RE2: Hidden Gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE2: Hidden Gate

Most of you probably already know about the hidden camera angle of the main RPD entrance, but I just finished a video for those who don't. The quality is pretty lame because my capture card is messed up(bootleg saves the day, kinda).
    Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwPf8jcl2qk
    Last edited by REmaster; 01-14-2010, 10:55 PM.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

You can't walk through it?

Comment

Nope, it won't let you. I guess for the same reason it won't let you go back out the side gate(TOO MANY ZOMBIES! lol), that and the fact that there's nothing on the other side besides what you can see.
      Last edited by REmaster; 01-14-2010, 11:42 PM.
      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
        Nope, it won't let you. I guess for the same reason it won't let you go back out the side gate(TOO MANY ZOMBIES! lol), that and the fact that there's nothing on the other side besides what you can see.
        This one is kind of old. But nah you was never able to actually go out the gate. But in BH 3 it's the gate you go through with Jill to get inside the R.P.D

Comment

Originally posted by Hunk_4TH View Post
          This one is old as hell
          Fixed lol. It's still pretty interesting though for those who did not know of such a thing. I like to think of it as a nice break from another "Favorite character poll"

Comment

Fixed lol. It's still pretty interesting though for those who did not know of such a thing. I like to think of it as a nice break from another "Favorite character poll"
            Guess I should have rephrased that lol thanks Yeah, it's definitely a break from that. As I still find the gate interesting. Sort of like an easter egg

Comment

Nice. Don't know why, but I always found that hidden camera angle to be so exciting. I always thought it was more of a luck thing, though, since I was never able to successfully prompt it with each attempt. Next time, I'll try killing the zombies like you did. I can't remember if I ever did that first.

Also, nice touch with Muse's "Knights Of Cydonia." Favorite band ever, true story.

Comment

^ Ha yea I love that song. I too failed at getting the angle whenever I wanted, and for years all my friends thought I was lying lol. Looks like someone gave me a 1 star rating...I'll find you
                Last edited by REmaster; 01-15-2010, 02:24 AM.

Comment

I wasn't aware of this easter egg. Thanks man.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yea man, sorry about the quality but at least it get's the point across lol.

Comment

WOW Top Man ~ Cheers, however small, just finding out something new after all these years thinking I had seen all there was to see in RE2, what a buzz! Now to find that secret key that opens it! Thanks!

Comment

^ Ha yea I love that song. I too failed at getting the angle whenever I wanted, and for years all my friends thought I was lying lol. Looks like someone gave me a 1 star rating...I'll find you
                        XD That's weird, on your footage you've said that you think you can only get it once. Well, I just went and captured it a few times from different triggers (I forgot that I had footage of Brad and thought I'd upload it with the newly captured gate footage).

My footage of the Brad/Main Gate (Audio was put over the top, as the sound hasn't been capturing on-sync for some reason recently).

From what I've seen myself, you can get the angle if: You kill the zombies at the side-gate, or kill Brad, the first two zombies off to the side won't appear. If you enter the R.P.D. they will, after you've killed them you can re-enter the R.P.D. and view the angle each time, then you can go back to the side-gate, kill the zombies and go back and view the Main Gate again as they've respawned.

(P.S. I gave you 5 stars for your footage, plus great song choice!)

Overall, it's a nice easter egg. Thank you for capturing it, hopefully my own capture will be helpful showing some other triggers for the angle. ;
                        sigpic
                        Non-blurry Signature Version
                        Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

You know that commercial for RE Apocalypse featuring the fake product Regenerate? There's posters hanging in RC advertising that in RE3.

Comment

I remember getting that camera angel when I was young and playing it on the N64. When I seen it I was excited then it wouldnt let me go through. Happiness turned to pissed off in just a few seconds. Only Capcom can do such a thing.

Comment

Walk through walls cheat doesn't let you go to any addition screens past this, incase anyone wondering.
                              Last edited by Dracarys; 01-15-2010, 02:01 PM.
                              Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Working...
                              X