys, the variety of enemies and Ada Wong. It almost brought me to tears when she "died". I started my collection with this game and never looked back. REmake and RE4 are a close second to re2.

Comment

RE2 is my favourite RE game. I have a lot of childhood memories with it, (the epic first time in the interrogation room and the Licker), and it is just a fantastic. It is everything good about RE. For gameplay, RE3 is my next favourite because it's a great game to play and I have a lot of fun with it. For story, CVX is my favourite but that's about it. I love the Ashfords but I think the way the game can screw you over to the point where it's pretty much unplayable is very annoying and I don't find it nearly as fun as RE2/3/4. So it'd have to be, taking everything into account:

RE2
                            RE3
                            RE4
                            CVX.

Alexia will always be my favourite RE character though. Protagonist, I'd say probably.. Leon? Followed closely by Ada.

P.S, RE5 favourite? ..... Wut

*Screams a la cheesy slasher movie*

Spoiler:

Edit: Just out of curiousity, I wonder if Gaiden is anyone's favourite title.
                            Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 01-07-2010, 01:25 PM.

Comment

I can't narrow it down to just one, but I can list which game I think is best in several categories.

Best Story: CVX

I love the Code: Veronica story more than any other; it is dark, creepy, and intense. There were less characters than other RE games, but I found each character to be stronger, better developed, and more interesting than those from previous games. A caring father who genetically engineered two brilliant children to further scientific research, and whose own children robbed him of his humanity; a lonely man who had gone insane from (among other things) the separation from his sister; a sociopathic, genius researcher who became obsessed with a doomsday virus; a young man who was imprisoned for no reason other than his father's mistakes, who saw his mother killed; a sympathetic, wounded Umbrella officer who had given up, as his entire family had passed; and the return of a man once thought dead, a man obsessed with power, control, and last but not least, revenge. I found this story to have far more emotion and feeling than those of other RE games - it made you feel for the characters.

Most Horror: Remake

The tension in this game is amazing, and the mansion is beyond frightening. I remember the first time I walked down the hallway to the greenhouse and saw the shadows of the zombies banging on the windows when illuminated by lightning. It still sends shivers up my spine.

Best Atmosphere: CVX

I loved the cryptic architecture and mysterious fog throughout Rockfort Island right from the start. From the macabre prison to the palace (perhaps a symbol of fallen nobility) to the spartan military training facility, this game's locales sucked me in. Entering the private residence for the first time, with that huge torn doll hanging there and the creepy piano music playing is enough to make anyone's skin crawl. The Antarctic research terminal was an excellent place for the epic endgame - the frigid location seemed to allude to Alexia's cold, sociopathic personality.

Best Gameplay: RE4

The gameplay in RE4 never gets old to me. I love the classic games for their stories, atmosphere, characters, tension, horror, and music, but I can't replay them over and over again (in a row) like I can with RE4. Searching high and low around every corner for hidden random items was fun, and the grid inventory system made far more sense to me than the limited storage of other RE games - a rocket launcher was actually eight times larger than a box of handgun rounds! Of course, where Leon stored all that stuff is a mystery.

Best Music: CVX

The music in this game is amazing. From the tense A State of Emergency to the haunting Palace of the Insane to the epic The Code is Veronica, CVX's music fits the game's story and is also a large contributor to the atmosphere. Even the ambient themes like Death Siege and the various Antarctic transport terminal themes (Blanc, Subzero, Déjà Vu, Rasen) are catchy and can hold their own when listened to outside of the game.

Most Classic: RE2

As this is the first RE game I played, I get a massive boost of nostalgia every time I revisit it - I'll never forget how much lickers freaked me out when I was younger (if the opening ceiling scene didn't get me, the interrogation room or the morgue would). The RPD was a classic and interesting environment (even with its lack of bathrooms), and Birkin's lab, while bordering on sci-fi ridiculousness at times, was epic. Excellent music, too.
                              Last edited by Det. Beauregard; 01-07-2010, 01:45 PM.
                              Mass production? Ridiculous!

Comment

Working...
                              X